1992 - 2012 History is starting to repeat itself

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Re: 1992 - 2012 History is starting to repeat itself

Reality is they are not the 8th seed at this point.  How does anyone see them improving?  Play themselves into shape?  Seriously?

We had a hard time last year with young athletic teams.  Now all of those teams have blown past us.  Do you expect them to "turn it on in the playoffs"?

I got news for you there aren't any playoffs in our future.

PA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Pierce taking 16 million and showing up out of shape is a slap in the face.  Lock out or not, he had 16 million reasons to be prepared.  Instead he's chumming it up with reporters about the vacations he took during the off season.  These type of injuries happen because you're out of shape.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Impossible, Kobe is unique, And Pierce is not your favorite Celtics, sure. Doesn't Fierest34 or Fierce34 Why not use Rayest20????? 2 names to Pierce 34s. LOL!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: 1992 - 2012 History is starting to repeat itself:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1992 - 2012 History is starting to repeat itself : Didn't look injured to me tonight. Pierce had 24 points tonight and 21 the previous game. What do you want Pierce to do? You want Pierce to become like Kobe?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I actually think Pierce is going to be fine and play himself into good shape over the next few weeks if he's not hampered by an injury.  Didn't see the game tonight and it just sounded like he was gimping around by the way the post above described him.      

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we lost this game bc there was noone to stop Kevin Durant, EVERYONE on our team missed layups and shots and didnt play good enough defense in crunch time. and Russell Westbrook caught fire in the last 3 minutes against guess who? Ray Allen. to be fair, Ray's defense was good, the shots RW took and made were great. aaand the Thunder are a great young team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1992 - 2012 History is starting to repeat itself : If you want to know why the Celts lost tonight then look no further than the Westbrook-Rondo match-up. Rondo only 2 points in the 4th qtr. again.

lmao..Rajon came within an assist and a rebound of a triple double.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1992 - 2012 History is starting to repeat itself : lmao..Rajon came within an assist and a rebound of a triple double.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Lebron James or Rajon Rondo? Because both of them always come close to a triple double then fade at the end when the pressure is too much. lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

The obvious reason why we are struggling: our team is old, we cannot match with young athletic teams like, Knicks, Heat, Bulls, Pacers, and Thunder we are always beaten on the boards and they keep on running, we need young legs to stop the fastbreak games of our opponent. Our game against the Thunders shows that we can rebound however we can't execute the right play and our defnse in the fourth quarter always falter...Doc should start giving minutes to our new guns for the future. Am still hopeful that CELTICS will be playing in the playoff.....

"No Body Does it Better than the Boston Celtics"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Celtics to me are showing some signs of life.  Pierce in the last couple of games are starting to look better.   Still looks a little hurt.  A little more rest and traning would help.   Rebounding was better.   The team overall does try.   I don't question the effort.  Still way too many easy missed shots/turnovers.   The season should have been 55 games instead of 66 and training camp/preseason should have been longer.  The quality of play through the league so far is poor overall.   I can say one thing.  Thank god I didn't get NBA Broadband on my computer this year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ednr. Show ednr's posts

The only signs of life they're showing is in a cemetery.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Reality is they are not the 8th seed at this point.  How does anyone see them improving?  Play themselves into shape?  Seriously? We had a hard time last year with young athletic teams.  Now all of those teams have blown past us.  Do you expect them to "turn it on in the playoffs"? I got news for you there aren't any playoffs in our future. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

You are probably right.  If the Celtics don't turn things around soon, they won't make the playoffs.  Not making the playoffs will result in a higher draft pick, which really could help the Celtics in the future.   Ending up as the 6th - 8th seed and not making it past the 1st round really isn't an advantage.   I would rather see them miss the playoffs and end up with a chance at a higher draft pick, unless they can really start winning games soon. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1992 - 2012 History is starting to repeat itself : If you want to know why the Celts lost tonight then look no further than the Westbrook-Rondo match-up. Rondo only 2 points in the 4th qtr. again.
    Plus RA being invisible. That's the thing, in none of our games have all members of the big 3 been decent. At least one has always been terrible. There is no consistency anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics to me are showing some signs of life.  Pierce in the last couple of games are starting to look better.   Still looks a little hurt.  A little more rest and traning would help.   Rebounding was better.   The team overall does try.   I don't question the effort.  Still way too many easy missed shots/turnovers.   The season should have been 55 games instead of 66 and training camp/preseason should have been longer.  The quality of play through the league so far is poor overall.   I can say one thing.  Thank god I didn't get NBA Broadband on my computer this year. 
    Posted by TOMAA99999[/QUOTE]

Agree with you that the preseason and training camp should have been longer.
    It would have been better for all teams if this had happened. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts