ESPN reporting new salary cap at $63.2M

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

ESPN reporting new salary cap at $63.2M

The Celtics appear to have $48.75M committed.  That's $14.45M cap room.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: ESPN reporting new salary cap at $63.2M

That means Pierce can come back as a bench player next season?

Backing up Green and Bradley.

The Suns P.J. Tucker is the new Ron Artest. I'd love to get him playing for us. He is a free agent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

The Suns P.J. Tucker is the new Ron Artest. I'd love to get him playing for us. He is a free agent.

I could see none of those 4 being here next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Use the cap money to sign Gordon Hayward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

The $48M is without Avery , Babb, Johnson, or Humpy and the two new rookies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Yes. The Celtics are not committed to the them.  All four could be assets and some combination of them could return.  Boston will be able to exceed the cap if they wish.  I expect they will.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

I would use the space to take another expiring contract and some more draft picks. Someone like Stat from the knicks and maybe have them throw in Shumpert and a pick. If we get Hayward we will just end up as a middle of the road team. The knicks pick could be in the lottery next year if Carmello leaves for another team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

P.J. Tucker is the only guy who can shut down Lebron, Carmelo, Durant and James Harden. The dude is AMAZING!

Against Harden:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jFDoBZ8POA

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

PJ Tucker and Lebron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iGwgQwmN-Q

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

PJ Tucker is one of those championship building blocks. Can you imagine if Jeff Green played THIS hard?

Against Westbrook and Durant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjk001qqKyU"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

Unless we are a contending team next year, what good is it to have a solid role player like tucker? We need to develop young talent and look to the future. That is unless da plans to build around rondo and trade the youth

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

PJ Tucker gives Blake a taste of his own medicine.

Griffin dropped him 1st!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNxa237BMIo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

He's not all defense either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UFWyKkoMEY

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Yes. The Celtics are not committed to the them.  All four could be assets and some combination of them could return.  Boston will be able to exceed the cap if they wish.  I expect they will.

Yes and if I'm not mistaken, the $10MM TPE counts against the cap so that almost guarantees being over the cap unless Danny lets it expire which is doubtful.

Salary cap rules in the NBA are such a mess for fans.  Danny should have a MLE .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to igotgyroballs' comment:

Unless we are a contending team next year, what good is it to have a solid role player like tucker? We need to develop young talent and look to the future. That is unless da plans to build around rondo and trade the youth

Right.  Hold off on the role players for now.  This summer should be about trading Rondo and clearing cap space - hopefully Jeff Green.  Wallace is an impossibility to move so I won't even mention that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I thought we were at $55M WITH Bogans Non-guaranteed $5M , Johnson and Babb's non-guaranteed deals?

good news on the cap being higher, but it is higher for ALL teams.

IF Ainge wants to improve next year, I can see Hayward in a sign and trade with Utah. Green , one of our 10 first round picks and maybe Bogans deal for Hayward.

Then he'll need a real NBA center....I have gut feeling that we may Sign Hawes as an UFA if the price is right ($5-7M Range).

add teh #5 pick to this roster and some minor moves (bass for a 3 point shooter) and we're back in the playoffs and still young with draft picks  and assets we can move to get in the title play              in the future.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

I thought we were at $55M WITH Bogans Non-guaranteed $5M , Johnson and Babb's non-guaranteed deals?

good news on the cap being higher, but it is higher for ALL teams.

IF Ainge wants to improve next year, I can see Hayward in a sign and trade with Utah. Green , one of our 10 first round picks and maybe Bogans deal for Hayward.

Then he'll need a real NBA center....I have gut feeling that we may Sign Hawes as an UFA if the price is right ($5-7M Range).

add teh #5 pick to this roster and some minor moves (bass for a 3 point shooter) and we're back in the playoffs and still young with draft picks  and assets we can move to get in the title play              in the future.

I thought you said we needed to sign a REAL center...   :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I don't think this team will go over the cap unless and until they are close to really having a chance to win it...if trader DA does his thing and packages picks and players for a bona fide star and can attract a good complimentary free agent, yeah...but never discount a team's owners liking profitiability...they want a winning team but on their terms not the fan's...don't get it all twisted

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Guaranteed Contracts for Next Season

Rajon Rondo: $12.9 million
    Gerald Wallace: $10.1 million
    Jeff Green: $9.2 million
    Brandon Bass: $6.9 million
    Joel Anthony: $3.8 million (player option)
    Vitor Faverani: $2.1 million
    Kelly Olynyk: $2.1 million
    Jared Sullinger: $1.42 million

Total: Eight players, 48.42 million

Analysis: Olynyk, Sullinger, and Faverani are on long-term deals, making them fit easily into the team’s plans. Wallace’s contract is nearly untradeable at this point with one more year remaining. Rondo, Bass and Green will be in contract years.

Non-guaranteed Contracts

Keith Bogans: $5.28 million
    Chris Johnson: $915,243
    Chris Babb: $816,482
    Phil Pressey: $816,482

Analysis: Like much of this year, Bogans will not be in uniform next year. It’s almost a guarantee he will be moved this summer to a team that will waive him. Johnson and Pressey are cheap parts of Boston’s future and are signed through 2017 (with team options every year). Babb will likely be trade bait more than anything else.

Unrestricted Free Agents

Jerryd Bayless, Kris Humphries

Analysis: Both players may be back for the right price. Humphries will command a long-term deal, but will be in-line for a significant pay cut from the 12 million dollars he earned last year. Bayless will probably be targeting 3.5 million again, but that’s no guarantee with his up-and-down numbers

Restricted Free Agent

Avery Bradley

Analysis: One of the toughest calls that Ainge will back this offseason. The team reportedly made a 4-year $24 million dollar extension to the shooting guard last offseason that Bradley turned down. The Celtics will undoubtedly extend a qualifying offer to Bradley, giving them the right to match any offer to him on the open market, but the question is how much is the guard worth? Another injury-plagued season has to make the front office lukewarm on his durability long-term.

Trade Exceptions: 3

Analysis: Boston has three trade exceptions totaling over $12.5 million dollars, the vast majority of which come from the blockbuster deal with the Brooklyn Nets last summer.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/18/robb-celtics-offseason-overview/" rel="nofollow">http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/18/robb-celtics-offseason-overview/" rel="nofollow">http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/18/robb-celtics-offseason-overview/" rel="nofollow">http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/18/robb-celtics-offseason-overview/" rel="nofollow">http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/18/robb-celtics-offseason-overview/

Nice summation.  I would be happy to see Pressey stay, though he could be moved in the right deal if necessary, as a third PG.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I hope Green and Bradley are traded.  Paul is not the answer, bring him back in administration.  I hope the team is reworked with better complimentary parts.  Rondo, Sullinger, KO, and the important parts that make us contenders.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts