"Health" could eventually be Celtics Achilles Heal.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

"Health" could eventually be Celtics Achilles Heal.

I still think the Celtics are the best team IF they are 100% healthy. I think if 100% healthy they'd win the title regardless. That is a big IF though. Early in the season Shaq looked great. He surprised me to tell you the truth. He looked terrific but he hasn't been able to stay on the floor. What is the most games he's played in a row without having to sit? Eight maybe? In the play-offs you're playing hard basketball every two days for 21-22 games {if you make it all the way.} Do you think Shaq is gonna be there game after game in the very demanding play-offs? I don't. People say "in the play-offs you get a rest day in between every game unlike the season. True, but during the season you'll have stretches where you play 2 games in 7 days also so that goes both ways...........Nate always seems to play well against the Lakers. I thought the Celtics missed him last night. Daniels is hurt. I think Perkins is far from 100%. I think the Celtics need all of their top 7 or 8 guys to win. I think if they have all of those guys that they are a very good "shot" to win it all. I'm not sure that isn't gonna be kind of a tall order though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: "Health" could eventually be Celtics Achilles Heal.

... rocket scientist.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to "Health" could eventually be Celtics Achilles Heal.:

[QUOTE]             I still think the Celtics are the best team IF they are 100% healthy. I think if 100% healthy they'd win the title regardless. That is a big IF though. Early in the season Shaq looked great. He surprised me to tell you the truth. He looked terrific but he hasn't been able to stay on the floor. What is the most games he's played in a row without having to sit? Eight maybe? In the play-offs you're playing hard basketball every two days for 21-22 games {if you make it all the way.} Do you think Shaq is gonna be there game after game in the very demanding play-offs? I don't. People say "in the play-offs you get a rest day in between every game unlike the season. True, but during the season you'll have stretches where you play 2 games in 7 days also so that goes both ways...........Nate always seems to play well against the Lakers. I thought the Celtics missed him last night. Daniels is hurt. I think Perkins is far from 100%. I think the Celtics need all of their top 7 or 8 guys to win. I think if they have all of those guys that they are a very good "shot" to win it all. I'm not sure that isn't gonna be kind of a tall order though.

Posted by walton[/QUOTE]

-

To quote the great Greek philosopher Aristotle, "Duh, Ya think?"

Actually you are right, as this has been true since Danny put this team together for the title run.

It's a roll of the dice, but I think we will be healthy enough to make a good run and get to the finals.

Still, it keeps us on the edge of our chairs each and every game hoping against hope that no big injury occurs to one of our key players.

So far it's not been going our way.  These little niggling injuries to our backups have been eating away at the team and keeping Doc from implementing the minutes-management he had in mind at the beginning of the season.

Fingers crossed going forward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

"could"?  How bout "is"!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Walton: I hear ya loud and clear. Health is a major issue. However, I think we have a shot even if everybody is not healthy!? We need to get some guys back, however. If I understand correctly Delonte should return to form near 100% by playoffs, that could help quite a bit. Also, we have five big men, Garnett, Shaq, Perk, JO, and Semih. If three of those guys are healthy (90% - 95% or better) in the playoffs, we will have a good chance. There are many things that could go against us but many possibilities as well. I actually like Semih, when he's healthy. With a little more experience, he could be good. I would like to know the prognosis on him and how that impacts this season. Anyway, he is a long term plus. I know it is improtant to have home court. But I hope Doc thinks long and hard about the tradeoff, wins versus a healthy team. Moreover, we need to take a long hard look at what's out there. Are there any legitamate Posey-or-PJ Brown-types that may be available to support the run. Also, this may be easier said than done, but if someone could light a fire under Shaq to lose 15- 20#s, he would probably be able to sustain through the playoff run.
    Dean O'Celt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

If every team was healthy and playing their A game, I give it to LA.  The problem with LA is that they're complacent.  2 rings back to back and they don't think they need to try as hard.  I'd put Boston and Miami as 2nd and 3rd, but not in that order.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Thanks, Walton.  This is something new for us to analyze.  Guess we'll start a few new threads talking about this new information.  Do you have a link that gives us more information on this possibility?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: "Health" could eventually be Celtics Achilles Heal.:
    [QUOTE]Walton: I hear ya loud and clear. Health is a major issue. However, I think we have a shot even if everybody is not healthy!? We need to get some guys back, however. If I understand correctly Delonte should return to form near 100% by playoffs, that could help quite a bit. Also, we have five big men, Garnett, Shaq, Perk, JO, and Semih. If three of those guys are healthy (90% - 95% or better) in the playoffs, we will have a good chance. There are many things that could go against us but many possibilities as well. I actually like Semih, when he's healthy. With a little more experience, he could be good. I would like to know the prognosis on him and how that impacts this season. Anyway, he is a long term plus. I know it is improtant to have home court. But I hope Doc thinks long and hard about the tradeoff, wins versus a healthy team. Moreover, we need to take a long hard look at what's out there. Are there any legitamate Posey-or-PJ Brown-types that may be available to support the run. Also, this may be easier said than done, but if someone could light a fire under Shaq to lose 15- 20#s, he would probably be able to sustain through the playoff run. Dean O'Celt
    Posted by deanocelt[/QUOTE]
    Good points.  I still believe that the Celtics need anothr small forward and another big because of health issues to this team.  Just not sure who would have to be traded for this to happen.  Many have suggested trade ideas that could help this team.  Just not sure if any of these proposed trades will happen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: "Health" could eventually be Celtics Achilles Heal.:Don't be too harsh. The kid is allright.
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Walton.  This is something new for us to analyze.  Guess we'll start a few new threads talking about this new information.  Do you have a link that gives us more information on this possibility?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts