Zanon in, Corvo out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Zanon in, Corvo out

I thought Zanon looked a bit enthusiastic around his own net in the 1st, but he really settled in as the game went on. His head was on a swivel for a few shifts, but that's to be expected with new partners out there.

As soon as the rotations become second-nature, he could really be an X factor. Reminds me of how solid Ference was in the playoffs. No turnovers. No clear lanes to the goal. Physical play. Allows his partner to take a chance or two.

Perhaps Zanon-Boychuck and Ference-McQuaid make more sense if the offense is struggling, and the standards if they want to focus on D.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Zanon looks exactly as advertised. Defensive defenseman (of defenceman) who makes the safe play and brings a physical presence. Joe was supposed to be okay in his own end but the trade-off was the transition game and his offense. His D is worse than expected, his transition game is inconsistent and his offense has been disappointing. It's odd, because he started out shaky but seemed to settle in, briefly, as he learned how to play in CJ's system (He much prefers man-to-man D). Then his game went south in all areas.

Yes, Zanon in, Corvo out. Hey pressbox joe...try the nachos.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I hope to God Ference and Manchuk are back soon

Chara/Manchuk
    Seids/Ference
    McQuaid/Zanon

Corvo
    Mottau

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I agree Chowda, Boychuck does hit, my point is that Zanon hits, and still stays involved with the play. Boychuck tends to hit and take himself out of the play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Zanon in, Corvo out:
    I chuckled when Zanon pasted Clarkson near the Bruins bench. This guy is built like a fire hydrant and his physical play can do nothing but help the B's defensive corps in their own end. More hitting from the B's last night . Nice to see !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

He is. He sort of has that low center of gravity with the tree trunk Bourque legs. Seidenberg has that, too, but Zanon is actually more squat, so it gives him more torque and leverage when hitting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

Corvo is slowly working himself to the stands, down between 17-18 minutes yesterday which is still way to much. But he used to play well over 21 the last months.

Hoping his gone next season and Dougie meets expectation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I liked his decisions. Zanon seems to be a top 4 d-man after last night. Obviously a small sample but if he keeps that up I'll be satisfied.

Chara Boychuck
    Seidenberg Zanon
    McQuaid Ference

When Boychuck is out how bout we try out Mottau?

? Maybe?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I don't want to get too high on Zanon, since it's only a one game sample, but I was pleased with how he fit in. Corvo... I know he's an "offensive defenseman", and all that implies.  He's got to know better than to take any chances when guys like Parise and Kovalchuk are on the ice though.  You just  can't keep a token offensive defenseman in the lineup when he makes plays like that and  isn't really providing much offense.
    Posted by DrCC

Ohhhh....he's offensive all right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

You know you have a good team when D'Argo is on your blueline.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

You know you have a good team when D'Argo is on your blueline.  
    Posted by bim09

Looks a bit like Zanon, brother maybe ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Zanon played great!  Good hits, good puck movement, good defense.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Maybe the most underrated deadline acquisition in the NHL.  PC always pulls it off at the deadline.  Seidenberg, kelly , peverly , Zanon.

Sections
Shortcuts