Pacers have begun 'quietly' shopping C Roy Hibbert in trade talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: Pacers have begun 'quietly' shopping C Roy Hibbert in trade talks

Just Rondo and Faverani for Hibbert.

George Hill still has 24m left until 2017.

Why take back a contract like that when the Celts just gave AB 8m per year?

That's like paying 16m per year for both AB and Hill until 2017.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rondo for Hibbert if we're certain Love is off the table sounds like a good move.  Roy could use a change of scenery like suggested above, if the rumors about his girlfriend shagging his teammate are true a lot of what happened to him makes sense.  He played at an All Star level for years, that can't be faked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Rondo, Wallace and Faverani (25 million)

for

Hibbert, George Hill and Copeland (26 million) and a 2017 1st rd pick

Pacers actually free up a million dollars for when Stephenson comes crawling back to them. Scola, Mahinmi and Faverani can cover the center position and Rondo gets to pass to George, Stephenson and West while being in the thick of a playoff race against teams like Miami and Chicago he historically has played at his highest levels against... while in a contract year.

Hibbert gets away from the team/teammate (George) who boinked his wife and made his second half of the season a living nightmare, while getting to escape the spotlight for a year or two being a building block towards the future winner Danny is creating here. 

If the rumor that George slept with Hibbert's wife and the playoff story that George took him out on his boat to inspire him to play better in the Wizard series makes Hibbert a pathetic giant. Stay away he is the slowest player in the NBA.  Younger faster players don't need to be hindered by this slow motion gentle giant.   Rondo healthy is at the top of his profession. Hibbert even with his size is not. Saying he was an all star means nothing, because we know of his tremendous limitations.   Sorry we disagree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Any trade for Hibbert would start and end with Wallace.  If we are not dumping our bad contract i'm not thinking about hibbert's worse one.  I'd do straight up, or I'd give them Rondo if either 1)They give us back at least 1 number 1(unprotected), or 2) we get back another young player that DA thinks improves us long term.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

Any trade for Hibbert would start and end with Wallace.  If we are not dumping our bad contract i'm not thinking about hibbert's worse one.  I'd do straight up, or I'd give them Rondo if either 1)They give us back at least 1 number 1(unprotected), or 2) we get back another young player that DA thinks improves us long term.

Agree with this, we should take this opportunity to move some inflated contracts.  Its pretty evident at this point the T-Wolves have some hesitance to trade Love to Boston, shades of KG I suspect.  

Hibbert getting cheated on by his teammate isn't all that different from Kobe outing Gasol for cheating on his wife (or Shaq) and Gasol checking out of the season prior.  This says more about Paul George or Kobe being a bad teammate and friend than Hibbert or Gasol, these guys didn't suddenly become bad players they just played poorly and maybe with good reason.  Hibbert is an All Star center in a league with very few, he might blossom with a change of scenery, it is a chance but so is the likelihood we lose Rondo with zero compensation if we don't make some moves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Let's not forget, IND just signed Lavoy Allen.  Hibbert is on the way out!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Just think of the reward if he comes around.  He could become a huge building block.  If it fails, it further adds to tankapoluza #2 and #3 forthe next 2 years.  If they can do it without Rondo, only by wallace and maybe a future pick or fringe player or 2(faverini as an example) then if he does transform, you have:

Rondo/smart

AB/young

Green/young

sully/ko

hibbert/ko

far from terrible if hibbert returns to allstar form.  He would make sully and KO much better as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

There is not a chance Danny will let Rondo go without compensation.  Hibbert is an All-Star?  What is he now? How did he look this season or against Miami? You want a stiff like that. He can't jump, and he struggled to get position against much smaller men. 

Agree with this, we should take this opportunity to move some inflated contracts.  Its pretty evident at this point the T-Wolves have some hesitance to trade Love to Boston, shades of KG I suspect.  

Hibbert getting cheated on by his teammate isn't all that different from Kobe outing Gasol for cheating on his wife (or Shaq) and Gasol checking out of the season prior.  This says more about Paul George or Kobe being a bad teammate and friend than Hibbert or Gasol, these guys didn't suddenly become bad players they just played poorly and maybe with good reason.  Hibbert is an All Star center in a league with very few, he might blossom with a change of scenery, it is a chance but so is the likelihood we lose Rondo with zero compensation if we don't make some moves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Forget Hibbert, we need  we need Spurious George. No conscience.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

If the Cs can get Hibbert on a straight salary dump, it would be a no-brainer. His playoff performance wasn't good, but that's only one sample. He's never been a scorer, and his rebounding isn't great, but he can defend and was a big part of the Pacers getting the #1 seed in the East.

The Cs don't have anyone who can defend vertically. Hibbert would change that.

That said, I don't see Indy doing anything right now. Why should they? The Heat aren't going to be the same (yes, a prediction) and I could easily see Indy going to the Finals next season on what they already have.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

If the Cs can get Hibbert on a straight salary dump, it would be a no-brainer. His playoff performance wasn't good, but that's only one sample. He's never been a scorer, and his rebounding isn't great, but he can defend and was a big part of the Pacers getting the #1 seed in the East.

That said, I don't see Indy doing anything right now. Why should they? The Heat aren't going to be the same (yes, a prediction) and I could easily see Indy going to the Finals next season on what they already have.

Good point.  It all depends on the reason for the playoff collapse.  If it is what we are all hearing rumors about they may need to move him of there would be a clubhouse cancer problem for the entire season....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Pacers would trade Hibbert for Rondo in a nano second. Not even a 10 minute discussion. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Pacers would trade Hibbert for Rondo in a nano second. Not even a 10 minute discussion. 

But why would the Celts do it?  Unless it is Rondo & Wallace for Hibbert and Stephenson.  That might make sense.

Sections
Shortcuts