1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Re: 1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average

What am I missing here?    Don't you watch the games Fierce?  The celts don't get rebounds because they hustle back on defense...  they don't even attempt to hit the offensive glass...  It is a purposeful strategy implemented by the celts in recent years.  As a result of that strategy last season they had the second best defense in the NBA (in opponents points scored)- despite playing much of the year without a true center.   That is a phenomenal achievement.  The Celts choose to get fewer rebounds in order to focus on defense...  and it works...  yielding the lowest opponent's field goal percentage in the NBA!...  A handful of extra shots for the opposition doesn't matter if their overall shooting percentage is down by several percentage points.     Rame is quite right about injuries having a much larger impact on recent Celtics  playoff losses than "average rebounds per  game during regular season"  

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: 1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average : You didn't use Green as an excuse for 2012? if you think we lose to Miami with Bradley, Green and Wilcox in the series   Re: Rebounding: Addition by Subtraction posted at 7/26/2012 7:09 AM EDT rameakap Posts: 13790 First: 11/13/2006 Last: 7/29/2012 In Response to  Re: Rebounding: Addition by Subtraction : rame I did more research.  This is what I found out: When the Celts were going back to LA, they were leading the series against the Lakers 3-2. The result was a blowout, the Celts lost by 22 in Game 6. Lakers 52 rebounds, Celtics only 39 rebounds in that Game 6. Last season the Celts were leading the Heat 3-2 in the ECF heading back to Boston. The Celts could've closed out the series in Boston. But the result was a 19-point victory by the Heat. Miami also outrebounded the Celts, 44-34, in that Game 6. No rebounds, no rings!  Posted by Fiercest34 you can supply all the stats that everyone already knows... if you think we lose to LA with the series tied 1-1 with Ray not having a bruised up leg/charlie horse or up 3-2 and Perk not going down within minutes of game 6 or if KG never needed surgery the year before, ur kidding yourself if you think we lose to Miami with Bradley, Green and Wilcox in the series, or Ray/Pierce not being hurt at all you are kidding yourself as well.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

ummm... looks like I supplied FIVE names there... hence injurIES... I guess I have to elaborate on what order of seriousness the SEVEN or so injuries were in so that when your argument falls apart and it is time to nit-pick and change subjects you have less to harp on

Green was just above JON and below five other injuries in 2012 as far as impact on our advancing past the Heat

Agian, the rebounding issue hurt us vs. LA, no doubt, they were one of the few teams who would give our top rated defense trouble b/c of their prowess on the offensive glass exhausting it...

But it doesn't make it a bigger deal than injuries... NO WAY... and the fact that the '10 C's avg's under 40 reb's wouldn't have prohibited that club, if healthy, from winning a title, considering they were tied with 5 mns to go and no matter how you look at it got hurt but some very questionable calls, all with their starting C and 1st or 2nd best rebounder on the bench

so yea, it's obvious, get over it, rebounds were still a disatnt 2nd or 3rd among issues, you still have a point, just this 'injuries are no excuse' drivel, when Doc of all people used it as an excuse over and over... is just you trying to be clever, 'win' and create pointless bickering long after your defeat on this topic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average : Even though those guys were hurt, Danny did NOTHING to improve our team other then signing Hollins and Williams. At the trade deadline JON, Green and Wilcox were all out for the year and Ray and Bradley were hurting. Why didn't Danny make any trades to make us better? Stop with the injury garbage because something could have been done about it, but NOTHING was done to help the Celts in their playoff run.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

Danny was too busy trying to finish off this Ray for Mayo deal that fell apart... he should have done something but I guess he didn't forsee the run the team would go on after the deadline, but not adding a player like Hickson def hurt

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

2010 2011 NBA champs Mavericks... averaged 38.8 rebs for the playoffs.   

Maybe they should give the rings back because winning a championship without averageing 40 rebounds pe rgame is "a pipe dream"

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Go away Fierce...  rame wins this one.       would you please quote yourself on leaving the board until october....   I'm sure I read it several times....   and there is no one better at pulling up old board quotes than you.      How many times have you promised to go away and not come back until October?     

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average : How could rame win this one when everything he said was contradicted by the evidence? Here: 2010 Finals  Game 1 - Ray was still healthy but the Celts still lost. Celts also lost rebounding battle. Game 2 - Ray was still healthy. Celts win and win rebounding battle. Game 3 - Ray not healthy anymore. Celts lost. Also lost rebounding battle. Game 4 - Ray not healthy. Celts win and also win rebounding battle. Game 5 - Ray not healthy. Celts win and also win rebounding battle. Game 6 - Ray not healthy. Celts lose and also lose rebounding battle. Game 7 - Ray not healthy. Celts lose and also lose rebounding battle. 2012 Season Lakers at Boston - Ray healthy. Celts lose and also lose rebounding battle. Celtics at LA - Ray healthy. Celts lose and also lose rebounding battle. videoburns If you understand what common denominator means then clearly rame lost this one big time! And you have the wingnut Mployee to blame for my return.

I know about common denomenators..   ..  you don't apparently know the difference betweeen cooralation and causation.    

Or the forrest from the trees. 

And blaming mployee on your return is very very weak indeed.    

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In  Evidence shows regardless if Ray is healthy or not, the Celts always lose to the Lakers if the Celts lose the rebounding battle. Mployee flushed me out. He accused me of being ricky. He awakened the sleeping dragon. Ha Ha 

So if the celtics just get some more rebounds they win right?  

8:00 PM ET, February 5, 2009

TD Garden, Boston, MA

Lakers 42 rebs   Boston 47 rebs

Lakers win 110 109

Jun 15, 2008

lakers 37 rebs   boston 40 rebs  

lakers win 103-98

"...the Celts always lose to the Lakers if the Celts lose the rebounding battle."

Feb 26 2006

Lakers 43 rebs  Boston 35 rebs

Boston wins 112 -111

A few more rebounds don't insure a win a few less don't doom you to a loss. 

Other factors - like shooting percentage and opposing team shooting percentage -turnovers, foul shots - can easily, and often do,  overwhelm the advantage of a slight rebounding edge.   

Your rebounding fetish is typical of adolescent fixations.

now please go away

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hilarity is anyone who thinks rebounding was more a problem than injuries to this team's success the past 3 years.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

your facts do not stack up against the overall reality

I'm not going to list the far superior points they are there and in your face over and over, just no way around them

it is amusing that you continue this campaign of yours that nobody else agrees with b/c it just ain't true. Yeah, C's aren't a great rebounding team. Is an injured club 5 mins from a title really going to blame the rebounding or the starting C they are missing and best 3 point shooter ever playing on one leg?

Doc sure didn't blame the boards, he stuck to his 'we're the best when we are healthy' guns

hahaha, anyhow, it's in the bag for inuries being the bigger issue, I'll let you spin in circles, cut and paste and think you are proving points if you wish, doesn't change anything

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.