"Let me be clear".....Danny, son it is time to "take a knee", as there is no need to.......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: "Let me be clear".....Danny, son it is time to "take a knee", as there is no need to.......

In Response to "Let me be clear".....Danny, son it is time to "take a knee", as there is no need to.......:
    Even try and go to the playoffs !!!! The draft is where we want to be !!!  What say you, all you former stars ????????
    Posted by Bill-806

Agree..... anything else is little more than pi$$in' in the wind.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: "Let me be clear".....Danny, son it is time to "take a knee", as there is no need to.......

Do you think we can win the East ?  HA!  I am a Celtic fan since the Cousy/Sharman days and despite this I feel it is best to not make the playoffs and frustrate loyal fans anymore.  Puleezzze…I don’t wish to hear we’re all 0-0 and anyone with momentum can get a streak going & win the title.  Is the fairy going to wave the magic wand & rectify the real reason we are losing…we get out rebounded the majority of the time.  I don’t profess to be Sherlock Holmes here as this has been discussed ad infinitum on multiple threads.  Had we gotten Gasol for Rondo, we might have gotten by the 1st round.  Even with Kaman we too might have been a factor at least in the East playoffs but I still don’t think we would have contended.

I honestly believe our BIG 3, old as they are, are as good as any other 3 on another team in the shooting category from 15 ft out. I mean Allen is the 3pt leader and Pierce won the 3pt contest a couple of years ago and KG is deadly from 10-15 ft out. The problem is that they are pressured to make the shot, shoot at least 50% as we can’t rebound. Other teams can beat us, I.e. Lakers shot 32% and we shot 40% in game 7 but with the advantage in rebounds, they had extra shots.(Forget the egregious difference in fouls 41-18 or we might have overcome the rebound difference even). The reasons the Lakers are better than us this year is that other than Kobe, their perimeter shooters are mediocre but Bynum & Gasol either put the rebound in or toss it out and, although not PP, Ray or KG, their shooters with extra shots…you know "even a blind chipmunk can find an acorn occasionally”.  I know this is possibly fairy tale stuff but I believe, with Rondo or not next year, that if we had D. Howard and still the BIG 3 and Bass, Pietrus, Wilcox, A. Bradley, Stiemsma and another 7 footer, we will be contenders. I think even if we only get Kaman & can draft a young aggressive banger 7 footer, we’ll be tough as won’t it be nice to give our BIG 3 an extra shot or two ???

Ok, I live in SF so maybe I’m “California Dreaming” !!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

The reason the Lakers beat Boston? Lakers have heart, they have bigs that can board, they have the second best player on the planet (after PP), and most of all they have desire. Winning a single title is not the Laker way and until Boston can learn from that, one and out is their lot!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

You are a bunch of cowards in denial with twisted objectives. You ALWAYS play to win. What type of culture are you building if not trying to win 100% of the time. Win the Championship, nothing less, like the Pats mentality. The reason you are all backtracking is because Danny failed MISERABLY to improve this team this year to make a reasonable run in the playoffs, so now its OK because we improve our draft position? News flash - there is no gaurantee that any first round pick will madke a difference next year or ever! Especially picking after number 8. This team needed to begin the rebuilding process via trade. Only bad fans justify poor management decisions.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

As Danny knows, we are not a lucky team.  We lost out on the Tim Duncan lottery, on the Oden/Durant lottery; we lost Bias and Lewis; Green and Wilcox have heart problems, Marquis a bum spine; all our bigs get bad feet, ankles, or shoulders.  Tanking games is not the answer.  Good drafting, player development, and smart trading is the only answer.
    Enjoy the games we do play well!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Pragmatic or not, try telling KG to take a knee

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Bill why don't you go tell KG, Pierce and Ray to lie down and wuit and see what response you get. That is the single most stupid thread I have ever responded to. Yes going forward there needs to be changes, but no you don't lie down and roll over. You always play to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

In Response to Re: "Let me be clear".....Danny, son it is time to "take a knee", as there is no need to.......:
    Bill why don't you go tell KG, Pierce and Ray to lie down and wuit and see what response you get. That is the single most stupid thread I have ever responded to. Yes going forward there needs to be changes, but no you don't lie down and roll over. You always play to win.
    Posted by DFURY13

None of them seemed to have any problem with doing exactly that against the Kings a few days ago. Let's be real here.

Some players are wired differently. But for the most part, winning is about a million times more important to fans than it is to most players. The C's are clearly waiting for vacation time where they can go travel, spend their millions and forget all about this season. It's just a job to them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The C's are clearly waiting for vacation time where they can go travel, spend their millions and forget all about this season. It's just a job to them."

That's a pretty rough and unfair statement. These guys have played hard for the most part this year. They are old and get tired on the road and back to backs. Guys like KG don't live for vacation, that's your fantasy. They live to play ball and that's why they hang on too long. Jermaine O"Neal fits your descrip above but not the rest of the team. 

"Danny failed MISERABLY to improve this team this year to make a reasonable run in the playoffs"

Completely wrong! I'm a huge Ainge critic but you're so far off on this. First of all, it's rare to improve a team in the same year in a trade unless you have excess talent on the bench somewhere you can leverage. Anyone Ainge traded (Allen, Pierce, Rondo) would not have brought back something better in return for this year, it would have been young players, draft picks, etc. 

Ainge's monster failure was trading Perkins and not re-signing him and thinking Shaq and JON could together carry us forward. That move still hurts us. But he had nothing he could have done at the deadline to improve this year's team. As for improving next years', well, we'd have to know the details of the trades to know for sure there....

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: "Let me be clear".....Danny, son it is time to "take a knee", as there is no need to.......:
    " The C's are clearly waiting for vacation time where they can go travel, spend their millions and forget all about this season. It's just a job to them." That's a pretty rough and unfair statement. These guys have played hard for the most part this year. They are old and get tired on the road and back to backs. Guys like KG don't live for vacation, that's your fantasy. They live to play ball and that's why they hang on too long. Jermaine O"Neal fits your descrip above but not the rest of the team.  " Danny failed MISERABLY to improve this team this year to make a reasonable run in the playoffs" Completely wrong! I'm a huge Ainge critic but you're so far off on this. First of all, it's rare to improve a team in the same year in a trade unless you have excess talent on the bench somewhere you can leverage. Anyone Ainge traded (Allen, Pierce, Rondo) would not have brought back something better in return for this year, it would have been young players, draft picks, etc.  Ainge's monster failure was trading Perkins and not re-signing him and thinking Shaq and JON could together carry us forward. That move still hurts us. But he had nothing he could have done at the deadline to improve this year's team. As for improving next years', well, we'd have to know the details of the trades to know for sure there....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Monster failure? Give me a break... he was going to test the market and Ainge knew that... OKC way overpaid for him and great that Ainge let someone else make that MONSTER MISTAKE!

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts