Zanon in, Corvo out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Zanon in, Corvo out

Looks like the new guy is going to be a regular contributor and Corvo will be spending some extra time checking his Blackberry. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Zanon in, Corvo out

I can't defend uh oh Joe anymore he's wearing a suit the rest of the way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

yeah, corvo was horrendous today. one goal on the no-look backhand pass give-away to send Kovy and Parise in 2-1 (no awareness) and the second goal when he can't figure out who to cover off a faceoff and leaves his man all alone down low.

time for him to ride the pine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Zanon played great!  Good hits, good puck movement, good defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

It's playoff time soon .. time to play the plumbers and the shot blockers!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Corvo will probably play until Boychuck is back. It's CJ's style to give a guy a chance after a bad game anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Agreed.  

Corvo couldn't handle the pressure of having blueline competition tonight and the playoffs are all about pressure.

Zanon looked good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Corvo certainly was not the reason for the Devils resurgence in the second period, but his blind pass did give the Devils inspiration.  Corvo has made that pass more than once this season with no luck, he cannot handle in tight pressure.  Zanon, he was solid.  A Bruin for sure with a couple blocked shots, nice hits and steady behind the net.  Rolston finally looked a bit better in the third period.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Agreed on all counts. Zanon looks exactly like what the B's need back there...a defensive defenseman.

I've really really really tried to give Corvo the benefit of the doubt, but Jeez, he is just not so good. 
    Every night he gets at least 2 "What the F%#$, Corvo!!"'s out of me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I don't want to get too high on Zanon, since it's only a one game sample, but I was pleased with how he fit in.

Corvo... I know he's an "offensive defenseman", and all that implies.  He's got to know better than to take any chances when guys like Parise and Kovalchuk are on the ice though.  You just  can't keep a token offensive defenseman in the lineup when he makes plays like that and isn't really providing much offense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Ference may be injured so it looks like Corvo has gotten some divine intervention for the moment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Zanon in, Corvo out:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to get too high on Zanon, since it's only a one game sample, but I was pleased with how he fit in. Corvo... I know he's an "offensive defenseman", and all that implies.  He's got to know better than to take any chances when guys like Parise and Kovalchuk are on the ice though.  You just  can't keep a token offensive defenseman in the lineup when he makes plays like that and  isn't really providing much offense.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I agree Doc. Funny thing about this particular "offensive defenceman" is that he is not really putting up much offence anyway. Ference has almost as many points in less games but we do not call him an "offensive defenceman." Corvo has nothing to his game at all. Little offense and no defence.

I guess if we take a literal interpretation then Corvo is an offensive defenceman because his defensive play (or lack of it) is offensive to those who pay his contract,  the fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Thumbs up for Zanon's first game... solid!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I can't defend uh oh Joe anymore he's wearing a suit the rest of the way.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, you made an admirable effort though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Corvo certainly was not the reason for the Devils resurgence in the second period, but his blind pass did give the Devils inspiration.  Corvo has made that pass more than once this season with no luck, he cannot handle in tight pressure.  Zanon, he was solid.  A Bruin for sure with a couple blocked shots, nice hits and steady behind the net.  Rolston finally looked a bit better in the third period.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

wait, both goals they scored were 100% his fault... how does that absolve him of responsibility??? certainly that has something to do with the Devils resurgence in the secound period. Had he not made a horrible no look pass or had picked up the right man far-post we would not even be talking about a resurgence!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Corvo had ample time to prove his worth. No way should he set foot on the ice with the 2 new D-men available. Bye bye Corvo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Didn't watch the whole game, but judging by the highlight package, I can see why everyone's complaining about Corvo. That giveaway at the blueline was horrible, which he "attempts" to rectify with a half-hearted stick check, then refuses to move his feet and watches as the puck goes in the net.  If you've got any conscience, you work like heck as soon as you cough up the puck to try to get it back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]If you've got any conscience, you work like heck as soon as you cough up the puck to try to get it back.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

100% true, any hockey player knows the feeling. hustling to get back--even when hopeless--is essentially saying acknowledging that you're sorry, willing to work for the 0.001% chance that you may disrupt a rebound.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

please No more-vo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Zanon fit in nicely last night, kept things simple and was solid.

Corvo was Corvo.  He has never fit in.  Still, not bad having him as a depth guy (7th/8th) for a playoff run.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Olsonic, one player does not make a team.  Corvo may have been a catalyst for "resurgence" but hardly could be blamed solely for the second period play.  Other defensemen were not playing well either, namely the captain.  So Corvo sits, I agree.  Zanon, looked solid.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I chuckled when Zanon pasted Clarkson near the Bruins bench. This guy is built like a fire hydrant and his physical play can do nothing but help the B's defensive corps in their own end. More hitting from the B's last night . Nice to see !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Zanon brings a solid game to the Bruins. If he can teach Boychuck how to throw a hit and stay in the mix, wow. Also please note, at the point he uses a wrist shot, no slappy, his shots are on net, not blocked. Chara, Seidenberg and Boychuck need to copy this guy's game. Can he replace Houda and still play??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Zanon brings a solid game to the Bruins. If he can teach Boychuck how to throw a hit and stay in the mix, wow. Also please note, at the point he uses a wrist shot, no slappy, his shots are on net, not blocked. Chara, Seidenberg and Boychuck need to copy this guy's game. Can he replace Houda and still play??
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Boychuk is 4th on the team in hits. I think he knows how to hit.