1 degree of separation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

1 degree of separation

at 211 degrees, its just hot water, at 212 degrees it boils..the steam from such close victories can power a locomotive of future victories. The small things can make or break a team, an i know this team still has many little things to work on. We can either focus on what they are NOT doing, or appreciated what they are doing well, and realize that there is so much more to come. I like the view from being up 2-0, but you would think that this team  is down 0-2, from the perspective of some. What is this team doing right? What signs of potential are they showing? Go Celtics!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: 1 degree of separation

Good post Ortiz.  We're up 2-0 but could very easily be down 2-0.  We are simply closing games "better than the Knicks".  That's all we're doing.  I would not even say "closing games" is what we're doing right.  We are not doing much "right" nor are there "signs of potential" of anything that we're doing.

In game one, we caught a huge break with Melo being called for an offensive foul late in the game.  That is not a playoff-type foul called that late in the game.  And we also got lucky for not having a technical called against us with Delonte coming off the bench on Ray's huge shot.

Honestly, on the final play yesterday, there was more contact as Pierce fought through the Jeffries screen and I thought a foul was going to be called there.  The Knicks "mucked" it up as much as the Celtics forced them into it.

I don't think we've closed games as much as the Knicks gave us those games late.  We've been fortunate to be playing a team that isn't smart down the stretch.

The problem I have is that the Celtics are showing NOTHING.  They are showing NO SIGNS of potential.  That is what's unsettling about this more than anything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to 1 degree of separation:
    [QUOTE]at 211 degrees, its just hot water, at 212 degrees it boils..the steam from such close victories can power a locomotive of future victories. The small things can make or break a team, an i know this team still has many little things to work on. We can either focus on what they are NOT doing, or appreciated what they are doing well, and realize that there is so much more to come. I like the view from being up 2-0, but you would think that this team  is down 0-2, from the perspective of some. What is this team doing right? What signs of potential are they showing? Go Celtics!!!
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Ortiz: Water is going to have to get a whole lot hotter than 212 for it to power a locomotive. We are talking close to 400 degrees at very high 200PSI pressure to move the pistons to move the freight train.

At 212... you may be able to make tea... maybe... or eek out a victory against the Knicks.

To jump past the Heat or Bulls, you better bring superheated, high pressure steam.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im gonna skip trying to boil water, but I will say we have seen the worse..The bench cant get any worse and we know the Big 3 will be better in MSG.  I actually think the 2 games there are gonna be easier and we sweep this series...but dont hold me to that...lol

seriously though....we havent got any problems yet....that N.Y. team just gave its last gasp.  Their bum backups will play tighter at home under the pressure and our scrubs will improve because they are not nervous at the gah-den...and the fact is, they cant play any worse!,....so its only up from here...Im more concerned with the big picture than this series...cuz if we dont start rebounding...than #18 is a very far fetched reality....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I just think the scrappy NY team is revealing the deficiencies of our squad. Thats a good thing, if we have the means and the time to fix them. Mainly, its the bench that has let down big time. If they can somehow mix and mesh to at least maintain if not increasse the leads, then were in good hands. If not, well, i think we know whats going to happen. Thats the Lakers dowfall, NO BENCH. We have a bench, just not a productive one yet. This kind of reminds me of 08 when the Big three struggled early in the play offs, and eventually won it all. I guess we will find out if the water will boil over, create a sunami, or its all just a bunch of hot air..

Sections
Shortcuts