$10.3 million trade exception from the Nets deal.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

$10.3 million trade exception from the Nets deal.

As usual, I agree with #8 that it's more likely Boston rebuilds through trades.  This draft class is horrid.  Since I'm not too familiar with the Trade Exception, I was hoping someone could enlighten me..

Does anyone think this 10.3 mil trade except is burning a whole in DA's pocket?  And the writing's all over the wall for a big trade between now and this summer? (before the trade except expires)  Or is it common that teams do not take advantage of them?

No offense, but I think it's highly unlikely that the C's will draft a couple of players like Vonleh and WCS and call it a success.  I think unless they win the lottery and get a top 3 pick, then trader Danny's got at least several deals in the works.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Re: $10.3 million trade exception from the Nets deal.

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

As usual, I agree with #8 that it's more likely Boston rebuilds through trades.  This draft class is horrid.  Since I'm not too familiar with the Trade Exception, I was hoping someone could enlighten me..

Does anyone think this 10.3 mil trade except is burning a whole in DA's pocket?  And the writing's all over the wall for a big trade between now and this summer? (before the trade except expires)  Or is it common that teams do not take advantage of them?

No offense, but I think it's highly unlikely that the C's will draft a couple of players like Vonleh and WCS and call it a success.  I think unless they win the lottery and get a top 3 pick, then trader Danny's got at least several deals in the works.

[/QUOTE]

HOLE- The whole year inn.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

its clear DA will b trading whoever we pick in the first round along with sully and a jeff green.. period! that should get us a stud esp if we throw in next year's first or 2016's..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

its clear DA will b trading whoever we pick in the first round along with sully and a jeff green.. period! that should get us a stud esp if we throw in next year's first or 2016's..

[/QUOTE]

Are there really that many franchise-altering studs out there who can had for that?

Danny will play the hand he's dealt the best way he can, and that's all we can ask.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Number6Fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are there really that many franchise-altering studs out there who can had for that?

Danny will play the hand he's dealt the best way he can, and that's all we can ask.

[/QUOTE]

+1

Vomleh isn't a scrub like Cauley though

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Thanks 8.  So DA's none too impressed with this year's draft class, and he's looking to pull the trigger on his TPE.  Sounds like he may take a crack at K. Love afterall.

According to Bill Simmons, if the C's don't wind up with a top 3 pick this year, they could trade both of their 2014 picks (and if necessary a 2015 pick) for Love (they'd be including Bass and Bogans in the deal to make it work).

Simmons thinks that with Rondo and Love, bringing in a third all-star would be easy?  What do you guys think?  Is Love worth all of the picks?  Would you want Love to be the new face of the Celtics?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks 8.  So DA's none too impressed with this year's draft class, and he's looking to pull the trigger on his TPE.  Sounds like he may take a crack at K. Love afterall.

According to Bill Simmons, if the C's don't wind up with a top 3 pick this year, they could trade both of their 2014 picks (and if necessary a 2015 pick) for Love (they'd be including Bass and Bogans in the deal to make it work).

Simmons thinks that with Rondo and Love, bringing in a third all-star would be easy?  What do you guys think?  Is Love worth all of the picks?  Would you want Love to be the new face of the Celtics?

[/QUOTE]

To be short....YES.  Love IS a piece to build the team around and attract other players.  There are no sure things in the draft...Love IS a sure thing.  It's a no brainer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

To be short....YES.  Love IS a piece to build the team around and attract other players.  There are no sure things in the draft...Love IS a sure thing.  It's a no brainer.

=====================================================

Even if we get a top 5 ping pong pick, I don't think any of them will make us a contender...maybe only Embiid as we have needed a Center since Perkins left and he was not a prolific scorer either. Yup, give up the 2 first round picks for K. Love( especially so the Lakers don't get him) & maybe another from the remaining 10 picks we have in next couple of years...Bass and Bogans too.  But Love is a PF and although he, Sully and Oly can play Center, I would like a Banger in the post like Asik or Gortat and DA would need some magic to get him offering Wallace, Green, Hump, Faverani & a couple of our guards and maybe a couple of the 10 remaining picks and keep Rondo, Bradley and C. Johnson who can play G or F.

We'd have the best frontcourt with Love, Sully, Oly & Asik or Gortat since the McHale, Bird & Parish days & be contenders next year !!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So Fiercy has yet to acknowledge the bet offered to him regarding Rondo and his prediction RR will be traded on draft night.

But he continues to say trade ideas that were obviously just solid value 'made for fun' suggestions are predictions?

What a guy. No wonder multiple posters thought the thread 'A horrible horrible person' was about him:-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"and a jeff green.. period! that should get us a stud"

Jeff Green will get us a stud - lol

You think just tossing in Green's crummy contract will confuse other teams into thinking he's worth it? 

We're stuck with Green. We have no leverage to trade him. 

Sully, yes, is a tradeable asset but not sure that's a good idea. 

The MLE could work well for us though, but not to get us a super star. 

I've not as down on this year's draft as you are. Depends on who comes out. It's not bad though.....and with each loss our chances increase.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love would have to be a pure trade w/o using the TPE (can't be combined with other players except draft picks).

But that means DA would still have the TPE to acquire Gortat (FA) once over the cap ... or and other FA center unfer $10.3MM.

[/QUOTE]

Gortat will probably be overpaid to stay in Washington, they gave up a 1st rd pick for him. He's also 2 years older than Asik. 

Bass (7m), Bogans (5m) and Sully (2m) + our '14 pick (6-8 range) and the better of our two 2016 1st rd picks is solid value for Love. Sully just turned 22 and is playing like the top 5 pick he was supposed to be. The '16 pick is unprotected. Sounds like the T'Wolves are going to try and keep Love though. Fat chance.

But say we pull that pipe dream deal off. How about the TPE for Aaron Afflalo? The Magic have Oladipo as the SG of the future. Afflalo is 28 (like Rondo) and will want big $ soon. The Magic pick Randle or Vonleh with their pick at 4-6, then see a PG they want badly at 18-19 and trade us Afflalo for that pick and the better of our two picks in 2015 (top 10 protected).

Finally, Humphries (S&T at 3/24 or 2/18) and Favarani to the Rockets for Asik. 

Ainge still matches offers for Bradley, signs Bayless for like 2 years 6 million and signs Pierce for 2 years at the MLE so he ends his career in Boston and passes Hondo for most years as a Celtic.

C - Asik, Olynyk

PF - Love, (Wallace/Olynyk)

SF - Green, Pierce, Wallace

SG - Afflalo, AB

PG - Rondo, Bayless, Pressey

Is that the best starting 5 since the '04 Pistons? I guess Love and Rondo are all-stars but I wouldn't call them superstars. Prince and Rip are pretty even with Green and Afflalo and Asik is a rim protector like Big Ben.

Bench is AWESOME

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  I don't want the Celtics to become the Timberwolves East.  Something about Love isn't right.  Yes, he puts up huge numbers, but those numbers do not seem to translate to wins.  He's not all alone in Minnesota, either.  That team should not be hovering around .500.  To me, Love fails the eye test every time I see him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  I don't want the Celtics to become the Timberwolves East.  Something about Love isn't right.  Yes, he puts up huge numbers, but those numbers do not seem to translate to wins.  He's not all alone in Minnesota, either.  That team should not be hovering around .500.  To me, Love fails the eye test every time I see him.

[/QUOTE]

I'll revise this opinion.  If we can get Love for a combination of Green or Bass or both and this year's draft picks and next year's draft, then o.k.  I don't want to dip into the Brooklyn picks.  I wouldn't empty the coffers for Love.  Rondo and Love?  Really?  That's the foundation?  That makes me a little queasy. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

At this particular moment there are NO untouchables on this team.  Rondo is not back to himself yet, although a better sourrounding cast and another offseason will likely get him there. 

I am high on Sully, KO, and down on Bradley and green.  They are good 6th man types, but not game changers.  4th, 5th, 6th man types to me.  At the premium scoring positions that is our problem.  They are good, just not good enough.

I have been a proponent of an Asik or Gortat type trade.  Make it so DA.  If you are keeping your picks, draft scoring, especially a pure outside shooter for the 2 or 3.  So FA/trade for  the big, and draft the talent/scoring.  Bigs are so hit or miss in the draft that the risk is too big in my mind.  Let someone else gamble. 

I love the idea of a Kevin Love, but not at the expense of a sully and all of those picks.  He isn't that much better than sully talent wise.  Asik, KO,Sully and  2 picks are better than love, KO, and ?.  Can you get Love for Bass, Bogans, green, braqdley,wallace type players(2 or 3) and maybe 1 pick?  I would love Rondo, Draft, green, Sully, Love.  If you keep the picks this year and trade for Asik with a future pick plus Bass/bogans you get rondo,bradley/draft, green/draft, sully/ko, asik or gortat/faverini.

Would wallace agree to a buyout if they draft a SF and he was relagated to 11-15th man and not in the rotation virtually at all?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

no idea on the trade exemption, but as to a K. Love trade.

I would rather see Sully, Bogans, Green along with our lotto pick this year and a furture first rounder for Love and Dieng.

I think the salarys are close enough to work there.

Sully Green and the lotto pick gives Minny return for losing Love.

Dieng is a prospect at Center while  Minny already has Pekovic there.

Bass can be moved for a vet guard or Small forward of some type ( Maybe Charoltte would like to unload MKG?).

use our draft pick on player like Hood or Harris.....after re-signing/matching AB we'd be at about the cap or $60M, so stil have up to $10M to still be below the Luxury line.

adding Steamer for $3M  and then re-sign Bayless at $3M is within reason at that point.

no bg THREE yet there, but a playoff team in postion to make future moves.

Roster:

Dieng

Steamer

Fav

Love

KO

Joel A.

Kidd-Gilchrist

Wallace

Hood

AB

Johnson

Bayless

Rondo

Pressey

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Love is better than Sully offensively,  but not on defense. We have yet to see Sully with a real center, my guess is they would dominate the boards. Oly is getting better every day and would be an amazing Celtic's 6th man at the 4 and 5 going forward. Asik is a whiner, I just don't like his attitude. The current team is close to the Raptors (i.e., a lower tier playoff team) and next year would be that with an adequate big man like Asik or Gortat. To me the best big to try to get with all the draft picks, etc. is M Gasol. Put Gasol in the middle and this team is a decent playoff team and a add an upgrade at 2 (Gordon Hayward/Paul Pierce) and maybe a title contender.