What's with the Lakers schedule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?

In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Funny, just saw this list on the baseball pages: Yankees - 24 Cardinals - 10 A's  - 9 Red Sox - 7 Dodgers - 6 Giants - 6 Hate to burst your bubble, but the A's only won 4 in Oakland, and the Giants just won their first one in SF. How did they get 6? FACT are FACT, but many people use FACTs to lie too, but misleading or making false implications with FACTs. Example: "the Celtics are losers in the playoffs". You dare dispute that? did they win the last playoff game they played? And the significance of this? you mean the Celtics losing to the Nets, Magic, Pistons, 76ers, etc. when the Lakers won the title didn't count? I see it. Boston only played the Lakers in the post-season. The seasons they lost to all these eastern teams early are wiped out. 10-4 in the big-time era; FACT. The icing on the cake of seeing the Lakers win the championship: the Celtics keep their 9-3 H2H record and you folks keep bragging it. You know what that means...
    Posted by OldFirm[/QUOTE]

I googled it, I couldn't find the Big-Time Era of the NBA. 

Guess you're an inventor, you should patent your invention, "Big-Time Era".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Because they're overrated, and they're a bunch of losers, Championships notwithstanding.  Is that what you want to hear? Furthermore, I think only teams with 60 wins should play in the playoffs.  This cuts out all the clutter of 50 and 40 win teams because they're terrible anyway.  Therefore, because they were the only 60-win team last year the Cavs should have been crowned the Champs.  There, I solved your issues.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Even your fellow Laker troll thinks the Lakers will win 62 games this season.

How many wins do you think the Lakers are going to get this season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : And you dare not respond to the necessary nor sufficient logic? Can't blame you for that, since you have no basis on the 60 wins. BTW, I see no reason why the big 3 can't win 51 either. So why didn't they? Don't give me lame answer of "that's why they play game 7 at Staples". That's the consequence,  not the reason.

So man up and tell us your prediction on how many games the Lakers will win this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You rely on Google? Tell me, when you google the "greatest player ever", who show up? and why was he since he only had 6 rings as compared to Russell's 11?

Why are you changing the subject? You said the "Big-Time Era" so I googled it and couldn't find it. 

So Michael Jordan is considered the greatest player of all-time, duh! He's not even a Laker.

You're spinning and twisting the issue. Typical troll response.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : And you said 60 wins is irrelevant... such a hypocrite... 
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

Ok, I think we need to slow things down for you. Sixty wins IS irrelevant. I am still holding firmly to that contention. 

BUT

You asked me how many wins I think the Lakers will get this season. I told you I think they will get 62. 

NOW

How is any of that hypocritical? Do you know what the word hypocritical means? Do you not think it is possible to think a team has a realistic chance at winning 60 games, while at the same realizing that in the scope of things winning sixty games means nothing more than winning 58 games as long as you get the ring? This isn't Phi Beta Kappa thinking we are taking about here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Laker fans say the Lakers have the best player in the NBA and they have the best frontcourt in the NBA. Now tell me, does that mean that the Lakers are only good for 50 wins every season?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Now you reduce 60 to 50? Is this your "arbitrary number of the day"?

Tell you what. The best player in the NBA and the best frontcourt in the NBA are good for 16 particular wins 2 years in a row. We'll take that any time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : If Dr. Buss, the owner of the Lakers, said the Lakers have 16 championships. I think I'll take his word over yours.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I don't think I need the help of any Dr, Dr. Buss, Dr. J, Dr. Ruth or Dr. Phil, to know that

the set of {1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010 } counts to 10

and

{1981, 1984, 1986, 2008} counts to 4

I can't wait to see how you can deny this fact.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : You're here to agitate the Celtic fans, is that it?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

No, just having a little fun talking a little basketball with the rival fans. I have seen much of your action here, and much of what you say is intended to agitate other Celtics fans. Is that why you are here?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : When you go on Lakers forums to challenge the faithful, is it because you are unhappy too? What a joke.
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

You're here to agitate the Celtic fans, is that it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]THE LAKERS ARE THE BEST FRANCHISE BECAUSE JOHN HOLLINGER SAID SO? Is John Hollinger the Laker Troll god, OldFart? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Well, using your tactic, I'll take John Hollinger's take over yours anytime of the day...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The mere fact that you're not adhering to the truth makes you a joke.

The NBA started in 1980? 

HAHAHA!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

THE LAKERS ARE THE BEST FRANCHISE BECAUSE JOHN HOLLINGER SAID SO?

Is John Hollinger the Laker Troll god, OldFart?

HAHAHA!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The Lakers play a back to back today and tomorrow, so that is just not true. The bottom half of the Eastern conference is the armpit of the NBA, so the Celtics are going to get their fair share of cream puff games too. So many built in excuses, everything is subject to whining and crying by the faithful here. 

The odd thing is that the Celtics are prone to losing games to the bottom part of the Eastern Conference. What I noticed last year was that mentally they were not there when playing against the lower teams. I think they lost to New Jersey last season didn't they?

Had no trouble getting up for the big games though. That's why the win against Miami wasn't a surprise, but their loss to Cleveland wasn't.

I think their big test is coming soon. One more game against Miami and TWO against the Thunder. Those Thunder games have me the most intrigued. Will be interesting to see how they play out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? :  The Celtics obviously lost to other teams but as the conversation was about the specific Lakers-Celtics franchises I didn't feel the need to deviate as other people do. I mean I could have mentioned your losses to Houston as an example where you didn't reach the Finals and we did but I decided to stick to the main theme. [/QUOTE]
    The main theme in the NBA is about winning the Championship, not about winning the championship only against a particular team. Don't you know that?

So you want to count Houston? sure

Houston 81, Houston 86

vs

76ers 80, 76ers 82, Pistons 88, Pacers 00, 76ers 01, Nets 02, Magic 09

7-2? So what about them?

See, maybe you don't know about that, but the league has more than 2 teams. And there are many years that the Celtics don't make the finals. Those years count too, Oui?

[QUOTE]
    And if the NBA started in the "big-time" era and the Lakers dominated that era, why is it that you still can't surpass Boston in Championships. [/QUOTE]
    Why bother? the Lakers' edge in the big-time era (10-4) is already good enough to make them the best franchise in league history. Go ahead, ask me for the link when John Hollinger name them the #1 franchise. Go ahead and ask.

[QUOTE]
    I mean we did have a 22 year drought and you still couldn't do it. [/QUOTE]
    You have the 22 year drought and that make you tied for the #3 franchise in the big-time era, 6 titles behind the Lakers. Don't you know?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : No, just having a little fun talking a little basketball with the rival fans. 

Little fun talking basketball? Are you sure you're going to stick with that story?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]The mere fact that you're not adhering to the truth makes you a joke. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions The NBA started in 1980?  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Ummmm.... that's interesting. Care to which part of 10-4 since 1980 (the Big time Era) is not the truth?

Oh, you don't like the phrase "big time era"? Try "Modern era":

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/09/10-greatest-nba-champions-1-95-96-bulls/

"With this season’s NBA Finals behind us, I decided to take a look back and rank the greatest NBA Championship teams in the modern era(post 1980)."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6923976

"Modern Era Stars The Bird-Johnson rivalry catapulted the NBA into American living rooms on a regular basis"

Or how about the "golden era":

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/06/30/free.agency/index.html

much like Jordan, Bird and Magic did during the Golden Era,

Care to cite where I said the NBA "started in 1980"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : So man up and tell us your prediction on how many games the Lakers will win this season.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Enough to make the playoffs......!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : SO IT'S CALLED A BUSH LEAGUE BECAUSE MOST OF THE PLAYERS ARE WHITE? RACIST ARE WE, OLDFART? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

The NBA in the 60's were an 8-team league peppered with mostly slow white guys.  That's just a fact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from larrykevinchief. Show larrykevinchief's posts

Lakers should win 60 this year.  They won 57 last year.

But who cares, we should win 61 and get HCA!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If I had thought this thread would be infected with Laker fans I would never have started it.  My only point was the schedule for them was starting so easy. Their pathetic presence on this board is a minor annoyance but begs the question over and over what is wrong with these losers. Go on a Laker BB somewhere where Kobe is not a pampered racist but a hero and Paul Gasol was brought to you in an incredibly intricate deal where Laker personnel just outsmarted all other suitors. And where Ron Artest is not mentally ill but a really good guy.  We can live with you here but what is wrong with all of you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : The NBA in the 60's were an 8-team league peppered with mostly slow white guys.  That's just a fact.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true 1234 guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : JOHN HOLLINGER? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Using your tactic, I'll take his words over yours anytime...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldFirm. Show OldFirm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : Because "greatest player ever" is an individual achievement. As that he won 6 Championships during his career. Also the marketing machine put behind his image is still running after he retired. That means that his "public relevance" and mythos is exponentially multiplied.  Winning 11 when you don't have the personal stats to be "the greatest ever" belies a deference to his teammates, hence sacrificing personal stats for wins.
    Posted by fiorelladad[/QUOTE]

Oh, so his 6 rings greater than Russell's 11 is becuase of marketing?

Besides, Russell's legacy is not his stats, but his winning (11 rings). If those 11 rings made him inferior to the one with 6 rings, that tells you how much people value those 11 rings as compared to 6 in the big-time era.

And you think Jordan's greatness isn't about winning? You have more to learn about basketball than you realize...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's with the Lakers schedule? : ' If you don't like Lakers fans on this board, you can make this forum private that requires presence of Celtics season tickets as well as background check. As for a public forum, this is what you get. You get people tooting the same horn as you but you also get people who tell you the cruel truth. Show me a rule that this forum is opened only to Celtic fanatics. I don't speak for other Laker fans but I sense we have the same objective. Going to the Laker board? why bother? The Laker fans there don't need our help to straighten things out. It's the fans like Headless Lamar (aka BirdisCoward) and p34 HERE that need to be educated. Look at Headless' illogic: if Bynum is not injured there would be no Gasol. I can't believe that he told the same illogic again and again as if telling it frequent enough would make it true. Was Bynum's injury career ending? If not, then why can't Bynum recover on time to play alongside Gasol in the playoffs?

To educate Celtic fans? Really?

You trolls are just lucky that the mods on this board are lenient.

What's illogic is you choosing when to start counting the championships of the Lakers and Celtics.

The difference between you and me is I'm not trying to educate Laker fans. Expecting Laker fans to bleed green is just stupid. You, on the other hand, try to convert Celtic fans into Laker fans. As if it will happen. It's either you're delusional or a moron.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

oldFirm, the antagonists you mentioned - would you bother w/ this board if not for them?

Sections
Shortcuts