Zach Bogosian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Zach Bogosian

James Murphy of ESPNBOSTON.COM suggested the bruins go after Bogosian with their TO Pick.  Thoughts on this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Zach Bogosian

In Response to Zach Bogosian:
    James Murphy of ESPNBOSTON.COM suggested the bruins go after Bogosian with their TO Pick.  Thoughts on this?
    Posted by Tuckerw3

Murphy must come here for his"ideas"because we've been throwing that idea around here since PC said the pick was in play.Bogosian would be a great pickup IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Who do you sit or trade on D? Boychuk has been underwhelming this year. Stuart has been bitten by the injury bug.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I like this, but I just don't see Atlanta going for it unless they really fall back before the trade deadline.  A lot of people still consider them a legit playoff team.

Would love to sneak a forward like Brian Little into the deal too, if we had some assets they would want.  Naturally their coach knows what we've got pretty well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Obviously Atlanta would'nt do this, but I'd be asking for Big Buff instead of Bogosian.  TO's #1, Stuart and Wheeler, for Buff.   I know its a Pipe dream but Imagine a D Pairing of Big Z and Big Buff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What would Atlanta get with that pick?  Hopefully someone as good as Bogosian.  No need to trade for what they would hope to get.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If I read the same article as joe, he's not exactly on the block.  He's had a rough year, possibly because Byfuglien has pushed him down the depth chart and he's been sulking about it.  Also rumours that he doesn't get along with the new staff provoked calls from GMs smelling an opportunity to pry a top tier D for rock bottom prices.  That's not exactly the Thrash saying "young roster player, prospect, and two first round picks ... or best offer!  No reasonable offer refused!"

Hypothetically, you'd have to start with Toronto's pick so that there's even a hope they'll get a player with Bogosian's potential.  But NAS is right - it that's all the Thrash really get, it would be stupid for them to make that deal.  The pick and another significant asset might get it done - a roster player who can help that team reduce it's GAA.  The Thrash need exactly what Bogosian should be giving them - defense.  They could also use a go-to forward because Buff and Enstrom are their two leading scorers. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Zach Bogosian:
    What would Atlanta get with that pick?  Hopefully someone as good as Bogosian.  No need to trade for what they would hope to get.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

They obviously would want players/prospects to go along with the pick.It starts to make more sense if they get players too........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Atlanta would get Stuart and Boychuk. Bogosian could be a steal. Is already a decent D but whould be better

Atlanta need to get some tough stay at home d's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

YAAAYYYY another dumb trade proposal, Atlanta is looking to add not subtract especially someone as young and talented as Bogosian

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Bogosian is 4th on Atl depth chart, would be same here maybe 5th.  He will be something in a couple of years of maturity, but he is not the pmd or ppd on that team, Buf is the one that is a proven force.

Buf is RFA and will be seeking a big raise from 3 to 5+, with Atl money or non-money, I am surprised that he is not the bait.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

No.
    If we were still building great. But PC is in "now or never" mode, which i agree with, and ZB has zero playoff experience, less than 200 total NHL games, and has been a minus player this and last season when the team has been better than his rookie season when he was a + player.

No dice.

Posted by Tuckerw3

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I would do that.  If they fall off they likely would do the deal for the pick.

SJ has already been linked with Stuart for Setiguchi. 

So essentially a pick/stuart for Set/Bog.  looks like a winning plan to me.  Then a center for the 3rd line and bring on the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Why would Atlanta trade a 21 yr old guy for a draft pick? They just drafted Bogosian at #3 two years ago so they are going to trade him for a #5 or #6?  Wake up. Bruins would never put Bogosian out there in the playoffs. They want an experienced Dman. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Are you people stupid? Buff would never play here for Julien. Buff roams all over the ice as a Dman. Julien hates that and wouldn't allow it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Did you ever consider Atlanta sees certain players in the upcoming draft that they like better then Bogosian to improve a rebuilding team ? Then there would be a need to trade him. Dumb comment !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I question the word "Byfuglien" and "D Man" in the same sentence.  More people score on Atlanta than Paris Hilton.  He's improved their offense, but their defense, even with Ramsay behind the bench, is atrocious.

shupe - who's putting Setoguchi for Stuart out there?  I want to know who to mock.  Could be it's Doug Wilson, but there you go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I question the word "Byfuglien" and "D Man" in the same sentence.  More people score on Atlanta than Paris Hilton.  He's improved their offense, but their defense, even with Ramsay behind the bench, is atrocious. shupe - who's putting Setoguchi for Stuart out there?  I want to know who to mock.  Could be it's Doug Wilson, but there you go.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I've actually heard the same rumours of a trade involving Setoguchi and Stuart.Add a pick/prospect with Stuart and it's not that far-fetched.If SJ thinks they need a hard-nosed D-man more than an underacheiving secondary scorer,then it makes sense.I'm sure that,like Boston,SJ thinks they're close to Cup contention with a few tweaks of the lineup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book,

I saw it about 2-3 weeks ago. I don't have a link.  SJ needs a Dman in the worst way.  Stuart would be in that groups top 4.  SJ has plenty of fwds.  I wasnt making that up I actually did see it.  But its a rumor so unless it happens thats all it ever will be.  But it makes sense.  Supply demand.  We have extra dmen and they have extra fwds. Works well for both teams.  With the emergence of Coutoure they are pretty deep on their top 2 lines

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Posted by Tuckerw3

Tell this guy to send a resume to Chiarelli. If they need help, they will call him. If they don't, they won't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The Atlanta GM on Bogosian:

"When rival GMs call, "I tell them, I'm not offering him up if that's what you're calling about. But if you want to make an offer go ahead," Dudley told ESPN.com."

"One rival GM said of Dudley, you're never going to be able to beat him on a trade because he knows too many players. That means if a team wants Bogosian, it will have to come up with an asset that would be equal in terms of age/potential. For instance, if the Los Angeles Kings wanted Zach Bogosian, a deal would almost certainly have to include top prospect Brayden Schenn.

So, the idea that Dudley would part with Bogosian for a package with Dustin Penner and injury-prone Ales Hemsky as its centerpiece would be highly unlikely."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/4560/zach-bogosians-growth-comes-with-pain

Pretty much says that unless we overpay, we're not getting him.

And if Buff came to the Bs he'd go back to forward.

End of thread.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Zach's potential is great but he woulodn't solve the Bruins PP problems as there has to be a need filled and Dudley would want more than the TO pick not worth it.

Setaguchi is good but all he is worth is Stuart straight up but as mentioned Wilson would want more. I'd rather have Weiss or Versteeg if Stuart were involved both teams need a stand a up guy like Mark as both teams Defense's need an overhaul the Caveman would be a good start.

Sections
Shortcuts