"Grill punching" must end

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

Re: "Grill punching" must end

In Response to "Grill punching" must end:
    Does anyone besides me find the recent barrage of  "x punching y in the Grill" extremely annoying?     It isn't cute, it isn't descriptive..    What is it supposed to mean?   An actual punch in the grill would be pretty stupid,,,   being that grills are generally a lot stronger than fists.    There are scores of descriptive, evocative ways to describe an atheletic victory...     x dominates y, x sneaks by y, x rolls over y, x pounds y, x steals the game from y.     They can actually say something about the nature of the game....            Is it just me?       
    Posted by videoburns

By 'grill' they mean mouth. And yes, it's childish. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: "Grill punching" must end:
    Most Celtic fans are grilly men.
    Posted by Lakerstroll

Really, what kind of grills do we use??  Do they come from Sears??

I like swordfish on the grill, how about the rest of you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

For the record...   as the thead has swerved to and fro...   My original post was NOT about trolls, or diversity of opinion, or board moderator policy...    It was about a simple and, I hoped, amusing annoyance with what I felt, and still feel, is a boorish reliance on a tired, unimaginative and inappropriate metaphor.   It was intended as a playful, though not childish as Puddin Head accuses,  diversion from the tedious and omnipresent rants of the Rondo haters that seem to infect nearly every thread here.       Does anyone besides me find the recent barrage of  "x punching y in the Grill" extremely annoying?     It isn't cute, it isn't descriptive..    What is it supposed to mean?   An actual punch in the grill would be pretty stupid,,,   being that grills are generally a lot stronger than fists.    There are scores of descriptive, evocative ways to describe an atheletic victory...     x dominates y, x sneaks by y, x rolls over y, x pounds y, x steals the game from y.     They can actually say something about the nature of the game....            Is it just me?    
    Posted by videoburns

You were just trying to inspire the grill punchers to diversify their descriptions.  I didn't find that to be particularly stifling. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: "Grill punching" must end : You finally make some sense in a post. Good job snakeoil. You are learning a lot by conversating with me. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Your a class act snoop! Pity the rest of the celtic posters here aren't more like you instead of something out of troll story.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: "Grill punching" must end : Your a class act snoop! Pity the rest of the celtic posters here aren't more like you instead of something out of troll story.
    Posted by Elven 32

You know a real class act?  3-21!!    WOW!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to Re: "Grill punching" must end :  You were just trying to inspire the grill punchers to diversify there descriptions.  I didn't find that to be particularly stifling. 
    Posted by passfirst

LOL   victory!   no Grill punching threads in 2 days!      of course some troll will now post a grill ppunch thread just to ruin my accomplishment...   and that will make me so sad I just wou't be able to cope.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

By the way...lakers damn near got punched in the grill by new Orleans...thanx to the refs they didn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

In response to "Re: "Grill punching" must end":
    In Response to Re: "Grill punching" must end : Your a class act snoop! Pity the rest of the celtic posters here aren't more like you instead of something out of troll story. Posted by Elven 32
    Hey guys it just came to me...snoopsnizzle and eleven32 are the same!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In response to "Re: "Grill punching" must end": Hey guys it just came to me...snoopsnizzle and eleven32 are the same!!!!!!
    Posted by cfaninla

silly goose!

I am a die hard, bleeding green Celtic fan. Elven is clearly a Laker fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to "Re: "Grill punching" must end": Hey guys it just came to me...snoopsnizzle and eleven32 are the same!!!!!!
    Posted by cfaninla

No - Elven is Tayshawn and Snoop is Rico!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: "Grill punching" must end : No - Elven is Tayshawn and Snoop is Rico!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Awww rats!!  I wanted to be Tayshawn. Man this out of control if you are attempting to say that other posters have dual identities. That is craziness, and unless you have more than 1 email address, I think it is impossible, and who really has more than 1 email address? That would be very cumbersome and confusing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: "Grill punching" must end : Awww rats!!  I wanted to be Tayshawn. Man this out of control if you are attempting to say that other posters have dual identities. That is craziness, and unless you have more than 1 email address, I think it is impossible, and who really has more than 1 email address? That would be very cumbersome and confusing.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Not a denial - and I'll tell you what else - you're also not 70, not a Celtics fan, a liar and kobespersonalball washer!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: "Grill punching" must end : Not a denial - and I'll tell you what else - you're also not 70, not a Celtics fan, a liar and kobespersonalball washer!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Why should I deny something that is totally absurd. You are right on 1 aspect - I am not 70, I am 79. Thanks for playing junior!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Nope - not by a long shot!
    Color me skeptical

Sections
Shortcuts