Zach Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Zach Hamill

Zach Hamill recalled from the Providence Bruins with the team likely needing a replacement for a likely to be suspended Daniel Paille

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Zach Hamill

surprising , thought Caron would be brought up. Lets see how he plays

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/02/hamill_recalled.html

WoW and good luck to Zack! Poor Julien probably asked for Whitfield LoL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Was hoping for Sauve`s speed, but that will be next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sauve is my favorite of all the prospects in Providence but he needs to show more consistency he's always scored in spurts even in the Q. Maybe he gets the call after the black aces would be nice but next October sounds about right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I'm hopin this is Hamill's last chance...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Zach Hamill:
    Posted by mannyortez3424

We all are!  Wouldn't it be great if he played so well he didn't get sent back down?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Amen NAS

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

about damn time. HAMMILLS is going to kick some but

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Posted by mannyortez3424

His last chance?  He'll be playing on the 4th line and you expect him to
    prove something ?  May as well trade him now !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hamill for Savard, Caron will come up for Paille.  I'll be shocked if they put Hamill on the fourth line for his entire call-up.  In his entire NHL career, he's never played lower than second line!  Point being, he's not a checking centre, he's not a mucker, and he's not an energy centre.  He did come into the league with a rep of having learned defensive responsibility from Kevin "0-5 forecheck" Constantine, though, so maybe it starts with just giving the team quality minutes - no points, just no points against.

If it happens, NAS, there must be a well or some bull walrus stem cell treatment or something that Chiarelli learned from Sherpas.  First Marchand blows up when so many were convinced his 20 lame games last year were enough to know he didn't have it, then Hamill comes up and earns an NHL paycheque?  Blood testing.  Or maybe wave a magnet behind Chiarelli's back to see if he has an metallic good luck charms stored in a body cavity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Very excited to see if the kid can finally emerge, a la Couture in SJ (drafted 2 spots after Hamill), but where does he fit?

Assume the Krejci and Bergeron lines stay the same. He has to be on lines three or four, but where? I have to believe Seguin and Hamill won't be playing together (even the biggest Homers on here would be afraid of that, at least right now). Hamill can't play wing, so he and Campbell are the two centers...

3rd: Wheeler -- Hamill -- Ryder
    4th: Thornton -- Campbell -- Seguin

OR

3rd: Wheeler -- Campbell -- Seguin
    4th: Thornton -- Hamill -- Ryder

I'm not sure which I prefer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Hamill will fill in for Savard, so leaving Kreji and Bergeron alone , that means Ryder/Hamill/Seguin, and Wheeler/Campbell/ Thornton or Paille.  Seguin showed some of that missing pizzazz last nite, should have had 2 or 3 goals, one over the net. Because of the stupid game plan of the Dallas coach this was the first game that Thornton was necessary. Campbell lost, Thornton won, and McQuaid won big. really wondered at the initial faceoff until we were shown how OTT blindsided Campbell last year. If that is all Brad Richards can do, then the Bruins do not need him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Zach Hamill : We all are!  Wouldn't it be great if he played so well he didn't get sent back down?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Really, NAS? I thought this kid ran over your dog or something, lol. jk. Let's hope the kid surprises everyone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Wish the kid good luck. After 2 plus lackluster seasons in the system, glad he's finally getting a chance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

a Used Car Salesman, Julien ain't...

Check out what he said about Hamill;

“He’s been playing really well,’’ said Julien. “In the last month, he’s been outstanding. You certainly want to give him a shot.’’

When have you known Julien to be so unequivocal, so breathless about a Rookie?

It's a showcase.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No question that Hamill has been playing well in Providence with Reich and caron. Setting him up with Ryder and Seguin could work well. Last nite Seguin showed flashes of his speed and skill. his all-out backcheck was a great effort, and he probably should have had 2 goals. Keeping Kreji and Bergeron's lines together it will be interesting to see how Claude employs his other six, or if they will also call up Caron if/when Paille gets suspended. Paille has been playing quite well lately, but he does deserve a suspension

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

He'll probably play the 3rd line between Ryder and Seguin, with Wheeler on the 4th line. It IS his last chance... he's a free agent at the end of the year, so it's time to put up or shut up. He's developed slow... time to see if he's got something or he's going to be let go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They are probably showcasing him for an upcoming trade

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2011/02/zach-hamill-ready-for-more-substantial-recall-to-boston.html

More insight on Hamill from Adam Kaufman. PBruins have picked up as of late.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Savvvy. Show Savvvy's posts

Very excited to see if the kid can finally emerge, a la Couture in SJ (drafted 2 spots after Hamill), but where does he fit? Assume the Krejci and Bergeron lines stay the same. He has to be on lines three or four, but where? I have to believe Seguin and Hamill won't be playing together (even the biggest Homers on here would be afraid of that, at least right now). Hamill can't play wing, so he and Campbell are the two centers... 3rd: Wheeler -- Hamill -- Ryder 4th: Thornton -- Campbell -- Seguin OR 3rd: Wheeler -- Campbell -- Seguin 4th: Thornton -- Hamill -- Ryder I'm not sure which I prefer.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

I would prefer the 1st. Seguin can play wing, and a little speed on that gritty line would do them well. More imortantly Hamill will get a fair chance playing his natrual position with better wingers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's semantics, I know, but really...showcasing him?  Lipstick on a pig.  At best, a "showcase" would suggest that he has some limited value as opposed to no value at all in a trade - unless he comes in and lights it up, and then what do you do?  Basically, though, showcase would imply that they're looking to generate interest in him rather than just putting a chip in play in order to acquire an asset they want.

Clearly there's a set of positive Hamill talking points circulating among Bruins management, but if they really are hoping he can fill in for a while - even for the rest of the year - then talking him up is part of creating an environment for the kid.  If he does well, sure, they might deal him for veteran help - or they might be much more willing to let Colborne go.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Why on earth am I excited about this...? 

I don't know, but I am.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I can't help you Fletch, but I share the feeling.

Sections
Shortcuts