What's with the Lakers schedule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Excuses again?  If 60 wins really doesn't matter why make excuses like Kobe missed 9 games and Bynum missed 17 games?  And Bynum will always miss games. Didn't you know that he's the next Sam Bowie?
    Posted by P34

Don't forget about Gasol's 17 missed games. When you go back to back with championship runs, and you fail to win 60 games, nobody cares. The Lakers went into 43 contests missing a key player, and they still won. Not very many teams in the NBA can have that many things go wrong, and still come out the other side like the Lakers did.

The Lakers won their division, their conference, and the championship. You really think that winning 57 games vs  60 really matters at that point to anyone who isn't trying to be petty? 

Cleveland won 65, and that got them where? The only thing that matters is rings. I bet every person in the Celtics organization would echo those same sentiments.

That is what Kobe, and the best front court in basketball is after, and that is what they achieved. No one in Lakers land is crying woe is me, they didn't win 60 regular season games. 

The next Sam Bowie was a factor that sent the Celtics chasing a pair of over the hill front court players to try and keep up. Keep praying for injuries, it might be your only chance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : And your point is? Am I supposed to be crushed with that silly factoid? Oh the tragedy of the irrelevant......
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

In the first place I was not talking to you. I'm not trying to crush you, all I'm saying is the Lakers, even with Kobe and the best frontcourt in the NBA, can't win 60 games. I didn't say that they can't be champs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : "Sticking it" to other fans is not allowed on the LA Times lakers forum.  I was told flat out that I could criticize the team, but not any posters, or my stuff would not be published.  I was also told that IF I did criticize the team, the "regulars" could say whatever they wanted to me, and there was nothing they were going to do about it.  "You are a guest here, and you must act accordingly."  That was Brian K from the Times that wrote that to me in an email.  So, come down off your high horse........actually don't.....go ride your high horse off into the sunset!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

This little post of yours motivated me to see what was what with your behavior, and I have just found you to be a little off on your assessment of your own behavior in enemy waters when you troll. Your decorum on the Lakers board was no better, and perhaps worse than many here. You said whatever you wanted, and were as condescending and sarcastic as you wanted to be toward the fans and the team. The big difference, there weren't Lakers fans constantly whining and crying to moderators to have you banned. They all put up with your "trolling" and were much more tolerant of your comments than you have ever been in return here. Heck you were actively talking smack to the fans there, and then had the audacity to claim you hated arguing with Lakers fans. Now that right there is funny. Strange place to be, for a man that hates arguing with Lakers fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : If you want to count championships start from the beginning.  If not then how many championships did the Lakers win from 2003-08? 
    Posted by P34

Why from the beginning? Quick, who won the most NFL championships from the beginning? don't look now. Everyone knows that the Steelers won 6 SBs, Cowboys and 49ers 5. Why do you think people don't remember the 1930s NFL championships?

Of course you want to count the dark ages because that would give you an edge, but since the NBA got to big-time after the Bird/Magic era, you totally lost the edge.

10-4.

How many championships did the Celtics won from 2009-10? or from 1987-2002? You want to play random years? you are on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Even Dr. Buss put 16 diamonds on the latest Laker championship rings. Did you know that Dr. Buss designed that ring himself?  The PA announcer also said that the Lakers are raising the banner for their 16th championship. Facts are facts, deal with it! Such is life! 
    Posted by P34

You said a few months the Lakers had only won 11. Wow, they won another 5 in the off season? Incredible!!

BTW, the Laker banner ceremony was great. The intros of the team by it's own members was classy. Well done Lakers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

As a die hard celtic fan I have to admit the Lakers have adjusted far better to the 'new' NBA than the celts have.

22 years in the doldrums tells me that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hondo excellent point imagine three gimmes every year, extra home games against one of the worst teams in NBA history. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Boston Fans.. where loyalty is a weapon!  The funny thing about my bretheren in this region, they no nothing beyond their own teams, except maybe a one or two obvious rival teams.  Ask them something truely basketball related about the Sacramento Kings or Charlotte Bobcats and you'll get a bunch of snide or cut down remarks as a way of deflecting their total ignorance to the actual subject.  

In essence, Boston fans are pretty much laundry lovers, like a gang banger.  Wearing green and being front runners.  Pride has its rules!     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : There's no doubt the Lakers won the championship last season. I'm not disputing that. What your fellow Laker troll is talking about is the regular season. I think we should stick to the topic.  The Lakers have an easy schedule last year and yet they can't win 60 games. 
    Posted by P34

And your point is? Am I supposed to be crushed with that silly factoid? Oh the tragedy of the irrelevant......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I didn't say that.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

What The F! You said 60 wins is irrelevant. Flip-flopping are we?

So let's have it then, how many wins will the Lakers get this year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I'm no hero, just a Celtic fan.  Come on, give us your prediction on how many games the Lakers will win this season.  I hate to say this but it's great that a Laker fan admits to the Lakers not being a 60-win team. 
    Posted by P34

I didn't say that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

So let's win 60 games, and have the lakers win 59, since it doesn't matter to them.  Then, after disposing of the Heat, we will go to the Finals with HCA.  As "fans" of the lakers, is that what you really want?
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Home court is always preferable, but not getting sixty wins on the way to a championship is still nothing but irrelevant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Come on! Scared to make a prediction? I say Lakers 52-53 while the Celtics get 56-57.
    Posted by P34

I think both teams will get just over 50 wins each. Probably no more than 56 for each team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Coward? No. Watching you twist this exercise into something that makes you think you are a man with guts is too funny for me to relent. On the other hand, I wish you would use those so called guts of yours to deal with Perkin's basketball injury like a grown up. You think you can bait me with childish taunts, think again.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

You say 60 wins is irrelevant, then you say the Lakers will not win 60 games. You're full of crap!

Give us a number! 

Is this a case of I don't want to be wrong in front of all the Celtic fans?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : What The F! You said 60 wins is irrelevant. Flip-flopping are we? So let's have it then, how many wins will the Lakers get this year?
    Posted by P34

I will try and go slower for you. I don't know if the Lakers will get sixty wins or not. I really don't care as long as they get the championship. I said the Lakers will win more regular season games than the Celtics. That is my prediction. Above sixty wins, below sixty wins, no matter. They will have a better regular season win total than team social security. Is this clear enough for you? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I totally agree with you! I also hope that the Lakers will not win 60 games this year.  How many wins do you think the Lakers will get this year, 52?
    Posted by P34

More than the Celtics.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You're a freakin' coward! Put up or shut up! Come on, how many Laker wins this season? What's the worst that can happen if you get it wrong? The Lakers will not win a championship if you get it wrong?
    Posted by P34

Coward? No. Watching you twist this exercise into something that makes you think you are a man with guts is too funny for me to relent. On the other hand, I wish you would use those so called guts of yours to deal with Perkin's basketball injury like a grown up. You think you can bait me with childish taunts, think again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? :   Oh my goodness, what courage you have, you are a real hero.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

I'm no hero, just a Celtic fan. 

Come on, give us your prediction on how many games the Lakers will win this season. 

I hate to say this but it's great that a Laker fan admits to the Lakers not being a 60-win team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : What is all this nonsense?  The Boston Celtics have a record 17 Championships: FACT The Minneapolis Lakers have 5 Championships: FACT The LA Lakers have 11 Championships: FACT The Celtics have won all their rings in Boston: FACT The Lakers have split their rings between Minneapolis and LA: FACT You keep those Championships because you relocated and kept the name Lakers, that's all. Imagine if Seattle's 1979 Championship suddenly belong to OKC because they decided to keep the name Sonics. Is it not the same situation?  Also if the LA Lakers had won any Championships in the 50's and 60's you would obviously claim them as they would be rightfully yours. As it stands the LA Lakers didn't win a Championship until 1972. FACT What this means is that during the 50's and 60's the Boston Celtics beat the entire league including the Minneapolis Lakers since 1957 to 1960 when the LA Lakers were born. Then the LA Lakers proceeded to lose every Finals appearance they played against Boston until 1972 where they beat the Knicks. So, face to face in the Finals: Boston 9, Lakers 3: FACT If you keep denying the importance of the "dark ages" then you deny the importance of "your" Championships and your franchise. And believe I'm not talking about no 60 wins nonsense. I'm talking about rings, as it should be. I'm sorry to say the NBA did not start when you wish it would, it actually began by the Celtics setting it's foundation by beating the Lakers everytime...wherever it is they claim to be from.
    Posted by fiorelladad

When I buy a car I buy all the mileage on the clock that's it's done before. FACT.
    When I buy a house I buy all the history that goes with it. FACT.
    If I could buy a sports team, I buy the history that goes with that team. FACT.

Celtics=17
    Lakers=16

FACT!

Next.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Come on! Scared to make a prediction? I say Lakers 52-53 while the Celtics get 56-57.
    Posted by P34

You are in for a rude awakening, again.

Poor little guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I will try and go slower for you. I don't know if the Lakers will get sixty wins or not. I really don't care as long as they get the championship. I said the Lakers will win more regular season games than the Celtics. That is my prediction. Above sixty wins, below sixty wins, no matter. They will have a better regular season win total than team social security. Is this clear enough for you? 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

You're a freakin' coward! Put up or shut up!

Come on, how many Laker wins this season?

What's the worst that can happen if you get it wrong? The Lakers will not win a championship if you get it wrong?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You are in for a rude awakening, again. Poor little guy.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

Hey, at least I have the guts to put on record my prediction.

You poor little man, afraid you'll get it wrong?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : More than the Celtics.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

Come on! Scared to make a prediction?

I say Lakers 52-53 while the Celtics get 56-57.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Hey, at least I have the guts to put on record my prediction. You poor little man, afraid you'll get it wrong?
    Posted by P34

Oh my goodness, what courage you have, you are a real hero.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    A opener with the Rockets and then a nice leisurely three day rest and second game with Suns who just played the night before?  Then a hard earned weekend rest before a Sunday game with the dreaded Warriors who just lost Curry.  Hopefully the schedulers stick it to our least favorite down the road.
    Posted by concord27

The League deliberately cooked up a cupcake schedule so the Lakers can get a heads up on the rest of the NBA.  Is this what you want to hear?

Sections
Shortcuts