Are the Heat for Real Yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet?

if they win tonight ill take them seriously

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet?:
    I think they s^ck.  They are cooked as they lost their most consistent player, Udonnis Haslem.  Chris Bosh looks shellshocked.  Is he on something?  Wade looks like he is mourning the death of his team.  LeBron is great and all that but he a lousy teammate and player.  LeBron needs to play in Utah where Jerry Sloan will bench him for playing stupid.
    Posted by shines01

i agree. utah is a good team. call thsi payback for the beating in miami i guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : IMO, haslem is better than baby...we shall never agree on that i suppose my hopes are not vested in arroyo and chalmers...but its hard to argue with how arroyo has played so far...as for chalmers? if he plays more like his rookie year, than last year...he is above average starter for what hopefully will become a more upbeat heat offense as there isnt a team in the league that could stop a running lebron and wade....half court sets are another story entirely and im not failing to acknowledge the heat's shortcomings...could they have a better center and PG? absolutely they could...but for what they have now, they are still better than most teams by a mile because of wade and lebron and bosh as i said yesterday, i knew the team would take a long while to gel...my guess being january or february before they really start to play their best ball the difference between jones and house? position and height for starters
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

House, Miller and Jones are all very good shooters and severely limited in all other areas.

Arroyo this year, in 22.7 mins is averaging 7.1 PPG
    For his career, he is averaging 18.7 mins and 6.9 PPG

Sorry, not seeing much of an upgrade.  And Chalmers is NOT the starter.  Arroyo has started every game.  How can Chalmers be an above average starter when he doesn't start?  Thought you knew this team like the back of your hand?  22 games, 22 starts for Arroyo, who would be 3rd string on the Celtics, while Chalmers would be fighting Avery Bradley for mins!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I think they s^ck.  They are cooked as they lost their most consistent player, Udonnis Haslem.  Chris Bosh looks shellshocked.  Is he on something?  Wade looks like he is mourning the death of his team.  LeBron is great and all that but he a lousy teammate and player.  LeBron needs to play in Utah where Jerry Sloan will bench him for playing stupid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : You already used this line.................and he's not entitled to have an opinion different from yours?
    Posted by hedleylamarr

yes...i did already use that line...to the cleveland fan who thought their sellout streak was so impressive and while comparing miami fans to cleveland fans...and it fits perfectly because he is obviously very bitter about the decision

but did you even read bias' post to which i commented about? 2 far fetched trades and then the possibility the heat might not win a title in 3 years...

gee...thats an awfully a big limb to climb out on there chief

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : stop listening to bill simmons and watch some actual basketball haslem gets more respect for his game and how he carries himself as a man than big baby could ever dream of big baby? you got that right

Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

You did watched Bill Simmons, I didnt. I watched your clowns and my favorite team, the celtics. Here, these are the stats:

Big Baby - Let me remind you, as a bench:

PPG 11.3

Reb 5.4

FG% .497

Haslem

PPG 8.0

Reb 8.2

FG% .512

Once again, let me make this clear, Big Baby comes from the bench. Also he leads the NBA in charges taken. Stop watching sunshine network son...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

if they win tonight ill take them seriously
    Posted by KGLove

111-98 heat

and the heat only lost to the jazz thanks to what could only be considered a miracle comeback the first time

i bet jerry sloan likes lebron and wade on the same team even less now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : are you really going to sit there and tell you think big baby is better than haslem?...of course you are because you have seen haslem play what maybe 5 times in your life? anyways moving along...you still forget to mention james jones, who has played very well this year and you completely disregard how well arroyo has played...nevermind the fact that chalmers was hurt in the preseason and is finally back in shape and would you really want to leave eddie house open for 3's? i didnt think so if you are going to sit here and debate bench strength with me...at least mention the whole bench...which top to dampier, is pretty strong
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Davis is better than Haslem, yes I'll say it.
    James Jones is a career 40% shooter from the field, not exactly "lights out".  Nate and Delonte are both superior to House.  And even when he's hot, he can't dribble or cover anyone - ask the immortal Rafer Alston.

Putting your hope this year in Chalmers and Arroyo is a mistake of gargantuan proportions.  Let's be clear, here.  I have NO doubt Riley will fill in the gaps in the upcoming years.  Be it through the draft, trades or the MLE.  NO doubt!!!  Are we crystal clear on that, son??
    But you fail to acknowledge what the rest of us already seem to know - they DO have gaps this year.
    The Celtics gelled together right away in 2008.  It took the lakers until they stole Gasol to gel.  Face it, the Heat are not as good as advertised, and not as deep as you, a loyal fan, were led to believe.
    Tell me, what is the difference between Jones and House anyWAY????
    Thought so!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : House, Miller and Jones are all very good shooters and severely limited in all other areas. Arroyo this year, in 22.7 mins is averaging 7.1 PPG For his career, he is averaging 18.7 mins and 6.9 PPG Sorry, not seeing much of an upgrade.  And Chalmers is NOT the starter.  Arroyo has started every game.  How can Chalmers be an above average starter when he doesn't start?  Thought you knew this team like the back of your hand?  22 games, 22 starts for Arroyo, who would be 3rd string on the Celtics, while Chalmers would be fighting Avery Bradley for mins!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

i meant chalmers is an above average back up, i got ahead of myself

and arroyo would be your pg over nate 100% of the time

i tell ya what hedley, you stick to your knowledge of the celtics and ill stick to my heat...fair enough?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

3 words: Not this year
    Posted by breaktime

two more words...

you hope

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I bet they've already had discussions about trading LeBron's attitude.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

3 words:
    Not this year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : Davis is better than Haslem, yes I'll say it. James Jones is a career 40% shooter from the field, not exactly "lights out".  Nate and Delonte are both superior to House.  And even when he's hot, he can't dribble or cover anyone - ask the immortal Rafer Alston. Putting your hope this year in Chalmers and Arroyo is a mistake of gargantuan proportions.  Let's be clear, here.  I have NO doubt Riley will fill in the gaps in the upcoming years.  Be it through the draft, trades or the MLE.  NO doubt!!!  Are we crystal clear on that, son?? But you fail to acknowledge what the rest of us already seem to know - they DO have gaps this year. The Celtics gelled together right away in 2008.  It took the lakers until they stole Gasol to gel.  Face it, the Heat are not as good as advertised, and not as deep as you, a loyal fan, were led to believe. Tell me, what is the difference between Jones and House anyWAY???? Thought so!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

IMO, haslem is better than baby...we shall never agree on that i suppose

my hopes are not vested in arroyo and chalmers...but its hard to argue with how arroyo has played so far...as for chalmers? if he plays more like his rookie year, than last year...he is above average starter for what hopefully will become a more upbeat heat offense as there isnt a team in the league that could stop a running lebron and wade....half court sets are another story entirely

and im not failing to acknowledge the heat's shortcomings...could they have a better center and PG? absolutely they could...but for what they have now, they are still better than most teams by a mile because of wade and lebron and bosh

as i said yesterday, i knew the team would take a long while to gel...my guess being january or february before they really start to play their best ball

the difference between jones and house? position and height for starters

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I was listening to Simmons interview Steve Kerr on his podcast the other night and both Kerr and Simmons thought this heat team reminded them of the bulls when Jordan first unretired. The team that was beaten by the Shaq led Orlando team. 

The thinking was that Jordan and Pippen and Kukoc, were roughly as talented as Wade, James and Bosh, but like the current miami roster had no size or inside toughness.  No one who could really grab 12 rebounds a game and shutdown a tough post player. That came the next year with Rodman for the Bulls and 3 titles followed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

LeBron is great and all that but he a lousy teammate and player.  LeBron needs to play in Utah where Jerry Sloan will bench him for playing stupid.
    Posted by shines01

I agree. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : Reality is not a realm that most people want to deal with / accept / identify / etc. I find the psyche of the sportsfan an amazing study. If your starting 5 is a rapist, pedophile, murderer, serial killer, and adulterer and they win who cares. If you and I had / have done what Telfair, D West, Ray Lewis, and so on done we would be spending a long long long time in jail. I have a 73 year old stepfather who finds some sort of amazing pleasure and identification with / for 4 contenders in the 4 major sports.  People go to and through airports and wear Boston Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox, and NE Pats gear and that somehow that make them bigger / better / smarter / etc. What I am getting at is that objectivity is completely absent in just about every thread and almost every post. There are people that would no trade Rondo for Chris Paul because "Rondo is perfect for the team" as if having a better all around player would not be a good thing for the team. People scoff at the idea of Miami compiling a big three and how it was somehow unscrupulous - it was as a result of free agency... however, when the Cs traded the #5 pick for Ray Allen and then went down on KG in Minnesota to bring him here it was not a compiling of stars or frowned upon, etc. What is really lost in all of this is that when the Cs originally had a big 3 it was because they were actually big - i.e. all 6 feet 9 or above not because their personality was big or their egos are big or their game is big......  if John Wall, Arenas, and Hinrich carry the Wiz into the playoffs would / should they be considered the big 3 - none of them are over 6 feet 4.......... Give me Kobe, Gasol, and a healthy Bynum.... big 3... give me the other Gasol, Rudy Gay, and OJ Mayo... big three of the future... A complete lack of objectivity is something that most posters love to opine with and then with presented with any sort of perspective or facts of opinion, it is discounted as a troll / loser / stupid / moron, etc. There is not one night that goes by when there is not a point guard that does not have a better game than Rondo but somehow Rondo playing with 4 first ballot hall of famers makes him one of the best.... Tyreke Evans was one of 3 players in the history of the game to average 20 points, 5 points, and 5 assists per game as a rookie - Rondo could not get on the floor as a rookie but somehow Rondo is "perfect this team"......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

i agree largely with your post...ive lived in massachusetts for over 20 years now and find that...and especially with the patriots...that the fan ego has been inflated quite a bit around here but i like to think that there are still plenty of reasonable discussions that can be had or else i would have moved and wouldnt post on this board

i have to comment that the only thing that any poster could call me a troll for is saying the celtics are old...but of course by average age...the heat are older...so its not really a slight against the C's without taking a cheap shot at my team either...but anyways, i appreciate your insight and continued good posting

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : the heat's bench is better than 98% of other teams...sorry to break it to you
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Once again, your OPINION, while welcome here, is not playing out in real life.  Perhaps when they are all healthy.......perhaps.  But House is benched, Miller, Haslem, Arroyo and Dampier don't scare anyone.  You get what you pay for, and they went cheap on the bench.  They will improve their bench next year, but right now, anyone with half a brain can see it is their major weakness.  Sorry to break it to you.  Your loyalty, while admirable, is misguided!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : JJ - read the bold face - I KNOW what I wrote, you don't apparently.  And YES I've heard of Spoelstra before this year.  Pat Riley's hand-picked replacement...started as the videographer....yeah, that guy! Good win over Utah - but we are still 4 up in HCA!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

congrats, so you do know something about the heat

now if you can be cordial and not a grammar nazi and we will get along fine

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : Once again, your OPINION, while welcome here, is not playing out in real life.  Perhaps when they are all healthy.......perhaps.  But House is benched, Miller, Haslem, Arroyo and Dampier don't scare anyone.  You get what you pay for, and they went cheap on the bench.  They will improve their bench next year, but right now, anyone with half a brain can see it is their major weakness.  Sorry to break it to you.  Your loyalty, while admirable, is misguided!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

and chalmers has played well while backing up arroyo who, thus far this season is our 4th best player...he has played better than i could have ever dreamed...

i agree dampier doesnt scare anyone, but haslem and miller are both proven NBA players with a good track record of success...add that to james jones lights out shooting and the above adequate play of joel anthony on the defensive end and i say the heat's bench has been fine

and is one of the better benches in the NBA when all the pieces are together...to say they have no bench is being straight up ignorant and i dont say that as a heat fan, i say it as a basketball fan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : good post...thanks for the reality check around here
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Reality is not a realm that most people want to deal with / accept / identify / etc.

I find the psyche of the sportsfan an amazing study.

If your starting 5 is a rapist, pedophile, murderer, serial killer, and adulterer and they win who cares.

If you and I had / have done what Telfair, D West, Ray Lewis, and so on done we would be spending a long long long time in jail.

I have a 73 year old stepfather who finds some sort of amazing pleasure and identification with / for 4 contenders in the 4 major sports.  People go to and through airports and wear Boston Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox, and NE Pats gear and that somehow that make them bigger / better / smarter / etc.

What I am getting at is that objectivity is completely absent in just about every thread and almost every post.

There are people that would no trade Rondo for Chris Paul because "Rondo is perfect for the team" as if having a better all around player would not be a good thing for the team.

People scoff at the idea of Miami compiling a big three and how it was somehow unscrupulous - it was as a result of free agency... however, when the Cs traded the #5 pick for Ray Allen and then went down on KG in Minnesota to bring him here it was not a compiling of stars or frowned upon, etc.

What is really lost in all of this is that when the Cs originally had a big 3 it was because they were actually big - i.e. all 6 feet 9 or above not because their personality was big or their egos are big or their game is big......  if John Wall, Arenas, and Hinrich carry the Wiz into the playoffs would / should they be considered the big 3 - none of them are over 6 feet 4..........

Give me Kobe, Gasol, and a healthy Bynum.... big 3... give me the other Gasol, Rudy Gay, and OJ Mayo... big three of the future...

A complete lack of objectivity is something that most posters love to opine with and then with presented with any sort of perspective or facts of opinion, it is discounted as a troll / loser / stupid / moron, etc.

There is not one night that goes by when there is not a point guard that does not have a better game than Rondo but somehow Rondo playing with 4 first ballot hall of famers makes him one of the best.... Tyreke Evans was one of 3 players in the history of the game to average 20 points, 5 points, and 5 assists per game as a rookie - Rondo could not get on the floor as a rookie but somehow Rondo is "perfect this team"......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : He's not Fierce34, I am.
    Posted by P34

yeah please dont confuse me with this guy...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : two more words... you hope
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

One word:
    Ha!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

No bench, I say they will always have a hard time beating the elite.
    Posted by cabutan

the heat's bench is better than 98% of other teams...sorry to break it to you

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Are the Heat for Real Yet? : They definitely are playing better.  If they can start winning games against the teams with the best records, I would say that they are improving. 
    Posted by susan250

Have the Celtics beat any good teams?  They beat and lost to OKC and have not really played any of I would consider the best teams.  The best team they have played, they lost to - Dallas.  Let me make my position clear though - I think the Cs are far away the best team in the league right now but I will have a much better feeling about them once they play Utah, the Lakers, Orlando, etc. 

They barely beat the Knicks and have played 3 over time games, so they are about 10 total points away from being 12 and 8 instead of 16 and 4.

Assessing whether the Heat are for real based on their record vs. good teams is not really what I would call a barometer.

They went the preseason without Wade and they have obviously had a hard time getting untracked and of course the expectations were crazy.  Since their players only meeting they seemed to have figured some things out.

They are in Utah tonight - that should be another indicator.

Another thing that I find really funny about a lot of the commentary is the "experts" keep saying they need a point guard to run the offense - over the last 20 years the Lakers have won 5 titles, the Spurs have won 4, and the Bulls won 6 (the Rockets, Cs, Pistons, and a couple of others won the other 5) - which of those teams had great point guards or even good ones - only Parker and Billups are what I would call good point guards out of all those teams.  The best point guards on those championship teams were Michael and Kobe - the same as with the Heat - LeBron is the point guard and when Mike Miller is back the Heat will be immeasurably better.... LeBron penetrates and finishes or kicks it to one of the best 3 point shooters in the league.... Wade penetrates and finishes or kicks it to one of the best 3 point shooters in the league - e.g. imagine Wade and LeBron with Ray Allen....

Another criticism of the Heat is at the 5 - but center by committee and having 24 fouls to use always seemed to work for the Bulls and Spurs and the most current Lakers.

I could easily see the Heat run another 10 in a row just as easily as I could see them playing 500 for the rest of the year but it will likely be somewhere in between IMO.

The thing that is scary about the Heat is that for the most part there is no point in any game where one of their best players is not the best player on the floor.  If LeBron is on the bench Wade is the best player on the floor, if Wade is on the bench LeBron is the best player on the floor in any game against just about every team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I still believe that if Orlando can somehow land Melo for Carter and Lewis I still like the Melo/Howard/Nelson hook up better than the Heat. Then there is the chance that Paul and Melo go to NY to join Amare. It's not a given that the Heat will even win a title in the next 3 years.
    Posted by BiasLewis

whatever helps you sleep at night...

Sections
Shortcuts