0-4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: 0-4

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Did Eldunko just call wozzy a fair-weather troll?

Good stuff!

HAHAHA

:)

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Just a reminder --- tanking is no guarantee we get the #1 or #2 pick. I hate tanking and once I get a gut feeling this is what they are doing, I'll be watching reruns of The Voice before I spend 3 hours a night watching that kind of team.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Regardless of the W or L, this team and all the lineup iterations is fun to watch.  They play hard and fast.

Oly making dumb rookie mistakes, Sully forcing his second year mojo, the Fav being Fav, watching the Gren see saw, the Crawford disasters between brilliance, Bradley's Grocho Marx expression with a turd in his pants, and the inevitable crash and burn in the closing minutes with no go-to player.    

I just wish Brad would put Hump in at center against the beasts so he can get his A** kicked and play Brooks on the big scorers to watch how really bad he is on D.

BTW - Boston beats Utah on Wednesday - 1-4.       

Humphries is our best power forward except maybe Sullinger and Brooks maybe our best two guard.

But Brad is showcasing guys for trade and tanking.

I would like to see Crawford, Brooks, Green, Humphries, and Faverani.

Sorry Chris.  Hate to burst your infatuation, but Brooks is our worst guard, by far.  His defense is laughable...meaning he actually doesn't know the fundamentals.   His court movement and court sense is horrid.  He is lost on the floor.  The only thing he can do is shoot.  but basketball is much more than that.  He will be traded as detritus and will not be on the team come next year.  I doubt he will be in the league in three years.

We disagree.
    The only thing Ray Allen can do is shoot as well.

I would like to see that lineup to see how it does.

Three guys who can score, and two guys who can rebound.

I disagree, also.  I wish we'd start seeing more Marshon and less Crawford.  Watching Crawford play while Brooks is on the bench is like watching Crawford ride around on a stolen bicycle.  Whoever said Brooks's defense is laughable- Have you noticed that Crawford's entire game is laughable?

As I watch the C's continue to struggle I get the feeling that the primary concern is to trade Bass, Lee, and Crawford.  Play them and hope they do well enough to attract some buyers, right?  Looking around the league and seeing all of the 'potentially good' SG's sitting on benches right now (names like Crabbe, Ledo...even Austin Rivers) makes this whole situation appear even more hopeless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I'm enjoying this year so far.  The games have all been very entertaining and close.  So far, this is exactly what I wanted to see.  Entertaining games culminating in losses.

+1.. I feel that this team is being trashed here in this forum. The 0-4 has been full of turnovers from the C's part. Turnovers aside, the team ball has been sufficient to keep things close. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

We have been in every game.  I would not trade Fav for most of the centers in the NBA.  KO and Sully just need a year or two of experience.  Crawford has suprised and is better than the starting point guard.  Bass has played well and hard but is not part of our plans.   My biggest dissapointment has been Jeff Green and Wallace.  Green has great ability but he stands and stands, and waits for someone to cut his steak up before he eats it. He is a great third option but he is not a leader, nor does he want to be one.  Wallace is on the downside of his NBA time.   Bradley plays hard and does some good things but his passing and shooting leave a lot to be desired, and that is sad because I had such high hopes for him after his brief spurt a year or so ago.  Hump is ok but not part of our plans.  The rest of the team is untradeable.  Brooks and Pressey have not played enough for me to have an opinion.  WE MIGHT BE UNDEFEATED IF RONDO WAS PLAYING. 

+1

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

It's simple, Celts can't close out games because Paul Pierce is now playing for the Brooklyn Nets.

Last week the Nets beat the Heat.

With 7 seconds remaining and the Nets up by 3, Ray was fouled and went 1 out 2 from the FT line.

When it was Pierce's turn to make FTs, he made them both.

Right now the Celts don't have a closer, a go to guy.

That's why the Celts keep losing all these close games.

In an earlier game Pierce also put up the final shot and clanked it off the front of the rim to lose by 1 ... He's not the same player he once was so using him as one of your hot button to push for a response doesn't ring true anymore. We didn't dump a superstar at the top of his game so that's a poor example and we all know why Danny made that dump. TRY AGAIN!

True! and didnt we get tired of those ? or holding the ball at the end of the game to then do the predictable, a bad dribble followed by a steal from the opposing team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to jhol's comment:

Just a reminder --- tanking is no guarantee we get the #1 or #2 pick. I hate tanking and once I get a gut feeling this is what they are doing, I'll be watching reruns of The Voice before I spend 3 hours a night watching that kind of team.

Doesn't matter, there are at least 5 players who could potentially end up the #1 pick.

So as long as the Celts get a top 5 pick, the Celts will come out winners this season.

+1

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts