1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Re: 1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average

2010 2011 NBA champs Mavericks... averaged 38.8 rebs for the playoffs.   

Maybe they should give the rings back because winning a championship without averageing 40 rebounds pe rgame is "a pipe dream"

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Go away Fierce...  rame wins this one.       would you please quote yourself on leaving the board until october....   I'm sure I read it several times....   and there is no one better at pulling up old board quotes than you.      How many times have you promised to go away and not come back until October?     

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to Re: 1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average:
    In Response to Re: 1972-73 Knicks nba champs despite lowly rebound average : How could rame win this one when everything he said was contradicted by the evidence? Here: 2010 Finals  Game 1 - Ray was still healthy but the Celts still lost. Celts also lost rebounding battle. Game 2 - Ray was still healthy. Celts win and win rebounding battle. Game 3 - Ray not healthy anymore. Celts lost. Also lost rebounding battle. Game 4 - Ray not healthy. Celts win and also win rebounding battle. Game 5 - Ray not healthy. Celts win and also win rebounding battle. Game 6 - Ray not healthy. Celts lose and also lose rebounding battle. Game 7 - Ray not healthy. Celts lose and also lose rebounding battle. 2012 Season Lakers at Boston - Ray healthy. Celts lose and also lose rebounding battle. Celtics at LA - Ray healthy. Celts lose and also lose rebounding battle. videoburns If you understand what common denominator means then clearly rame lost this one big time! And you have the wingnut Mployee to blame for my return.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I know about common denomenators..   ..  you don't apparently know the difference betweeen cooralation and causation.    

Or the forrest from the trees. 

And blaming mployee on your return is very very weak indeed.    

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In  Evidence shows regardless if Ray is healthy or not, the Celts always lose to the Lakers if the Celts lose the rebounding battle. Mployee flushed me out. He accused me of being ricky. He awakened the sleeping dragon. Ha Ha 
    Posted by Fiercest34

So if the celtics just get some more rebounds they win right?  

8:00 PM ET, February 5, 2009

TD Garden, Boston, MA

Lakers 42 rebs   Boston 47 rebs

Lakers win 110 109

Jun 15, 2008

lakers 37 rebs   boston 40 rebs  

lakers win 103-98

"...the Celts always lose to the Lakers if the Celts lose the rebounding battle."

Feb 26 2006

Lakers 43 rebs  Boston 35 rebs

Boston wins 112 -111

A few more rebounds don't insure a win a few less don't doom you to a loss. 

Other factors - like shooting percentage and opposing team shooting percentage -turnovers, foul shots - can easily, and often do,  overwhelm the advantage of a slight rebounding edge.   

Your rebounding fetish is typical of adolescent fixations.

now please go away

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

To all  My post is simply to show that the league has indeed had a team that won the crown with what was the eqivelent of less than 40 rebounds per game. Everything else is irrelevant in this case.  Seems
    Posted by SeemsToMe

And I agree with you 100%.  You can't set a certain number on rebounds and say we can't win if we don't get to that magic number.  I guarantee you could come up with a stat for every category and say, if we don't get ?? assists no team has ever won a championship. Also  every game in nearly every sport I watch they come up with some new record that hasn't ever been done before.  Sports writers live to come up with that stuff.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts