What's with the Lakers schedule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : In the REGULAR SEASON, Bynum missed 17 games last year, and Kobe missed 9 (most near the end of the year).  Why don't you get YOUR FACTS straight.
    Posted by victorlee1234

Victor does have his facts right.  It's READING that is his problem.  This thread is about the lakers early season cake schedule, and the beginning of the NBA season.  LAST year, Gasol was hurt from playing in the FIBA games, at the beginning of the year.  Bynum and koME got hurt at the end of the year........but we're not talking about the end of the year, we're talking about the beginning.........please read better so you can contribute properly to the thread, instead of going off on typical lakers, irrelevant tangent........can the back-to-back card be far behind?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

As a die hard celtic fan I have to admit the Lakers have adjusted far better to the 'new' NBA than the celts have.

22 years in the doldrums tells me that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : So it's only wishy washy, glad to see your confession...
    Posted by OldFirm

So it's only wishy washy to think that the Lakers have more championships than the Celtics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

The '80's......the Decade of the "Big 4"........the majority of the power residing in the Eastern Conference....yes indeed...
    Posted by Duke4

Keep dreaming the Milwaukee Bucks as one of the Big 4...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I could care less if you keep posting.  Didn't you read the post.  I don't have to tell my mother but I bet you do. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This last point says it all what kind of losers post day after day on a rivals BB.  Go find my some Celtics fans who do it on a Laker BB.  I mean a nine year old might do what Rum Mchale and friends do for a couple days as a prank, but these guys really think they are sticking it to us.  Like an annoying fly we swat back at times but we really don't care.  You guys are either children or serious cases of arrested development.  Pathetic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Who has more championship when the NBA become big-time? You must be thinking that 4 is greater than 10...
    Posted by OldFirm

If you want to count championships start from the beginning. If not then how many championships did the Lakers win from 2003-08? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : So it's only wishy washy to think that the Lakers have more championships than the Celtics.
    Posted by P34

Who has more championship when the NBA become big-time?

You must be thinking that 4 is greater than 10...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : In the first place I was not talking to you. I'm not trying to crush you, all I'm saying is the Lakers, even with Kobe and the best frontcourt in the NBA, can't win 60 games. I didn't say that they can't be champs.
    Posted by P34

That right there is an argument that has as much merit as a my boogers are bigger than yours. The relevance is similar, and the sentiment just as meaningless.. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : There's no doubt the Lakers won the championship last season. I'm not disputing that. What your fellow Laker troll is talking about is the regular season. I think we should stick to the topic.  The Lakers have an easy schedule last year and yet they can't win 60 games. 
    Posted by P34

And your point is? Am I supposed to be crushed with that silly factoid? Oh the tragedy of the irrelevant......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : If you want to count championships start from the beginning.  If not then how many championships did the Lakers win from 2003-08? 
    Posted by P34

Why from the beginning? Quick, who won the most NFL championships from the beginning? don't look now. Everyone knows that the Steelers won 6 SBs, Cowboys and 49ers 5. Why do you think people don't remember the 1930s NFL championships?

Of course you want to count the dark ages because that would give you an edge, but since the NBA got to big-time after the Bird/Magic era, you totally lost the edge.

10-4.

How many championships did the Celtics won from 2009-10? or from 1987-2002? You want to play random years? you are on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : That right there is an argument that has as much merit as a my boogers are bigger than yours. The relevance is similar, and the sentiment just as meaningless.. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

You say meaningless yet you continue to argue. It must mean something to you because you keep talking about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondo44. Show hondo44's posts

Dont they play 82 games with the same home and away as every other team? Go figure. Must be part of the great contrived NBA theory that they get every call, every marquee player and more home games than anyone else. Doh!
    Posted by RUMcHale

Lakers play more home games than everybody else, just asked the Clippers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Why from the beginning? Quick, who won the most NFL championships from the beginning? don't look now. Everyone knows that the Steelers won 6 SBs, Cowboys and 49ers 5. Why do you think people don't remember the 1930s NFL championships? Of course you want to count the dark ages because that would give you an edge, but since the NBA got to big-time after the Bird/Magic era, you totally lost the edge. 10-4. How many championships did the Celtics won from 2009-10? or from 1987-2002? You want to play random years? you are on.
    Posted by OldFirm

Do research first.

Super Bowl in the 1930s? 

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : "Sticking it" to other fans is not allowed on the LA Times lakers forum.  I was told flat out that I could criticize the team, but not any posters, or my stuff would not be published.  I was also told that IF I did criticize the team, the "regulars" could say whatever they wanted to me, and there was nothing they were going to do about it.  "You are a guest here, and you must act accordingly."  That was Brian K from the Times that wrote that to me in an email.  So, come down off your high horse........actually don't.....go ride your high horse off into the sunset!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

This little post of yours motivated me to see what was what with your behavior, and I have just found you to be a little off on your assessment of your own behavior in enemy waters when you troll. Your decorum on the Lakers board was no better, and perhaps worse than many here. You said whatever you wanted, and were as condescending and sarcastic as you wanted to be toward the fans and the team. The big difference, there weren't Lakers fans constantly whining and crying to moderators to have you banned. They all put up with your "trolling" and were much more tolerant of your comments than you have ever been in return here. Heck you were actively talking smack to the fans there, and then had the audacity to claim you hated arguing with Lakers fans. Now that right there is funny. Strange place to be, for a man that hates arguing with Lakers fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Don't forget about Gasol's 17 missed games. When you go back to back with championship runs, and you fail to win 60 games, nobody cares. The Lakers went into 43 contests missing a key player, and they still won. Not very many teams in the NBA can have that many things go wrong, and still come out the other side like the Lakers did. The Lakers won their division, their conference, and the championship. You really think that winning 57 games vs  60 really matters at that point to anyone who isn't trying to be petty?  Cleveland won 65, and that got them where? The only thing that matters is rings. I bet every person in the Celtics organization would echo those same sentiments. That is what Kobe, and the best front court in basketball is after, and that is what they achieved. No one in Lakers land is crying woe is me, they didn't win 60 regular season games.  The next Sam Bowie was a factor that sent the Celtics chasing a pair of over the hill front court players to try and keep up. Keep praying for injuries, it might be your only chance.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

There's no doubt the Lakers won the championship last season. I'm not disputing that. What your fellow Laker troll is talking about is the regular season. I think we should stick to the topic. 

The Lakers have an easy schedule last year and yet they can't win 60 games. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hondo excellent point imagine three gimmes every year, extra home games against one of the worst teams in NBA history. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Excuses again?  If 60 wins really doesn't matter why make excuses like Kobe missed 9 games and Bynum missed 17 games?  And Bynum will always miss games. Didn't you know that he's the next Sam Bowie?
    Posted by P34

Don't forget about Gasol's 17 missed games. When you go back to back with championship runs, and you fail to win 60 games, nobody cares. The Lakers went into 43 contests missing a key player, and they still won. Not very many teams in the NBA can have that many things go wrong, and still come out the other side like the Lakers did.

The Lakers won their division, their conference, and the championship. You really think that winning 57 games vs  60 really matters at that point to anyone who isn't trying to be petty? 

Cleveland won 65, and that got them where? The only thing that matters is rings. I bet every person in the Celtics organization would echo those same sentiments.

That is what Kobe, and the best front court in basketball is after, and that is what they achieved. No one in Lakers land is crying woe is me, they didn't win 60 regular season games. 

The next Sam Bowie was a factor that sent the Celtics chasing a pair of over the hill front court players to try and keep up. Keep praying for injuries, it might be your only chance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : In the REGULAR SEASON, Bynum missed 17 games last year, and Kobe missed 9 (most near the end of the year).  Why don't you get YOUR FACTS straight.
    Posted by victorlee1234

Excuses again? 

If 60 wins really doesn't matter why make excuses like Kobe missed 9 games and Bynum missed 17 games? 

And Bynum will always miss games. Didn't you know that he's the next Sam Bowie?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Why from the beginning? Quick, who won the most NFL championships from the beginning? don't look now. Everyone knows that the Steelers won 6 SBs, Cowboys and 49ers 5. Why do you think people don't remember the 1930s NFL championships? Of course you want to count the dark ages because that would give you an edge, but since the NBA got to big-time after the Bird/Magic era, you totally lost the edge. 10-4. How many championships did the Celtics won from 2009-10? or from 1987-2002? You want to play random years? you are on.
    Posted by OldFirm

Dark ages? The Lakers are claiming that they have 16 championships, didn't the first 5 came from the Minneapolis Lakers? 

Does this mean the Lakers actually only have 11 championships?

Dark ages you say?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : And your point is? Am I supposed to be crushed with that silly factoid? Oh the tragedy of the irrelevant......
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

In the first place I was not talking to you. I'm not trying to crush you, all I'm saying is the Lakers, even with Kobe and the best frontcourt in the NBA, can't win 60 games. I didn't say that they can't be champs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You say meaningless yet you continue to argue. It must mean something to you because you keep talking about it.
    Posted by P34

Oh, you can't even begin to understand how regrettable my participation in this exercise is to me,  after I realized just how lame the argument you were making was. For that, I blame myself. But, for the lameness of trying to make the argument in the first place, I blame you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Do research first. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions Super Bowl in the 1930s?  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

No SB in the 1930s, but there were NFL champions in the 1930s. Yet you still can't tell us which team won the most NFL championships (hint: it's a team that won a lot in the bush league era).

Can't blame you for that. Normal fans don't pay too much attention to championships won in the Jurassic age. Celtics fans, of course, have to hold on to that in order to brag that they were (just barely) better than the Lakers.

10-4  and you can't do anything about it.

"17-16 and you can't do anything about that either", you say?

Of course I can. The NBA is a big money business now, not a bush league that the Celtics dominated. Who won the most championship since the NBA hit big-time?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Why blame me? I'm just pointing it out, the Lakers had an easy schedule last year but couldn't get 60 wins.  What if this year the Lakers get 60 wins, I don't think you will say that this argument is lame because I bet if the Lakers win 60 games this year you would be telling me how wrong I am. 
    Posted by P34

You would be wrong. 

I don't care if he Lakers win 65 games, if they don't bring home a ring, it is of no consequence. Rings are all that matter for this team, at this stage. The Lakers won 57 games last year in the regular season, that is seemingly your cross to bear. For whatever reason, I can only guess it is the only the only thing you have left in a very weak arsenal of nonsensical ways to attack the team. If it matters to you, well then hey, carry on with it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : According to whom?
    Posted by OldFirm

Since you insist that the Lakers should not win 60 games every season then so be it.

Sections
Shortcuts