10 New Players Makes it A Different Team

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: 10 New Players Makes it A Different Team

at the beginning of the season, I was quite happy with the makeup of the team and the newfound depth and talent...I thought that they would be a strong contender....it looks like I was wrong..... this team is struggling (as they were last year and in 2010)....but right now, I don't see a huge change coming  (although I admit I didn't see one coming in either of those two aforementioned years either)....it is time to do something....the run looks to be over...rebuild now and the team can contend once again...untouchables...?  ...I'm not sure anymore....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

that's my hope....no reason Danny can't get it done....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

at the beginning of the season, I was quite happy with the makeup of the team and the newfound depth and talent...I thought that they would be a strong contender....it looks like I was wrong..... this team is struggling (as they were last year and in 2010)....but right now, I don't see a huge change coming  (although I admit I didn't see one coming in either of those two aforementioned years)....it is time to do something....the run looks to be over...rebuild now and the team can contend once again...untouchables...?  ...I'm not sure anymore....

[/QUOTE]

The Celts are rebuilding on the fly. They're trying to win now and at the same time trying to make the team younger.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce your article is thought provoking. Who is it that takes it lightly in the locker room.  Very important to know who it is. 

It is clear that winning on the fly is not going to work.   Most here do not seem to understand the subtlety of Pierce and Garnett losing their ability to win games but performing statistically enough not to alarm.   The losses however show that Pierce especially needs someone in the offense to take the initiative for the Celtics to win.  Rondo comes to mind as the wild card.   He has a lot of sway on the  younger players.  Where is he in all this? I can't see Terry not angry so who is it? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

This is why I blame Doc. If this is going on they will be gone soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Maybe we got a few Sidney Wicks types on the team!! Wasn't it Wicks who said,they don't put Wins or Loses on the paychecks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

Your Morning Dump… Where there is a concerning divide in the locker room

http://redsarmy.com/2013/01/01/your-morning-dump-where-there-is-a-concerning-divide-in-the-locker-room/

The Celtics are not on the same page. Some players continue to laugh and joke after losses, while others are furious. Some players expect the improvement will come and don’t appear worried about losses piling up, while others are very concerned.

[/QUOTE]

sounds like the didn't-give-a-shitte-red sox of the last 2 yrs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe we got a few Sidney Wicks types on the team!! Wasn't it Wicks who said,they don't put Wins or Loses on the paychecks!

[/QUOTE]

curtis rowe said that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

curtis rowe said that

[/QUOTE] Thank you, i knew it was one of them!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Did you know the Celtics picked the immortal Clarence Glover one slot ahead of Curtis in the 1971 draft?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce your article is thought provoking. Who is it that takes it lightly in the locker room.  Very important to know who it is. 

It is clear that winning on the fly is not going to work.   Most here do not seem to understand the subtlety of Pierce and Garnett losing their ability to win games but performing statistically enough not to alarm.   The losses however show that Pierce especially needs someone in the offense to take the initiative for the Celtics to win.  Rondo comes to mind as the wild card.   He has a lot of sway on the  younger players.  Where is he in all this? I can't see Terry not angry so who is it? 

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter who they are. The new players came from other teams, they don't know the Celtic way yet. So it's understandable.

On offense the Celts are struggling because the Celts don't have that big who can play pick and roll with Rondo. KG is a pick and pop player. That's why I keep pushing for Amare. Amare always scored a lot of points when he was playing with Steve Nash.

[/QUOTE]

The options seem less likely. Amare if healthy has to be worth a look.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

curtis rowe said that

[/QUOTE]

My avatar is Curtis Rowe...

Looking dashing I might ad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you know the Celtics picked the immortal Clarence Glover one slot ahead of Curtis in the 1971 draft?

[/QUOTE] Right out of Western Ky. Clover may have been the 3rd best player for the hilltoppers that year!!  Not one of Reds better moves.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter who they are. The new players came from other teams, they don't know the Celtic way yet. So it's understandable.

On offense the Celts are struggling because the Celts don't have that big who can play pick and roll with Rondo. KG is a pick and pop player. That's why I keep pushing for Amare. Amare always scored a lot of points when he was playing with Steve Nash.

[/QUOTE]

The options seem less likely. Amare if healthy has to be worth a look.  

[/QUOTE]

We would be regretting this for the rest of this guys contract.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If 10 new players makes this a "different" team.... we've had 8-10 new players each of the past 3 seasons so we've had "different" teams going on 3 years in a row.

Only after the championship season did the Cs have minimal roster change... and it has been accelerating since then.

What makes this team seem so "different" is the absence of RayAllen and he was supposed to be the weak link in the Big Four.... and the obvious very poor chemistry.... which may or may not coincide with this being officially R9R's team.

Pud 

Sections
Shortcuts