What's with the Lakers schedule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : SO IT'S CALLED A BUSH LEAGUE BECAUSE MOST OF THE PLAYERS ARE WHITE? RACIST ARE WE, OLDFART? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

worshipper of a racist era of the league calling me racist? You really have to learn, son.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The NBA in the 60's were an 8-team league peppered with mostly slow white guys.  That's just a fact.
    Posted by victorlee1234

Spoken like a true 1234 guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Because "greatest player ever" is an individual achievement. As that he won 6 Championships during his career. Also the marketing machine put behind his image is still running after he retired. That means that his "public relevance" and mythos is exponentially multiplied.  Winning 11 when you don't have the personal stats to be "the greatest ever" belies a deference to his teammates, hence sacrificing personal stats for wins.
    Posted by fiorelladad

Oh, so his 6 rings greater than Russell's 11 is becuase of marketing?

Besides, Russell's legacy is not his stats, but his winning (11 rings). If those 11 rings made him inferior to the one with 6 rings, that tells you how much people value those 11 rings as compared to 6 in the big-time era.

And you think Jordan's greatness isn't about winning? You have more to learn about basketball than you realize...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

oldFirm, the antagonists you mentioned - would you bother w/ this board if not for them?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Funny I find them to be the most unattractive in sports history.  Never have I hated a team more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : ' If you don't like Lakers fans on this board, you can make this forum private that requires presence of Celtics season tickets as well as background check. As for a public forum, this is what you get. You get people tooting the same horn as you but you also get people who tell you the cruel truth. Show me a rule that this forum is opened only to Celtic fanatics. I don't speak for other Laker fans but I sense we have the same objective. Going to the Laker board? why bother? The Laker fans there don't need our help to straighten things out. It's the fans like Headless Lamar (aka BirdisCoward) and p34 HERE that need to be educated. Look at Headless' illogic: if Bynum is not injured there would be no Gasol. I can't believe that he told the same illogic again and again as if telling it frequent enough would make it true. Was Bynum's injury career ending? If not, then why can't Bynum recover on time to play alongside Gasol in the playoffs?
    Posted by OldFirm

To educate Celtic fans? Really?

You trolls are just lucky that the mods on this board are lenient.

What's illogic is you choosing when to start counting the championships of the Lakers and Celtics.

The difference between you and me is I'm not trying to educate Laker fans. Expecting Laker fans to bleed green is just stupid. You, on the other hand, try to convert Celtic fans into Laker fans. As if it will happen. It's either you're delusional or a moron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : JOHN HOLLINGER? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

Using your tactic, I'll take his words over yours anytime...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If I had thought this thread would be infected with Laker fans I would never have started it.  My only point was the schedule for them was starting so easy. Their pathetic presence on this board is a minor annoyance but begs the question over and over what is wrong with these losers. Go on a Laker BB somewhere where Kobe is not a pampered racist but a hero and Paul Gasol was brought to you in an incredibly intricate deal where Laker personnel just outsmarted all other suitors. And where Ron Artest is not mentally ill but a really good guy.  We can live with you here but what is wrong with all of you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/07/10-greatest-nba-champions-7-2008-boston-celtics/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I live in LA now.  I have spoken with many lakers fans, and called in the local ESPN radio station.  ALL agree on one thing.  In 2008, the lakers realized they couldn't win with Kwame Brown at center, so they HAD to make a trade.  Pau Gasol fell in their laps, who would say no? They also agree that IF Bynum never got hurt, the lakers would not have felt compelled to trade for Gasol.  It's not logic, it's fact.  Even the trolls on here know that.......except for one - the one who thinks he knows more about basketball than all of us.  I'm a ref, but I don't know the rules, according to him.  I did more research than he did on this Gasol trade topic, yet my "logic" is somehow flawed, and I need an education.  If you poll 100 people and 99 agree...................yep, he's the ONE!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I heard that, too.  Didn't they trade a retired player for Gasol?  Don't know, but I know it was well after Bynum got hurt!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Check the list of the NBA's Top 50.....more than half come from the '50's thru the early '70's.....oh, and there are many black athletes on the list....I assume you weren't around to watch those games......?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

um.....Hollinger happens to be a Laker fan.....I can point you to any number of articles that support the Celtics....but 9-3 and 17-16 should do the trick....and you are talking about the modern NBA?  ......do you really think that sports from the 50's through the '70's were the "old" days?  ....how old are you?  ....baseball.....Mantle, Mays, Snider, Koufax. Spahn......football......Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, Deacon Jones.....today's athletes might be bigger and stronger....but it doesn't equate to quality....I'll take Babe Ruth over Mark McGuire.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think the Lakers have their sights on 72 wins. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/06/30/free.agency/index.html

That article talks about free-agency.

You see where it says George Mikan led the Minny Lakers to back to back titles?

And the last article talks about the 1995-96 Bulls.

Trying to pull a fast one, OldFarty?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : If you think educating you is disrepect, I can't help it. Afterall, you should worry about improving your self esteem than anything else... And you call this "get beat up or stabbed"? I mean, when you folks getting shut up on aruments (like why the abritrary 60W,  about "the golden age of the NBA" or Headless' "no injury to Bynum no Gasol" or "Lew Alcindor's only loss in college is to Elvin Hayes") is beating me up, please do it more. I can't wait for more such "stabbing". Simple, did your relative know about your constant whining on the game 7 free-throws?
    Posted by OldFirm

OldFart, you're the one with low self-esteem. I'm a Celtic fan who doesn't need to go to Laker forums to talk trash. I don't need to educate any NBA fan. You really think you can convince Celtic fans to agree with Laker trolls? If you think you can then you're crazy.

After the Lakers won Game 7 I congratulated the Laker fans on this board and moved on. I'm not one of those who kept whining about the FT discrepancy of Game 7. Get your facts straight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

OldFart, you say you want to educate Celtic fans. That's not educating, that's disrespecting. If you disrespect someone here, on our neighborhood, you either get beat up or stabbed.

If you think educating you is disrepect, I can't help it. Afterall, you should worry about improving your self esteem than anything else...

And you call this "get beat up or stabbed"? I mean, when you folks getting shut up on aruments (like why the abritrary 60W,  about "the golden age of the NBA" or Headless' "no injury to Bynum no Gasol" or "Lew Alcindor's only loss in college is to Elvin Hayes") is beating me up, please do it more. I can't wait for more such "stabbing".

My relatives from California are Laker fans. It's all good because we respect each other. We don't try to "educate" one another.
    Posted by P34

Simple, did your relative know about your constant whining on the game 7 free-throws?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um, when do the Lakers go on the road??? Geesh!! How many home games cna they have to kick start their season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

disappointed by the blazers last night, i finally got around to looking over the lakers schedule. good grief! where are the losses gonna come from? where are the rough patches? how much of a stretch is it to consider they may be undefeated come freaking january? hopefully this post will serve to jinx.

go Cs!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Ummmm.... that's interesting. Care to which part of 10-4 since 1980 (the Big time Era) is not the truth? Oh, you don't like the phrase "big time era"? Try "Modern era": http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/09/10-greatest-nba-champions-1-95-96-bulls/ "With this season’s NBA Finals behind us, I decided to take a look back and rank the greatest NBA Championship teams in the modern era(post 1980) ." http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6923976 " Modern Era Stars The Bird-Johnson rivalry catapulted the NBA into American living rooms on a regular basis" Or how about the "golden era": http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/06/30/free.agency/index.html much like Jordan, Bird and Magic did during the Golden Era , Care to cite where I said the NBA "started in 1980"?
    Posted by OldFirm

Using an article about the free-agents of 2010 to justify your claim of the Lakers being the greatest team? Moron!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

That has to be one of the worst lists of championship teams that I've ever seen. But I guess those people are paid to write such articles.

I agree with number one and a few of the other teams, but in order for me.

95/96 Bulls
    86/87 Lakers
    64/65 Celtics
    66/67 Sixers
    71/72 Lakers
    96/67 Bulls (great encore performance after 95/96)
    85/86 Celtics
    82/83 Sixers
    70/71 Bucks
    91/92 Bulls

Just off my list are are the 88/89 Pistons.

From what I've read and what I've seen basketball has been weakened by expansion and rule changes which have on one hand diluted the league and changed the game invariably into every decade.

I think that it's actually easier now to compete than in was during the 80's or in earlier decades. I'd like to see the Miami Heat play against the 1989 Pistons under the rules from 1989.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

As you can see, OldFarty, there is no mention of the 2008-09-2009-10 Lakers. While the 2008 Celtics are at #7. 

HAHAHA!!!

POSTING JUST FOR THE SAKE OF POSTING, OLDFARTY?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The NBA in the 60's were an 8-team league peppered with mostly slow white guys.  That's just a fact.
    Posted by victorlee1234

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The main theme in the NBA is about winning the Championship, not about winning the championship only against a particular team. Don't you know that? So you want to count Houston? sure Houston 81, Houston 86 vs 76ers 80, 76ers 82, Pistons 88, Pacers 00, 76ers 01, Nets 02, Magic 09 7-2? So what about them? See, maybe you don't know about that, but the league has more than 2 teams. And there are many years that the Celtics don't make the finals. Those years count too, Oui? Why bother? the Lakers' edge in the big-time era (10-4) is already good enough to make them the best franchise in league history. Go ahead, ask me for the link when John Hollinger name them the #1 franchise. Go ahead and ask. You have the 22 year drought and that make you tied for the #3 franchise in the big-time era, 6 titles behind the Lakers. Don't you know?
    Posted by OldFirm

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Check the list of the NBA's Top 50.....more than half come from the '50's thru the early '70's.....oh, and there are many black athletes on the list....I assume you weren't around to watch those games......?
    Posted by Duke4

Definitely he was not around during those times. I can't imagine someone old enough to witness the 1970s to come up with a name like victor1234. 

1234, really?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerjunkie. Show lakerjunkie's posts

A Celtics fan posted that Buss is overpaying cuz Lakers didn't win 60 games? Thats just a narrow minded statement. I guess winning 60 games > winning championships :|

Sections
Shortcuts