13-4 without Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: 13-4 without Rondo

In response to jtkl's comment:

How sad will you be when Rondo returns to Run this team for the next ten years? :) 

I live for the moment... and right now I am extremely happy with Celtic play sans Rondo.

This is an unexpected bonus. A new lease on life. A reprieve from tiresome Rondo-ball.

The future will take care of itself w/o my assistance.

BTW, a Rondo return to run anything other than his mouth WOULD surprise me.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

How sad will you be when Rondo returns to Run this team for the next ten years? :) 

I live for the moment... and right now I am extremely happy with Celtic play sans Rondo.

This is an unexpected bonus. A new lease on life. A reprieve from tiresome Rondo-ball.

Pud

Many like you s said he would be moved at the deadline as well. Good call on that. He's not likely going anywhere. 

We are playing well right now. Much deepr team than last year. And great Coaching. We'll be even better when Rondo gets back. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pud

Many like you s said he would be moved at the deadline as well. Good call on that. He's not likely going anywhere. 

We are playing well right now. Much deepr team than last year. And great Coaching. We'll be even better when Rondo gets back. 

An ignorant person authored the post above me^^

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Pud

An ignorant person authored the post above me^^

By which mean someone much smarter than you. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

What notch is that?

Because casual "self appointed expert" media people say so? Because x NBA players think the Celtics are getting old because the Celtics Stars play limited minutes and so put up limited stats? Because the media falls all over Lebron every five minutes and builds him up to super hero staus to sell ads? 

Last year we were 1/2 of one game from the NBA finala. Why did we fail? Because we had no Bench and the starters ran out of gas and Ray Allen had to guard Wade.

What has changed? 

We will have our starting "2" guard, Bradley, for the whole series, instead of our back up, Ray Allen. Bradley is a Wade stopper. Allen is  a defensive joke.

Jeff Green has become a great defender. Lebron went 3 for 11 while being guarded by Jeff.

Jeffs offense, along with others, more than make up for Rondo's offense.

Pierce is still usually clutch,

KG is still KG

We have a reliable bench!

Since Rondo went down, We have beaten most of the series teams, going 13 and 4. That 5 game in 7 night road trip to the west coast can not happen in the play-offs.

... so why is it again that we are a notch below championship level? 

Only because guys that get paid to sell news paper advertising and TV advertizing say so. Most are journalism majors. They look at stats, and they feed on the hype of other journalism majors.

The Celtics play a unique brand of basketball that is not stat frendly. Defense is an underrated  NBA tool that gets results. Analysis like stats because they don't have to watch the game to create a story line. Analists elevate players that get great stats to super hero status. That is what they did for Rondo, and we all know how that worked out.

I like our chances.

Nice post.  A couple things I might add,  Ray was not real healthy in the playoffs nor was Pierce.  Also I would not get to tied up on Jeff holding Lebron to anything.  If he can work his magic on Lebron a couple more times I may agree with you.  I do not like Lebron at all,  but I haven't seen anyone yet that can stop him game in game out.  I hope we have found that jewel.

Also I wasn't overly excited by Crawford  early because he is close to out of control.  I also know at some point he is going to erupt though.  Hopefully he will get a little more regular in that regard. Other parts of his game has impressed me though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Bradley is better than Rondo.

Not at basketball. He's good though.

"I would say Rondo is the best all-around point guard we have in the league.    -Magic Johnson

"That kid, is unbelievable." -Larry Bird On Rajon Rondo.

"He is the whole Package"  - Bob Cousey on Rondo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Dude, you really seem to be butthurt about the Rondo fiasco. Relax. People don't like him here anymore, you can still be a fan though...

Chill.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

jtkl is Rondo.

No, just an ordinary guy that tries to educated the unenlightend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to celticsfanmx's comment:

Dude, you really seem to be butthurt about the Rondo fiasco. Relax. People don't like him here anymore, you can still be a fan though...

Chill.

I don't care if you hate your celtics team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Rondo has proved that he is very capable. He played very good to great in last year's play-offs.

Doc Rivers said during an interview this year, that all great players, or Stars, want to win the NBA championship, but most are not willing to do what it takes, they want to win on their own terms. 

Also, before Rondo was injured Doc complained in public that his players were not playing the right way, and if it did not change, he would make changes.

In the Rockets game,  Rondo's guard assignment lit up the Celtics in the first half, At half time, Doc was trying to coach and he was getting an arguement from some unknown player. Pierce stepped in and said that Doc was trying to coach and that he should listen. In the second half the teams defense showed up and Rondo's guard assignment had little success. After the game Terry credited Pierces talk with the win. Of course the player that was arguing with Doc was not named, but is it possible that this describes anyone but Rondo?

During this regular season, it is obvious to those that pay attention to defense, that Rondo's focus was steals and rebounds, and not staying in front of his man as Doc has been teaching. The result, was that Rondo got media attention for his stats, steals and rebounds, and team defense suffered. 

On offense Rondo wanted to be the league leader in assists, because great point guards have great stats. As a result, he dominated the ball, often waiting until there were a few seconds left in the 24 second clock, waiting for the right pass so that he can get his assist. 

Rondo plays to win in the play-offs because that is what great players are expected to do. During the regular season he plays to win but on his own terms.  Assists, rebounds, steals, and triple doubles are needed to be an all-star and a media star. He wants to win. but only if he is considered a great point guard as well.

The Celtics have started winning because everyone is now playing defense, and offense. More people get touches and the Celts get into their sets earlier because there is more passing and less dribbling. Green and Wilcox are picking up the slack left by Suliger's absence. Rondo, on the other hand, provides regular season improvement by subtraction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

What notch is that?

Because casual "self appointed expert" media people say so? Because x NBA players think the Celtics are getting old because the Celtics Stars play limited minutes and so put up limited stats? Because the media falls all over Lebron every five minutes and builds him up to super hero staus to sell ads? 

Last year we were 1/2 of one game from the NBA finala. Why did we fail? Because we had no Bench and the starters ran out of gas and Ray Allen had to guard Wade.

What has changed? 

We will have our starting "2" guard, Bradley, for the whole series, instead of our back up, Ray Allen. Bradley is a Wade stopper. Allen is  a defensive joke.

Jeff Green has become a great defender. Lebron went 3 for 11 while being guarded by Jeff.

KG is still KG

Since Rondo went down, We have beaten most of the series teams, going 13 and 4. That 5 game in 7 night road trip to the west coast can not happen in the play-offs.

Only because guys that get paid to sell news paper advertising and TV advertizing say so. Most are journalism majors. They look at stats, and they feed on the hype of other journalism majors.

The Celtics play a unique brand of basketball that is not stat frendly. Defense is an underrated  NBA tool that gets results. Analysis like stats because they don't have to watch the game to create a story line. Analists elevate players that get great stats to super hero status. That is what they did for Rondo, and we all know how that worked out.

I like our chances.

Nice post.  A couple things I might add,  Ray was not real healthy in the playoffs nor was Pierce.  Also I would not get to tied up on Jeff holding Lebron to anything.  If he can work his magic on Lebron a couple more times I may agree with you.  I do not like Lebron at all,  but I haven't seen anyone yet that can stop him game in game out.  I hope we have found that jewel.

Also I wasn't overly excited by Crawford  early because he is close to out of control.  I also know at some point he is going to erupt though.  Hopefully he will get a little more regular in that regard. Other parts of his game has impressed me though.

Hard to guard a guy, when the refs let him pick up the ball and run down the lane like a running back, and then straight arm the defender to knock him off balance!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Rondo can fit on this team, all he needs to do is play defense the right way, move the ball quickly to the open man, participate in the offensive flow of the game, and listen to the coach.  Ball and players must move for this team to have their best opportunity to win.  Old Coach

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

What notch is that?

What has changed? 

KG is still KG

I like our chances.

That is true about Ray Paul and Crawford. I am not so sure about the Jeff issue. More than once, Green has done a great job defending  big athletic players.  He may get Smith tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

What notch is that?

What has changed? 

KG is still KG

I like our chances.

Hard to guard a guy, when the refs let him pick up the ball and run down the lane like a running back, and then straight arm the defender to knock him off balance!!

I think that was more likely the year before last.  I agree that it was rampant at that time. The great players do get the benefit of the doubt more than they should, but I give the league credit, I think that they have cleaned things up a bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Very impressive.

14-4. @ least we've solved our backup PG problems for the next 10 yrs! Yeah, Baby

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bet Rondo on the phone nightly with his boyfriend Perk whinning about the Celts being a much better team now that hes off it. waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

14-4

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

I see this Rondo "issue" as a very nice "headache" for Danny and Doc next year. I know of 29 other teams that wouldn't mind this "problem".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Bradley is better than Rondo.

I agree, I'll tak rondo back of course but he needs to come off the bench backing up Bradley. He also needs to adjust his game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Pud

So what youre saying is, Rondo didn't have to play on the team last year either and we still woulda done this?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

I agree, I'll tak rondo back of course but he needs to come off the bench backing up Bradley. He also needs to adjust his game

Not in a million years would R9R consider backing up another Celtic PG. He's sez he's the best PG in the league. Perennial AS. All-NBA Defensive Team. Celtic record for single season assists. Mr. Triple Dub. Smartest player on the court. Leader in jersey sales. Face of the franchise. Team leader.

When R9R lost his starting job to a less experienced DRose with  the 2010 FIBA TEAM, he quit the squad and left.

Besides, doc would not have the 'nads to even consider making such a move.

This is not a PG problem that 29 other teams would like to have.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Rondo is not the reason neither is Sullinger for our recent surge. I'm assuming that,like me, most regular posters watch every game. I contend that it was the neccessity of having to play and depend our newer players this way. Doc,PP,KG,and Rondo have had great success the last few years and if you watch the games in the first couple of months of the season our core of vets were reluctent to include any of the new players, with the exception of JET, in any clutch situation. Even with Terry they were trying for him to be RA II not JET. This wasn't some evil plan by the vets but human nature, if it ain't broke don'y fix it, which I'm assuming is most of us probably are or have been guilty of. Very few people embrace wholesale changes when they've had success with the out going system. This tendency led to our playing 3 on 5 and being extremely predictable led to our less than stellar record .I feel that if any of our veteran core other than Rondo had gone down we would have been forced to play to the strength of present roster rather than what we were in past. I'm thinking that DA wanted this style but Doc and the Big 3 weren't all in until they had to be, after all neccessity is the mother of invetion and it wasn't until Doc,KG and PP felt the need that they embraced this old/new style of true Celtic style ball. 

Sections
Shortcuts