"CHANNING FRYE IN GREEN"...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

"CHANNING FRYE IN GREEN"...

Gortat kicked the snot out of Jermaine O'Neal , still the Suns ownership might try to shed salary and Channing Fry's 4 yr contract @ $6M per...

Fry would be a great 3-point threat and is better than any big man on the Celtics roster , I'm tired of this bs about centers being obsolete. The Celtics need a skilled big man and I think Channing Fry could be had for Jermaine O'Neal...only because Fry has 3 or 4 years left and Jermaine is expiring...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: "CHANNING FRYE IN GREEN"...

Frye is a small piece,  I find it hard to believe that the Suns would want JON.  Frye would help and is cheap.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: "CHANNING FRYE IN GREEN"...:
    [QUOTE]Frye is a small piece,  I find it hard to believe that the Suns would want JON.  Frye would help and is cheap.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Frye is a "small frye"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "CHANNING FRYE IN GREEN"... : Frye is a "small frye"?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I don't quite understand the idea of trying to add mediocre talent to virtually ensure the Cs get bounced in the first round further delaying the rebuilding process.  Play as currently constructed, lose as often as possible and start thinking about Andre Drummond...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "CHANNING FRYE IN GREEN"... : I don't quite understand the idea of trying to add mediocre talent to virtually ensure the Cs get bounced in the first round further delaying the rebuilding process.  Play as currently constructed, lose as often as possible and start thinking about Andre Drummond...
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Well at this point I can't totally disagree about losing, but I look at it different.  I want the young guys to play and see what they can do. Heck we are losing anyway and will not contend with our team.  Never can tell when a player may step up and actually be a player.  I also want the young guys to learn to win, not learn to lose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "CHANNING FRYE IN GREEN"... : Well at this point I can't totally disagree about losing, but I look at it different.  I want the young guys to play and see what they can do. Heck we are losing anyway and will not contend with our team.  Never can tell when a player may step up and actually be a player.  I also want the young guys to learn to win, not learn to lose.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I want the young guys to play as well, that ensures that they lose more often.  The thread is more about adding more talent - I am against that as I tried to state in my prior post.

You never can tell when a player steps up and becomes a player?  22 of the 24 last year's all-stars were lottery picks - ummm I think you can tell when a player is going to step up and become a player...  you can also tell when he is not going to step up and become a player... only in Boston can it be viewed as a positive that the two draft picks played 4 years in college - they played 4 years in college because they are not good enough to be legit players in the NBA otherwise they would have been in the NBA sooner.  I say play JJJ and Moore and Bass and the Steamer 35 minutes per night.....  but they will certainly not learn how to win that way, they will definitely learn to lose though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

The Celtics need rebounders, not a PF that can only shoot 3's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Frye is another soft outside jump shooting tall guy. Last thing we need. We need a rebounding big man with an inside game (yes, very difficult to obtain - always has been). Replace O'Neal with a rebounder or a draft pick. Otherwise, let him just fade off into the sunset and use the cap room next year. Do NOT trade for mediocre players who eat up future cap space!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We are talking about swapping for JON, don't get carried away.  Frye as a small piece can be effective in spots.  

On second thought I was wrong though, picking up his six million dollar contract for three or four years would be a mistake. He is not worth six million per for more than one year.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts