11 of next 14 games are at home

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: 11 of next 14 games are at home

In Response to 11 of next 14 games are at home:
    The C's have a method to the madness. They aren't on the road that much this month which should help guys like Harangody and Bradley. 11 of 14 at home 3 back to backs SA, Orlando and Utah in that mix at home, Chicago on the road. I would expect KG, West and maybe Perk to all be back about the same time towards the end of the month. I'm guessing Doc may hold Perk out a little longer.
    Posted by BiasLewis

It is great that they have so many home games.  But they will be missing many of their key players during this stretch.  Unfortunately, the Celtics could lose many of these games without KG, Delonte, etc.  Hopefully, Rondo will be back soon.  The latest report that I heard is that he is not playing today.  Although, I am remaining optimistic about KG's injury. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

With so many players out, esp key ones.. we're gonna take some losses in Jan, doesnt matter home or away.

One of our strongest attributes is depth...but no longer.. Whats important imo is that nobody elses gets hurt and we get through Jan still leading the East (wont be easy)

At that point, everyone should be back except maybe Perk..

It'll still take some time to get the rotations back to normal and everyone comfortable again with them. I cant wait for DWest & Nate to team up on the 2nd unit.  With Quis , Baby, JO and maybe a starter playing the 2nd qtr... its gonna be nice imo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I am really looking forward to Perk's return.  Anxious to see how effective he is going to be after returning from his injury.  Although, we certainly haven't missed his technicals this season.  So far, Dwight may be leading the league in that category, but I am not really sure.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I wouldn't expect too much from Perk, Susan.  He'll be able to play, but not at the same level.  Knee injuries really slow your movement, especially lateral movement.  Antonio McDyss, Tony Allen, Kevin Garnett, Andrew Bynum, and a host of other players all struggled in the first year back when they came off knee surgery (all different kinds of knee surgery).    It takes a while to build strength and confidence and lateral movement on those knees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perk will give us another body in the middle and hopefully he can play decent defense, set legal picks and bang some bodies. Anything more from Perk would be gravy and surprising.  Last season he didnt give us too much more than that healthy. Coming from a long layoff and knee surgery... cant expect too much

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would expect more from Perk than I would JON. THe things Perk does don't really require alot of ahtletic ability. He should be able to reb, set picks, get good position. As long as he doesn't have to cover guys on the wing he should be ok. If it was Rondo coming back from that injury I doubt he would be effective at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

I think we should use more players in the rotation,we cant afford to lose any more players,so i was thinking in something like this:

Nate    34
    Ray      30
    Paul      30
    Davis     40(we are gonna have to play this guy BIG minutes)
    Shaq     20

Bradley   10 (he´s not playing well,but his minutes are rest to someone else)
    Wafer     15 (it would be nice to see him with more confidence)
    Daniels    25

Now in the frontcourt we have some trouble,JO cant play MANY minutes,in my opnion,so 20 for him should do it.

Then ....

1) We Marquis in a small rotation
    2) Erden play trough his injuries(i heard he has some,right?)
    3) We can how Harangody can help us

I would like to se Luke play,what do you think?
    Paul and Ray have to play less minutes
    30/32 it´s fine by me,we HAVE to rest them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, Perk can give us picks (although he's called for illegal screens at LOT - not always his fault) and some position rebounding, and defense from big "postup" guys.    However, his help D will be slow, I predict as lateral movement is likely not as good as before.

Perk vs JON.......hmmm, hard one.  JON stunk his first 2 games back but he actually looked better last night.  He blocked 3 shots, got 6 rebounds and hit a couple of buckets.  He may yet surprise us.   

Either way, it will be good to have Perk back.  

Sections
Shortcuts