"There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: "There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON

For someone as good as magic was, his analysis is almost always wrong. He's just a hypeman, nothing more than a fun personality. Whether he is just disconnected from modern NBA ball, or more athletic than intelligent, I have never heard him make a thoughtful or poignant analysis of a ball game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Yes Kobe is not the same player that he once was when he could destroy teams all by his lonesome. He did it to the Spurs, he did it to Dallas countless times. But like all human beings, father time has caught up with him. And like many super stars before and after him, Kobe still thinks he can do it. But the facts are that he can't.

And being the stubborn, hard-headed, ego-driven player that he is, it will be interesting to see how Laker management deals with him in the future. 

This playoff run is fun to watch, minus the embarrassment from L.A. today. I never make predictions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

The sweep is shocking and it happened to the defending champion.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: "There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON:
    [QUOTE]I hated Magic back then and I hate him today. The guy is such a jerk and a loser and Kobe is his biological dirt bag son. I hope the Fakers fail in 6 games!
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

A loser??? 3 MVP'S, 5 titles, a few playoff MVP's and as a rookie he single handedly beat the Sixers in game 6 without Kareem. He played every position and scored 42 points. Lakers won big. Yeah a real loser. Plus he handled the HIV thing with class. And on the Magic-Bird on HBO he said Bird called him before a lot of his so called "friends" He never forgot it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

It didn't matter that the Mavs couldn't guard Kobe. They couldn't guard Jason Terry, LOL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON : A loser??? 3 MVP'S, 5 titles, a few playoff MVP's and as a rookie he single handedly beat the Sixers in game 6 without Kareem. He played every position and scored 42 points. Lakers won big. Yeah a real loser. Plus he handled the HIV thing with class. And on the Magic-Bird on HBO he said Bird called him before a lot of his so called "friends" He never forgot it.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Jay, that's just a Celtics emotional post. 

Magic Johnson gave a high respect for the Boston Celtics and he has his most high respect for LARRY BIRD.  And I never forget that one baby hook in game 4 in 1987 that haunts me till now.   Let go  of Celtics responses who hates the Lakers. That's reality man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "There's no one on Dallas can guard Kobe." - MAGIC JOHNSON : Jay, that's just a Celtics emotional post.  Magic Johnson gave a high respect for the Boston Celtics and he has his most high respect for LARRY BIRD.  And I never forget that one baby hook in game 4 in 1987 that haunts me till now.   Let go  of Celtics responses who hates the Lakers. That's reality man.
    Posted by 1986[/QUOTE]

The junior,junior sky hook was one of my worst sports memories.(And we lost the ball out of bounds and had it after Kareem missed the free throw) It came 5 1/2 monthe after game 6 that we were just getting over. I still think that Laker team would have beaten us in 7 at the forum. That was a great team. I'm just telling it like it is about Magic one of the greatest players of all time. That guys comment was stupid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

no one cares now about the Lakers...they are just like a f a r t in the wind!  And they stink like one too! 

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Yes Kobe is not the same player that he once was when he could destroy teams all by his lonesome. He did it to the Spurs, he did it to Dallas countless times. But like all human beings, father time has caught up with him. And like many super stars before and after him, Kobe still thinks he can do it. But the facts are that he can't. And being the stubborn, hard-headed, ego-driven player that he is, it will be interesting to see how Laker management deals with him in the future.  This playoff run is fun to watch, minus the embarrassment from L.A. today. I never make predictions.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

The Lakers will have to do what San Antonio did or what the Celtics have done:  SA took the major step of not having Duncan be the man this year and he became a role player.  Parker and Ginobli and their shooters became more important while Duncan played less minutes and he became primarily a rebounder/defender.   The Lakers are going to have to have Kobe NOT be the main man all the time and build an offense around others more often (maybe Bynum or Odom's post ups).

The Celts have older players, as well, and the offense is NOT built around Paul anymore.   Paul is only one part of the system and is now surrounded by Ray and Rondo and KG and the offense is balanced (and they've become a team that relies more on their defense).

Lakers can still use Kobe the great closer in spots, but he just can't be relied upon to carry the team when its struggling.  Instead, they'll need a new strategy and use kobe more as a role player or a "savior" in spots, only.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Magic is like Charles:  whatever they say will happen bet for the opposite.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]I hated Magic back then and I hate him today. The guy is such a jerk and a loser and Kobe is his biological dirt bag son. I hope the Fakers fail in 6 games!
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

well I guess that Majerk watching his former team take it squarely in the face 4 straight made alot of us celtic fans smile.........oh, and magic, how'd it work out for ya when you said the celtics would be down 0-3 the other night. when you hear the doorbell ring it will be the delivery truck bringing you a truckload of crowpie to eat...........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

[QUOTE]For someone as good as magic was, his analysis is almost always wrong. He's just a hypeman, nothing more than a fun personality. Whether he is just disconnected from modern NBA ball, or more athletic than intelligent, I have never heard him make a thoughtful or poignant analysis of a ball game.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

This is certainly true.  I was so happy to hear him predict Miami would be up 3 zip after Saturday night's game because I have never seen him correct when they ask him to pick a winner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The sweep is shocking and it happened to the defending champion.
    Posted by 1986[/QUOTE]

I was also very surprised that the Lakers were swept.  I really thought they would game 4 and go back to LA and win game 5 also.  I never thought this would happen to the Lakers. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Obviously a meltdown.. I say this cause I never seen so many wide open 3's like the Mavs got yesterday..

Reminded me of 2008 and Ray drilling them in Game 6 and JVG was saying how mad he was getting watching nobody stay with Ray. LOL  Very similar games in that both teams had shots wide open after the Lakers realized the party was over..

Hard to understand throwing in the towel like that.

Sections
Shortcuts