What's with the Lakers schedule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : no they don't. for example the lakers play the awful clippers more than the Celtics do. the Celtics have already had 1 back to back and will have several more before the lakers have even 1. so it's not about how many home and away games there are since every team has the same amount. he's talking about having 3 days off after the lakers first game while the Celtics have a back to back. or having the schedule front loaded with more home than away. or giving more days off between games than other teams get. or the lakers playing the d  league level clippers and the kings for their back to back while the Celtics open with the heat then the next night play a tough cleveland team on the road. see the point yet?
    Posted by 003323344

IS this guy kidding???  I have read this blog since the end of last year but NEVER commented because it was all in good fun with the trash talking back and forth between two great teams.  But this has got to be the most ridiculous statement i have seen yet.  C'mon the schedule is separating two conferences that how it's been ever since god knows when.  Ofcourse the lakers gonna play more game against the clippers or the grizzlies or the kings than the Cs do.  But c'mon what about Cs play more game with the nets, or  sixers or toronto or cleveland (since they are pretty irrelevant now w/o ... ) than the lakers do.  C'mon man if you put the clippers against any of those teams i just mention... i would take the clippers over all of them.  Seriously!  and i think most of you would be too...  am i right or wrong? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : True of ALL who post here.  It will not change, either. Curious to know why you continue to post here, if we have so many problems, and you are so unhappy.  And don't say it's for laughs, or to read the next stupid comment.........I think deep down you must be very unhappy with some part of your life to continue to post on a website where you are neither respected nor welcome.  Many of us have acknowledged that the lakers were the better team the past two years and deserved to win........don't know what else you want, this is a Celtics forum, and we should be allowed to root for our team, flawed as it is, without interruption on every single post from lakers fans.  Get this - we ALL know how good the lakers are, they are the team to beat again this year and will probably make the Finals again.  That doesn't mean we have to like it, or stop rooting for our own team. I can't continue to respond to you or the glass cow because you are merely antagonists.  Do you know how annoying it is to read your response to every single person who disagrees with you?  Of course we disagree with you, we like the Celtics, and you like the lakers.  It is not a match made in Heaven, by any means.  Both have great history and great teams now.  We were the best for the first 30 years in the league, you have been the best since.  We think we are the superior franchise, you think the same thing.  There is no middle ground, no compromise.  I feel that only a truly sad or friendless person would take on so many posters so violently.  You are like the late Ted Kennedy attempting to speak at the GOP National Convention.  You may get a point in here or there, but no one will really listen or change their mind because of what you say...........I wish you and your team the best of luck, and thank you for the link to the games on computer, but I cannot waste any more of my time defending my team to someone as unhappy and close- minded as you....................best of luck to you!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

When you go on Lakers forums to challenge the faithful, is it because you are unhappy too? Close-minded, ha, what a joke of a person you are. 

Would you like some of your reference material posted as a reminder, so that you can see how much of a flaming hypocrite you are? I can even post Brian Kamenentski's reply that you distorted into an untruth on this forum. 

Your stuff is all over the place, and it is A okay. But when the shoe goes on the other foot, turnabout is not fair play? You wreak with hypocrisy, from head to toe. The fact that you would take the trouble to write all that nonsense, knowing full well what a huge offender you are of everything you just spoke in condemnation of. Un-flipping believable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

The fakers from LA..DO have 2 VERY LONG ROAD TRIPS in the mid. and END of season...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Dont they play 82 games with the same home and away as every other team? Go figure. Posted by RUMcHale

no they don't. for example the lakers play the awful clippers more than the Celtics do. the Celtics have already had 1 back to back and will have several more before the lakers have even 1. so it's not about how many home and away games there are since every team has the same amount. he's talking about having 3 days off after the lakers first game while the Celtics have a back to back. or having the schedule front loaded with more home than away. or giving more days off between games than other teams get. or the lakers playing the d  league level clippers and the kings for their back to back while the Celtics open with the heat then the next night play a tough cleveland team on the road. see the point yet?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Because they're overrated, and they're a bunch of losers, Championships notwithstanding.  Is that what you want to hear? Furthermore, I think only teams with 60 wins should play in the playoffs.  This cuts out all the clutter of 50 and 40 win teams because they're terrible anyway.  Therefore, because they were the only 60-win team last year the Cavs should have been crowned the Champs.  There, I solved your issues.
    Posted by victorlee1234

Even your fellow Laker troll thinks the Lakers will win 62 games this season.

How many wins do you think the Lakers are going to get this season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Laker fans say the Lakers have the best player in the NBA and they have the best frontcourt in the NBA. Now tell me, does that mean that the Lakers are only good for 50 wins every season?
    Posted by P34

Now you reduce 60 to 50? Is this your "arbitrary number of the day"?

Tell you what. The best player in the NBA and the best frontcourt in the NBA are good for 16 particular wins 2 years in a row. We'll take that any time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : If Dr. Buss, the owner of the Lakers, said the Lakers have 16 championships. I think I'll take his word over yours.
    Posted by P34

I don't think I need the help of any Dr, Dr. Buss, Dr. J, Dr. Ruth or Dr. Phil, to know that

the set of {1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010 } counts to 10

and

{1981, 1984, 1986, 2008} counts to 4

I can't wait to see how you can deny this fact.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You're here to agitate the Celtic fans, is that it?
    Posted by P34

No, just having a little fun talking a little basketball with the rival fans. I have seen much of your action here, and much of what you say is intended to agitate other Celtics fans. Is that why you are here?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : When you go on Lakers forums to challenge the faithful, is it because you are unhappy too? What a joke.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

You're here to agitate the Celtic fans, is that it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

THE LAKERS ARE THE BEST FRANCHISE BECAUSE JOHN HOLLINGER SAID SO? Is John Hollinger the Laker Troll god, OldFart? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

Well, using your tactic, I'll take John Hollinger's take over yours anytime of the day...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The mere fact that you're not adhering to the truth makes you a joke.

The NBA started in 1980? 

HAHAHA!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

THE LAKERS ARE THE BEST FRANCHISE BECAUSE JOHN HOLLINGER SAID SO?

Is John Hollinger the Laker Troll god, OldFart?

HAHAHA!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The Lakers play a back to back today and tomorrow, so that is just not true. The bottom half of the Eastern conference is the armpit of the NBA, so the Celtics are going to get their fair share of cream puff games too. So many built in excuses, everything is subject to whining and crying by the faithful here. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

The odd thing is that the Celtics are prone to losing games to the bottom part of the Eastern Conference. What I noticed last year was that mentally they were not there when playing against the lower teams. I think they lost to New Jersey last season didn't they?

Had no trouble getting up for the big games though. That's why the win against Miami wasn't a surprise, but their loss to Cleveland wasn't.

I think their big test is coming soon. One more game against Miami and TWO against the Thunder. Those Thunder games have me the most intrigued. Will be interesting to see how they play out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? :  The Celtics obviously lost to other teams but as the conversation was about the specific Lakers-Celtics franchises I didn't feel the need to deviate as other people do. I mean I could have mentioned your losses to Houston as an example where you didn't reach the Finals and we did but I decided to stick to the main theme.

The main theme in the NBA is about winning the Championship, not about winning the championship only against a particular team. Don't you know that?

So you want to count Houston? sure

Houston 81, Houston 86

vs

76ers 80, 76ers 82, Pistons 88, Pacers 00, 76ers 01, Nets 02, Magic 09

7-2? So what about them?

See, maybe you don't know about that, but the league has more than 2 teams. And there are many years that the Celtics don't make the finals. Those years count too, Oui?

And if the NBA started in the "big-time" era and the Lakers dominated that era, why is it that you still can't surpass Boston in Championships.

Why bother? the Lakers' edge in the big-time era (10-4) is already good enough to make them the best franchise in league history. Go ahead, ask me for the link when John Hollinger name them the #1 franchise. Go ahead and ask.

I mean we did have a 22 year drought and you still couldn't do it.

You have the 22 year drought and that make you tied for the #3 franchise in the big-time era, 6 titles behind the Lakers. Don't you know?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : No, just having a little fun talking a little basketball with the rival fans. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it

Little fun talking basketball? Are you sure you're going to stick with that story?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

The mere fact that you're not adhering to the truth makes you a joke. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions The NBA started in 1980?  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

Ummmm.... that's interesting. Care to which part of 10-4 since 1980 (the Big time Era) is not the truth?

Oh, you don't like the phrase "big time era"? Try "Modern era":

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/09/10-greatest-nba-champions-1-95-96-bulls/

"With this season’s NBA Finals behind us, I decided to take a look back and rank the greatest NBA Championship teams in the modern era(post 1980)."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6923976

"Modern Era Stars The Bird-Johnson rivalry catapulted the NBA into American living rooms on a regular basis"

Or how about the "golden era":

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/06/30/free.agency/index.html

much like Jordan, Bird and Magic did during the Golden Era,

Care to cite where I said the NBA "started in 1980"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : So man up and tell us your prediction on how many games the Lakers will win this season.
    Posted by P34

Enough to make the playoffs......!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : SO IT'S CALLED A BUSH LEAGUE BECAUSE MOST OF THE PLAYERS ARE WHITE? RACIST ARE WE, OLDFART? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

The NBA in the 60's were an 8-team league peppered with mostly slow white guys.  That's just a fact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

Lakers should win 60 this year.  They won 57 last year.

But who cares, we should win 61 and get HCA!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Spoken like a true 1234 guy.
    Posted by P34

I was gonna go with 5678 but I figure guys like yourself couldn't count that high.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions Am I the one who wrote that wiki? Are you saying I'm THE wikipedia? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

What about that Wiki?  Where did that Wiki contradict the Lakers' 10 titles and the Celtics' 4 since the 80s?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

oldFirm, the antagonists you mentioned - would you bother w/ this board if not for them?
    Posted by BaileyPowe

Ask me again if pigs can fly...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : I was gonna go with 5678 but I figure guys like yourself couldn't count that high.
    Posted by victorlee1234

How many points did the Celtics win by against the Heat?

"Celtics by 8 or maybe more" and "Celtics will humble the Heat".  Geez, is it possible to sprinkle a little objectivity and common sense on these predictions?

Re: Predictions vs the The Heat

posted at 10/15/2010 1:04 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=b656ede965456377cbab8a5893736774&plckUserId=b656ede965456377cbab8a5893736774">
    First: 7/11/2010
    Last: 11/5/2010
    "Celtics by 8 or maybe more" and "Celtics will humble the Heat".  Geez, is it possible to sprinkle a little objectivity and common sense on these predictions?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The main theme in the NBA is about winning the Championship, not about winning the championship only against a particular team. Don't you know that? So you want to count Houston? sure Houston 81, Houston 86 vs 76ers 80, 76ers 82, Pistons 88, Pacers 00, 76ers 01, Nets 02, Magic 09 7-2? So what about them? See, maybe you don't know about that, but the league has more than 2 teams. And there are many years that the Celtics don't make the finals. Those years count too, Oui? Why bother? the Lakers' edge in the big-time era (10-4) is already good enough to make them the best franchise in league history. Go ahead, ask me for the link when John Hollinger name them the #1 franchise. Go ahead and ask. You have the 22 year drought and that make you tied for the #3 franchise in the big-time era, 6 titles behind the Lakers. Don't you know?
    Posted by OldFirm

JOHN HOLLINGER?

HAHAHA!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Well, using your tactic, I'll take John Hollinger's take over yours anytime of the day...
    Posted by OldFirm

Am I the one who wrote that wiki? Are you saying I'm THE wikipedia?

HAHAHA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts