What's with the Lakers schedule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?

disappointed by the blazers last night, i finally got around to looking over the lakers schedule. good grief! where are the losses gonna come from? where are the rough patches? how much of a stretch is it to consider they may be undefeated come freaking january? hopefully this post will serve to jinx.

go Cs!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

As you can see, OldFarty, there is no mention of the 2008-09-2009-10 Lakers. While the 2008 Celtics are at #7. 

HAHAHA!!!

POSTING JUST FOR THE SAKE OF POSTING, OLDFARTY?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

um.....Hollinger happens to be a Laker fan.....I can point you to any number of articles that support the Celtics....but 9-3 and 17-16 should do the trick....and you are talking about the modern NBA?  ......do you really think that sports from the 50's through the '70's were the "old" days?  ....how old are you?  ....baseball.....Mantle, Mays, Snider, Koufax. Spahn......football......Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, Deacon Jones.....today's athletes might be bigger and stronger....but it doesn't equate to quality....I'll take Babe Ruth over Mark McGuire.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : That has to be one of the worst lists of championship teams that I've ever seen. But I guess those people are paid to write such articles. I agree with number one and a few of the other teams, but in order for me. 95/96 Bulls 86/87 Lakers 64/65 Celtics 66/67 Sixers 71/72 Lakers 96/67 Bulls (great encore performance after 95/96) 85/86 Celtics 82/83 Sixers 70/71 Bucks 91/92 Bulls Just off my list are are the 88/89 Pistons. From what I've read and what I've seen basketball has been weakened by expansion and rule changes which have on one hand diluted the league and changed the game invariably into every decade. I think that it's actually easier now to compete than in was during the 80's or in earlier decades. I'd like to see the Miami Heat play against the 1989 Pistons under the rules from 1989.
    Posted by RUWorthy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I have to rate the 85/86 Celtics as the #1 team all time......5 Hall of Famers in their prime (Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ, and a healthy Walton).....it has been said that the team had no weakness....great shooting/scoring....great ball handling/passing....team defense....rebounding. This team blew the Lakers out in both games and went 40-1 at home I believe....like the first Laker squad that won the championship with "the Great 8" ...this Celtic team went with an 8 man rotation that also included Ainge, Wedman, and Sichting.....would've repeated had it remained healthy....of course, injuries to so many players killed their chances....but they still took the Lakers to 6 games.....just my opinion...

Sections
Shortcuts