Zac Rinaldo Scares Kessel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Zac Rinaldo Scares Kessel

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/2/25/4030018/zac-rinaldo-phil-kessel-quote-flyers-leafs

I know they talk a lot, but this is pretty aggresive!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Zac Rinaldo Scares Kessel

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/2/25/4030018/zac-rinaldo-phil-kessel-quote-flyers-leafs

Wasn't it the opening face off too nas?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Didn't scare him too much, as Kessel scored the first goal. Matter of fact, Rinaldo and Simmons looked like the ones playing scared that night. Neither of them wanted to drop the gloves that game, and it looked like they were both asked. The Flyers play real hard and throw the body, but without Sestito and Shelly in the lineup they are not the same.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Beware of players playing scared , I guess is the lesson here... Kessel pots a beauty and Flyers get thumped .... appropriate result..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

Too bad you cant score goals with your mouth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Gosh, even the Philly writers are dumb. The guy claims it's no secret that Rinaldo might be the hardest hitter in the league. I think it's absolutely a secret since nobody outside of Philly seems to know about it. Rinaldo is a fool that was trying to play it up for the mic. All his statement did was serve as a reminder for Phil to keep his head up. PK's response was likely something along the lines of, "OK, thanks for the warning".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Rinaldo threatens to take Kessel's head off.

Why wouldn't he threaten some other body part that might effect his play?

What did Kessel respond?

Take a pick from a the video, it's in there somewhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yusSgJnaIUM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah the blogger from SBNation said "Can't hear what Kessel said" and then you play the video and hear PK say "No your not". The rest is on the scoreboard and Rinaldo is still a Chooch!

PS. Charge the batteries for your hearing aide(s)...

"What?!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Things I would have said if i were Phil Kessel:

1."And you are?'

2."Well, if your on the ice the same time I am, you'll probably catch me with my arms up in celebration"

3."Oh I know now, your Tom Sesitito!"

4." Catching me with my head down and checking me? Or catching me with my head down like Crombeam?"

5."No seriously, who are you?"

6. " I thought my hair was bad, you look like your auditioning for New Kids On The Block."

7. " See to me the key word is "catch"..I've seen you skate, I don't see you catching me"

8. " I have more talent in my one testical, than you have in your family tree"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

After dealing with cancer I'm sure Kessel isn't scared by anything coming out of Rinaldo's mouth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Funny stuff, Kel!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Maybe I am in the vast minority , but I dont wish ill will on Kessel.  He has had 30 goals every year since leaving the Bruins.  I understand that we hate him because he's soft, arrogant, and lacsadaisacal.  But honestly, he's also a gifted goal scorer and fun to watch.

The Kessel trade wasnt as bad as advertised (for the leafs).  We definately came out on top, but some refer to the trade as if it crippled the Leafs franchise.  To me, that may be a bit of a strectch.  Kessel has been very good for them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Let me qualify the above post by stating: up until recently I did wish ill will on Kessel.  Recently, Ive gotten over it.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Maybe I am in the vast minority , but I dont wish ill will on Kessel.  He has had 30 goals every year since leaving the Bruins.  I understand that we hate him because he's soft, arrogant, and lacsadaisacal.  But honestly, he's also a gifted goal scorer and fun to watch.

The Kessel trade wasnt as bad as advertised (for the leafs).  We definately came out on top, but some refer to the trade as if it crippled the Leafs franchise.  To me, that may be a bit of a strectch.  Kessel has been very good for them.

It was just bad timing for the leafs. Kessel is a UFA after next season and there's no guarantee they keep him. you make trades to have premier players around when you can make a run, and for picks and prospects when you're rebuilding. I understand the logic, but it didn't make sense to me

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Let me qualify the above post by stating: up until recently I did wish ill will on Kessel.  Recently, Ive gotten over it.  

I kinda feel the same way about him. My hatred for him and the team as a whole dimished with the firing of Wilson and especially Burke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And knowing the manner of how Rinaldo has played the game since his junior days I'd believe that this was not just talk. He is a player who will run around the ice not trying just for the big hit, but to injure also.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't hate Kessel.  I want to see him fail because he was a B's draft pick and forced himself out of town for money.  Now, I'm fine with players getting paid and kudos to Kessel for making that level of scratch, but you can't have both.  By leaving town, he did turn his back on us Bruins fans, and for that he deserves to be ridiculed, mocked and "Thank You Kessel"-ed forever in Boston.

But, I don't hate him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I don't hate Kessel.  I want to see him fail because he was a B's draft pick and forced himself out of town for money.  Now, I'm fine with players getting paid and kudos to Kessel for making that level of scratch, but you can't have both.  By leaving town, he did turn his back on us Bruins fans, and for that he deserves to be ridiculed, mocked and "Thank You Kessel"-ed forever in Boston.

But, I don't hate him.

Fair.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

1."And you are?'

2."Well, if your on the ice the same time I am, you'll probably catch me with my arms up in celebration"

3."Oh I know now, your Tom Sesitito!"

4." Catching me with my head down and checking me? Or catching me with my head down like Crombeam?"

5."No seriously, who are you?"

6. " I thought my hair was bad, you look like your auditioning for New Kids On The Block."

7. " See to me the key word is "catch"..I've seen you skate, I don't see you catching me"

That is post of the year stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I wish they would mike up more players.......similar to what they do in the NFL so we could catch more of what happens at ice level between players. Love the trash talking....didn't work out so well on this night for Rinaldo.

Anyone remember Bruce Lee in Enter The Dragon? One of the best lines/scene ever:

O'hara about to square off with Lee in the tournament, breaks some boards in front of Lee.....and Lee says "Boards, don't hit back". Classic!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

OMG this one made my cry (of laughter) :

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I never hated Kessel...loved the trade...hoped he wouldn't come back to bite us on the a$$....and hoped the Leafs would falter so our picks would be higher...

Check and check. I am over it now. Except for the coming back to bite us part(in head on competition).

Sections
Shortcuts