"There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

"There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON

"There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe.  Expecting a monster series from him"

-  MAGIC JOHNSON

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: "There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON

In Response to "There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON:
    [QUOTE]"There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe.  Expecting a monster series from him" -  MAGIC JOHNSON
    Posted by 1986[/QUOTE]
    True that. The same could be said of Bynum, Gasol and Odom if they use them as they should.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

After Nowitzki's free throws gave Dallas its first lead of the second half, Bryant fell down under defensive pressure from Jason Kidd while trying to get the ball from Gasol with 5 seconds to play. After one free throw by Kidd, Bryant missed a catch-and-shoot 3-pointer off the back rim just before the buzzer.

96-94 Dallas Mavericks win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

so what.. they can guard the rest of the laker stiffs. one on 12 doesnt work as last nite proved!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

There is no on in the league that can guard him, really..but if he keeps putting up 29 shots and keeps having ZERO assists, it won't matter!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: "There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON:
    [QUOTE]After Nowitzki's free throws gave Dallas its first lead of the second half, Bryant fell down under defensive pressure from Jason Kidd while trying to get the ball from Gasol with 5 seconds to play. After one free throw by Kidd, Bryant missed a catch-and-shoot 3-pointer off the back rim just before the buzzer. 96-94 Dallas Mavericks win.
    Posted by 1986[/QUOTE]

Yeah, funny he torched Stevenson, but it was Kidd who stopped him!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I honoestly thought the same thing

After watching the highlight of Kobe "falling down," it was the one instant that I thought Kobe deserved a foul for body contact, even if even thinking so gives me kickback.  Jason Kidd was put on Kobe becase Kobe's ankle is hurt and because Kidd is a big name who can get away with stuff that no-namers in the NBA can't. 

Even so, Kobe missed a LOT of open shots.  They have nobody who can guard Kobe if he plays like he can AND IS HEALTHY

@QDaddy - I told you there would be far-reaching consequences of going 6 games against the Hornets.  Jason Kidd should have no place guarding a healthy Kobe Bryant

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Where is the Q today?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

nice to see the loser Laker troll contingent taking a day or two off from this forum while they worry about their own problems.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]nice to see the loser Laker troll contingent taking a day or two off from this forum while they worry about their own problems.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Wait, what's wrong with the Progressive insurance lady?  YOU GET TO NAME YOUR OWN PRICE!!!!!!  AND SEE RATE QUOTES FROM COMPETING INSURANCE COMPANIES GIVEN TO CUSTOMERS SIMILAR TO YOU!!!!!  W*T*H, MAN?!

Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON : Wait, what's wrong with the Progressive insurance lady?  YOU GET TO NAME YOUR OWN PRICE!!!!!!  AND SEE RATE QUOTES FROM COMPETING INSURANCE COMPANIES GIVEN TO CUSTOMERS SIMILAR TO YOU!!!!!  W*T*H, MAN?!
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It doesn't matter how many Kobe scores he is taking so many shots he is killing his teammates initiative to score themselves.

Rico thank you for always calling them like you see them.   Your love of the C's never gets in the way of your telling the cold objective truth. Keep it up man.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

I hated Magic back then and I hate him today. The guy is such a jerk and a loser and Kobe is his biological dirt bag son.

I hope the Fakers fail in 6 games!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]It doesn't matter how many Kobe scores he is taking so many shots he is killing his teammates initiative to score themselves. Rico thank you for always calling them like you see them.   Your love of the C's never gets in the way of your telling the cold objective truth. Keep it up man.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You ARE kidding, right?  Celtic Rico is about as much a Celtics fan as I am a lakers fan............remember kobeismrnba??  "just sayin"  gives it away every time!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Yes I am kidding and Rico knows it Hedley.   He one of the more creative trolls.  

One thing though Hedley I find Rico less troubling than Pud and Dudder who seem filled with far more anger and venom than this sometimes amusing troll.  And Pud and Dudder seem to root for no team in particular.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Nobody can guard kobe for two five minute stretches but that's all he has in him now.  make him use those spurts up before the last 5min and you can beat the lakers now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I am kidding and Rico knows it Hedley.   He one of the more creative trolls.   One thing though Hedley I find Rico less troubling than Pud and Dudder who seem filled with far more anger and venom than this sometimes amusing troll.  And Pud and Dudder seem to root for no team in particular.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agree about Dud....I really think Pud is a Celtics fan, he just hates Rondo!  Don't know why, either.......if they play on my team, I like them......2 notable exceptions were Kevin Gamble and Mike Greenwell - I couldn't stand them!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

magic is my favorite laker ( i hate saying that, because i hate the lakers) but he is the best all time laker and deserves respect for all he brought to the lakers-celts rivalry in the eighties. to boot, unlike KB, he is all class. having said that, kobe is not what he used to be, so all this nonsense about him being dominant and the best 'closer' is laughable. for the last two years, the lakers have been very beatable when he tries to take over. that will tell you all you need to know about the best closer in the game. but magic is doing what he is supposed to do, be the PR rep for the fakers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]He's been shooting all his career and it has worked for 5 rings and 7 finals appearances, and now on their Dynasty. Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Sorry Reeko, but you're sounding like a lake show sun bather to me; and ANYONE who ends their thread with "just saying" needs to grow a pair & go strong to the hole-- just saying..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]There is no on in the league that can guard him, really..but if he keeps putting up 29 shots and keeps having ZERO assists, it won't matter!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Hedley...Nailed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

but they lose.....ha ha ha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

It's only game one. And I believe that Dallas will fold like they always do. We didn't play to our best and lost because of this. Although sometimes we play like that and win. Just luck in the end.

I said it about Boston but there's so much room for improvement. We do have to win game two though. That's become essential. Although Dallas have a history of being 2 nil up in series and then losing them.

I think Magic is right with what he said. Let's see how it plays out over the series. Magic also had good things to say about Rondo before last years finals.

Magic is a good guy and shouldn't be lumped into the same bracket as Bryant. He revolutionised our team and the NBA along with Larry Bird and Jordan. Bryant will in no way be remembered as the man that Magic is today. Not just for basketball but for what Magic has done on a community level.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Magic Johnson is saying now to disband the LAKERS team after the sweep by the Dallas Mavericks. 

Sections
Shortcuts