04/20/13 Celtics vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: 04/20/13 Celtics vs Knicks

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If KG gave us more points and pulled his weight, the Celts would have won Banner 18 in 2010.

You guys are expecting too much from KG.

HAHAHA

No,

You are expecting too little.

Today there was rust, this is not 2010.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

Let it go Fierce. Basketballs a team game. Garnett never really had anyone around him in Minn. he won here his first year because he had help. Besides Pierce, Look who he has around him now! 

Come on, Pierce went to the east finals with Tony Battie as the starting Center of the Celtics.

If you're going to make excuses for KG, I'm sure you're going to find many. The point is KG didn't step up in this game. KG just had 8 points today.

In all fairness, the passing of Pierce, and Bradley was scarry today.

KGs offense was off, as I expected due to lack of play. The next game will likely be better. Bradley and Pierce will likely be better with passing and KG will likely be better with no rust.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

In response to ktronic's comment:

Let it go Fierce. Basketballs a team game. Garnett never really had anyone around him in Minn. he won here his first year because he had help. Besides Pierce, Look who he has around him now! 

Come on, Pierce went to the east finals with Tony Battie as the starting Center of the Celtics.

If you're going to make excuses for KG, I'm sure you're going to find many. The point is KG didn't step up in this game. KG just had 8 points today.

In all fairness, the passing of Pierce, and Bradley was scarry today.

KGs offense was off, as I expected due to lack of play. The next game will likely be better. Bradley and Pierce will likely be better with passing and KG will likely be better with no rust.

I am not so sure this was the game to steal and they could have.  The shooting was as bad as I have ever seen.  Garnett and Terry specifically, why Doc did not get in Wilcox or Randolph is insanity. The way to win that game was to go inside.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I am not so sure this was the game to steal and they could have.  The shooting was as bad as I have ever seen.  Garnett and Terry specifically, why Doc did not get in Wilcox or Randolph is insanity. The way to win that game was to go inside.

We shot very well in the first half. The knicks made adjustments and we couldn't/didn't respond.
    This game did appear to be winnable. Chandler invisible, carmelo shooting poorly for the most part, and green playing great, at least in the first half. Not sure if we'll get another opportunity like this.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

NewYork was nervous the entire game, but with Kidd, Martin and Chandler they have enough veteran leadeship and defense to go along with Anthony's scoring. Our advantage (playoff experience) over the last years, is not existant anymore. 

Without Rondo we have no ball handler under pressure. On top we just have no scorer besides PP. Green is not a scorer. He can just score in the flow of a game, as he is a one (actually two) trick pony: Shooting threes and going right. Take that away and he is nowhere to be seen. If he wants to be our go to guy, he has to improve his left hand and develop a step back jumper. KG never was a scorer. I know that he scored a lot when younger, but that came from his athletic ability not from ability (or mind) to score (difficult to explain, sorry). Even his nice jumper (which didn't fall yesterday), gets going only with his dribble side step. Summary: KG and Green can score in the flow of the game with the athletic ability (Green) and size/jumpshooting (KG), but they cannot force.

When our bench (which is very thin again when Green is starting) is not making a single (!) field goal, we are doomed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Dammed, what is going on with this site? I'm logged in as another user?!?!

Sections
Shortcuts