Pacers have begun 'quietly' shopping C Roy Hibbert in trade talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

Pacers have begun 'quietly' shopping C Roy Hibbert in trade talks

Will Celtics bite?

ESPN - Pacers have begun 'quietly' shopping C Roy Hibbert in trade talks - Sporting News

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Pacers have begun 'quietly' shopping C Roy Hibbert in trade talks

In response to greenkiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will Celtics bite?

ESPN - Pacers have begun 'quietly' shopping C Roy Hibbert in trade talks - Sporting News

[/QUOTE]

Max money for 10-pts and 6-rebs a game! Not to mention someone who plays poorly for his team in the playoffs!

Sounds like something the Lakers might be interested in doing!! Jimmy make the deal!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to greenkiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will Celtics bite?

[/QUOTE]

Max money for 10-pts and 6-rebs a game! Not to mention someone who plays poorly for his team in the playoffs!

Sounds like something the Lakers might be interested in doing!! Jimmy make the deal!!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, I'm sure Larry will take Nash and Randle..........or a sign and trade for Pau for Hibbert.....lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Don't want anything to do with Roy Hibbert, 2nd coming of Delonte and that other head case Houston drafted who never played because of his anxiety , just say no to Roy Hibbert and Greg Oden too

Jordan Hill should be the #1 realistic target , midlevel for 4 yrs and then we can listen to half the people here complain he's overpaid......but that would be a prudent and reasonable deal actually, what's the hold up Danny ? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Hibbert is shot. He defines fragile. He may be worth trading a 2nd rounder. Max deal?  No fri gin way.  Which means that Danny Ainge will probably trade a few of the Celtics number 1's and give him a max deal. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He already has a max deal.  This is a trade to dump him.

So, for all of those people who didn't like my Hill and Mahimni trade for Rondo....how about Rondo for Hibbert? 

Assuming we get no Love, of course!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hibbert is shot. He defines fragile. He may be worth trading a 2nd rounder. Max deal?  No fri gin way.  Which means that Danny Ainge will probably trade a few of the Celtics number 1's and give him a max deal. 

[/QUOTE]

Pacers have him locked up for big money the next 2-years (30-million)! Any team that trades for Hibbert gets his bloated contract as well!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

So, for all of those people who didn't like my Hill and Mahimni trade for Rondo....how about Rondo for Hibbert? 

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

That's fair.

Never mind the max contract because Hibbert only has 1 year left on his contract after this coming season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to MajorMajor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's fair.

Never mind the max contract because Hibbert only has 1 year left on his contract after this coming season.

[/QUOTE]

Larry would call DA Santa Clause! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

Hibbert is a 2-time All-Star.

He just needs a change of scenery.

The Pacers are not using him correctly.

Roy Hibbert is better than Asik.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Smart  - Bradley - Green - Sully - Hibbert

BU PG (not Pressey) - Young - Wallace - Bass - Oly

MUCH better than last year - wouldn't you all agree??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's fair.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yea def, Rondo makes Indiana a championship team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hibbert is a 2-time All-Star.

He just needs a change of scenery.

The Pacers are not using him correctly.

Roy Hibbert is better than Asik.

[/QUOTE]

Respect your opine - BUT - pass on this one! 

In my opinion, Hibbert is not a key piece on a championship team! At max money, he would need to be a key piece. 

Rondo is worth more than Hibbert! Rondo has had a number GREAT performances in meaningful playoff games! I would hesitate to trade Rondo for Hibbert, even if the Pacers included 2-first round picks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Sport writer's opinion:

I would honestly explore moving Hibbert if I were them. Not that I think he’ll remain as ineffective and inconsistent as he was throughout large stretches from Feb-May, but because I think you can get a rim protecting big man at a much cheaper rate if you’re Indiana. Count me as one of those that actually expected him to take another step forward offensively after all of the success he had during their run in 2012-13, but he actually looked as though he regressed on some nights and simply was never able to put it together outside of a few scoring outbursts on nights he had an advantage and got it going.

Also, while I fully understand Indiana is a team that focuses on team rebounding and have a few guys that each average right around 5-7, I cannot for the life of me understand how a guy that is 7’2 can go months…yes months without reaching double-digit boards. Whether this past season’s struggles were a mental thing or caused by some serious internal issues within the team, his under-performance was also due to a lack of focus and effort in some cases, in my humble opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For a Celtic fan you are funny and I had to laugh when I read your comment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get back under that rock! Hsssssssss!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I mean no disrespect to you but Hibbert is a very slow, unathletic player. He will bring nothing to the Celtics or any team he goes to.  You saw him in the playoffs. Can he run?  No he can't.  Rondo even after a year of injury is a far more valuable player.  Larry Bird would cry tears of joy if he could get Rondo for him, Ainge will never make a trade for Hibbert.  Unless it is for next to nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I mean no disrespect to you but Hibbert is a very slow, unathletic player. He will bring nothing to the Celtics or any team he goes to.  You saw him the playoffs. Can he run?  No he can't.  Rondo even after a year of injury is a far more valuable player.  Larry Bird would cry tears of joy if he could get Rondo for him, Ainge will never make a trade for Hibbert.  Unless it is for next to nothing.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 we actually agree - my post was in response to the Laker troll! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I think he can be really good if surrounded by KLove and Rondo. I don't see them getting love this year and rondo is probably gone before this year is gone by, so no point in taking on a player like hibbert. Most likely scenario is we are tanking again this year, because the ownership wants to play it safe. All the news about Danny boy trying his hardest to get Love is BS; they just want to keep the interest among fan base and make $. I hope I am wrong but I don't believe Danny would do anything close to fireworks this year. So lets just suck it up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would you rather pay a 7'2" rim protecting center 31 million over the next 2 years to provide 11 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks in 28-30 minutes a game, and then maybe extend him for a similar 4/58 million deal he just came off of ages 30-33...

or

Pay your 28 year old assist machine PG who has not improved much at all since he signed his last contract 13 million for one year and then the max 5 years 105 million he wants?

6 years of Rondo through age 34 for 118 million or 6 years of Hibbert through age 33 for 89 milllion? Or just 2 years of him for 31 and more cap flexibility.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo, Wallace and Faverani (25 million)

for

Hibbert, George Hill and Copeland (26 million) and a 2017 1st rd pick

Pacers actually free up a million dollars for when Stephenson comes crawling back to them. Scola, Mahinmi and Faverani can cover the center position and Rondo gets to pass to George, Stephenson and West while being in the thick of a playoff race against teams like Miami and Chicago he historically has played at his highest levels against... while in a contract year.

Hibbert gets away from the team/teammate (George) who boinked his wife and made his second half of the season a living nightmare, while getting to escape the spotlight for a year or two being a building block towards the future winner Danny is creating here. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo and Wallace  for  Hibbert and Hill.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

OMG - Hill was so bad when I proposed him in the deal, you all attacked me....LOL!!!

Good as a role model until Smart takes over, then a nice 3rd combo guard......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

OMG - Hill was so bad when I proposed him in the deal, you all attacked me....LOL!!!

Good as a role model until Smart takes over, then a nice 3rd combo guard......

[/QUOTE]

Hill is a nice 3rd guard who would fit well as the mentor alongside Bradley and Smart.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo and Wallace  for  Hibbert and Hill.  

[/QUOTE]

That would be a very good trade for Boston.  Roy is a very good player and Hill is steady.

Sections
Shortcuts