ZOMG: Massive re-alignment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

ZOMG: Massive re-alignment

WOW, I knew they were going to re-align, but I didnt see this coming. I like it!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6706113

With Western Conference teams Detroit, Nashville and Columbus hoping to be relocated to the East, the NHL has opted to realign the entire league rather than shifting Winnipeg, according to the Sporting News.

The purveying plan seeks to divide the league into four divisions -- two with eight teams and two with seven teams. The plan will likely be finalized at December's Board of Governors meeting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment

Wow. That's something I didn't see coming.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Im so glad the B's won.  Now I dont care what they do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Two divisions with 7 and two with 8?  Deliberately leaving room for 2 expansion teams?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Just 2 seeds assured for division winners, so no weak sister division winner getting a 3 seed - I like it!  Just need to name the divisions Adams, Patrick, Norris, and Smythe and we're all set (yes, not going to happen).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment:
    [QUOTE]Two divisions with 7 and two with 8?  Deliberately leaving room for 2 expansion teams?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Eactly! Bettman would like to add teams in New Orleans and Key West.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment : Eactly! Bettman would like to add teams in New Orleans and Key West. Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Oh I was guessing Anchorage and El Paso...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

No, Anchorage and El Paso are where New Orleans and Key West will be relocated when they fail miserably in about 3-5 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment : Eactly! Bettman would like to add teams in New Orleans and Key West.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]Two divisions with 7 and two with 8?  Deliberately leaving room for 2 expansion teams?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

or 2 contractions!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Another article mentioned the new divisions would be Pacific, Midwest, South nd East.

One projection of division breakdowns I saw was:
    Pacific - Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Anaheim, San Jose, LA, and Phoenix
    Midwest - Winnipeg, Minnesota, Chicago, Toronto, Detroit, St Louis, and Buffalo
    South - Dallas, Nashville, Florida, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Columbus, and Washington
    East - Philly, Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal, NYI, NYR, NJ, and Ottawa

Works for me. East would be all Eastern time zone teams, South and Mid-West would have Eastern and Cental time zone teams, and the Pacific would have the teams from Mountain and Pacific.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment : Eactly! Bettman would like to add teams in New Orleans and Key West.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

That's funny, I heard it was going to be the fanous hockey hotbeds of Las Vegas & San Diego, LOL! Bettman's such a tool. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

[QUOTE]Another article mentioned the new divisions would be Pacific, Midwest, South nd East. One projection of division breakdowns I saw was: Pacific - Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Anaheim, San Jose, LA, and Phoenix Midwest - Winnipeg, Minnesota, Chicago, Toronto, Detroit, St Louis, and Buffalo South - Dallas, Nashville, Florida, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Columbus, and Washington East - Philly, Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal, NYI, NYR, NJ, and Ottawa Works for me. East would be all Eastern time zone teams, South and Mid-West would have Eastern and Cental time zone teams, and the Pacific would have the teams from Mountain and Pacific.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Wow, I bet Buffalo would be thrilled with this. Oh well, at least they didn't get put in the Pacific.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

InResponse to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment : Wow, I bet Buffalo would be thrilled with this. Oh well, at least they didn't get put in the Pacific.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

Travel wise it's not that bad for Buffalo. Check out this map, and move Atlanta over to Winnipeg

http://oilersnation.com/uploads/old/2009/01/nhl-map.jpg

It's Dallas, Colorado, and St. Louis and that get the worst of the allignment. A lot better for Minny, Detroit, Coumbus and Nashville, and not bad for Boston. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment : Oh I was guessing Anchorage and El Paso...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

My guess is he's planning on putting a team in Mexico. Assuming Guy Boucher's evil plan of world domination goes as planned....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

If there's an expansion, you can bet on Quebec city !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Midwest will add HAMILTON, Bet your Ballsillie on it.

South will add ATLANTA 3rd time is a charm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ZOMG: Massive re-alignment : My guess is he's planning on putting a team in Mexico. Assuming Guy Boucher's evil plan of world domination goes as planned....
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Alain Vigneault will be the henchman James Bonds has to kill...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Another article mentioned the new divisions would be Pacific, Midwest, South nd East. One projection of division breakdowns I saw was: Pacific - Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Anaheim, San Jose, LA, and Phoenix Midwest - Winnipeg, Minnesota, Chicago, Toronto, Detroit, St Louis, and Buffalo South - Dallas, Nashville, Florida, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Columbus, and Washington East - Philly, Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal, NYI, NYR, NJ, and Ottawa Works for me. East would be all Eastern time zone teams, South and Mid-West would have Eastern and Cental time zone teams, and the Pacific would have the teams from Mountain and Pacific.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Just looking back at this and the map, and I was wondering if you folks thought it would make more sense to move the Caps to the East, St Louis to the South, and Pitts to the Midwest? Just looking at the map, and that makes the most sense geographically and time zone wise if they'e going back to four divisions (especially by those proposed names). However, that does break up Pitts and Philly.

Sections
Shortcuts