1st Half: Rondo haters repent what???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

1st Half: Rondo haters repent what???

Once again consistency. Passing up layups and dumping off the ball when at rim. Not into the game for 1st half. One bright spot: 3 pointer to end half. Ok. New bright spot. Rondo finishes 3rd like he played last game. I think he woke up. Nice to see. It should be an interesting 4th. The Cs should dispense of this team tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: 1st Half: Rondo haters repent what???

Wow. What a steal. As a point guard you drive that ball to the basket. With all that speed and quickness Rondo just did not know what to do with the ball once he stole it. Horrible game by Pierce and Rondo. Ugly loss for sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

good to see that your admitting your a Rondo HATER.

at least now i can disregard your posts, knowing there is no objectivity to your post, its biased criticism bc you dont like him and dont want him to succeed.

good luck, hes gunna be around a looong time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Half: Rondo haters repent what???:
    good to see that your admitting your a Rondo HATER. at least now i can disregard your posts, knowing there is no objectivity to your post, its biased criticism bc you dont like him and dont want him to succeed. good luck, hes gunna be around a looong time.
    Posted by JamezHill24

First of all I dont hate but I am not blind to his weakness. CONSISTENCY. Is that too much to ask for? Open your eyes jamez and view him realistically. He has tremendous talent but can't remain focussed. Did you start the original post 'Rondo haters repent'? Most likely you did. Secondly I could care less what you disregard. You keep on watching with closed eyes. The problem seems you can't except truths about him. And thirdly, I hope he is around a long time. All I ask if for him to start playing day in and day out like he can.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Half: Rondo haters repent what??? : First of all I dont hate but I am not blind to his weakness. CONSISTENCY. Is that too much to ask for? Open your eyes jamez and view him realistically. He has tremendous talent but can't remain focussed. Did you start the original post 'Rondo haters repent'? Most likely you did. Secondly I could care less what you disregard. You keep on watching with closed eyes. The problem seems you can't except truths about him. And thirdly, I hope he is around a long time. All I ask if for him to start playing day in and day out like he can.
    Posted by antiqueman1

And all Jamez asks is that you never, ever criticize R9R, no matter how egregious his shortcomings. 

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  He has tremendous talent but can't remain focussed"

Here's the problem with a guy like you. You're completely off the mark. 

let me help you out: 

1. Has Rondo lived up to his draft status? (Where he was drafted)

yes - he has outperformed where he was drafted. 

2. Is his contract (not a max deal) in line with his skills? 

yes, he has outplayed his non-max contract. 

It's really that simple. You're comparing him to all time greats in your mind and then belly aching because he isn't Isaih Thomas or Chris Paul. 

By the way, the reason we lost the game tonight, more than any other, is because Horford played great, dominated inside, and we were outrebounded. 

If Horford continues to play that well, our team will be in trouble. 

Pierce was hurt and still came up with 16 points. Rondo meanwhile didn't have his best game but was 13, 12, 5 and 5, and controlled tempo for good chunks of the game. 

Time to grow up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

"  He has tremendous talent but can't remain focussed" Here's the problem with a guy like you. You're completely off the mark.  let me help you out:  1. Has Rondo lived up to his draft status? (Where he was drafted) yes - he has outperformed where he was drafted.  2. Is his contract (not a max deal) in line with his skills?  yes, he has outplayed his non-max contract.  It's really that simple. You're comparing him to all time greats in your mind and then belly aching because he isn't Isaih Thomas or Chris Paul.  By the way, the reason we lost the game tonight, more than any other, is because Horford played great, dominated inside, and we were outrebounded.  If Horford continues to play that well, our team will be in trouble.  Pierce was hurt and still came up with 16 points. Rondo meanwhile didn't have his best game but was 13, 12, 5 and 5, and controlled tempo for good chunks of the game.  Time to grow up.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

You bore me with your contract and draft status junk. It bares no weight here.  I am not talking about his contract. I am comparing him to himself. I never mentioned any other greats. Period. They lost the game because he and Pierce did not play well. Period. Grow up and open you eyes bts and watch the games and be at least a bit more objective about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Has nothing to do with draft status, contract etc. Has to do with what his capabilities are. He's capable of playing very effective, even sensational PG consistently, but he doesnt.  Not because his shot is off, not because its just one of those days...rather because he chooses not to for some reason.

Look at PP...he has bad games and great ones. The distinction is hes usually always trying to have a great one... Hes still driving or pulling up for his shots..trying to playmake.. Not Rondo... he'll drive consistently and create on his great days...then not drive, walk the ball, dribble it to death  on his worse days... 

This reflects lack effort or discipline imo.  He consistently plays matador defense.. which is really tough to deal with switching off to pick up his man with Bass on our front line.. Did you notice how many dunks/layups the hawks get?? Thats cause all the bigs having to switch and getting lost

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, the game was lost was that Boston never had all five players playing on the same page for defensively and offensively.  Altanta just had way too many wide open shots for the whole nite.

What is wrong with Bradley for the whole nite?  He looked lost on the offense part.  He is the one need to step up offensively for game 6.  Same with Pietrus.

If these two step up along with Allen/Pierce/KG/Rondo all shoot well, they will win easily in game 6!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Has nothing to do with draft status, contract etc. Has to do with what his capabilities are. He's capable of playing very effective, even sensational PG consistently, but he doesnt.  Not because his shot is off, not because its just one of those days...rather because he chooses not to for some reason. Look at PP...he has bad games and great ones. The distinction is hes usually always trying to have a great one... Hes still driving or pulling up for his shots..trying to playmake.. Not Rondo... he'll drive consistently and create on his great days...then not drive, walk the ball, dribble it to death  on his worse days...  This reflects lack effort or discipline imo.  He consistently plays matador defense.. which is really tough to deal with switching off to pick up his man with Bass on our front line.. Did you notice how many dunks/layups the hawks get?? Thats cause all the bigs having to switch and getting lost
    Posted by Karllost

Finally, well put Kallost. Standing ovation for you. The minute you say something bad about Rondo on these boards you get called a troll or trader. Crazy. Great points about his D too. He has all the tools in his belt to be outstanding. I have never denied that. Actually always supported that. Yet some of these Cs fans can't see it. They are blinded by his 3 minutes of greatness to end the 3rd quarter. But they forget it takes all 4 to win a game. He has all the potential, yet just disappears in games. I can't figure out how in one second he can end a quarter like the 3rd, but then come out and do the complete opposite of what just worked great.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

RR is inconsistent.

DA said it last yr.  many agree.

he BEST bring the A game  TH nite  cuz the birds look hungry.

doc  USE THE BENCH!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Half: Rondo haters repent what??? : First of all I dont hate but I am not blind to his weakness. CONSISTENCY. Is that too much to ask for? Open your eyes jamez and view him realistically. He has tremendous talent but can't remain focussed. Did you start the original post 'Rondo haters repent'? Most likely you did. Secondly I could care less what you disregard. You keep on watching with closed eyes. The problem seems you can't except truths about him. And thirdly, I hope he is around a long time. All I ask if for him to start playing day in and day out like he can.
    Posted by antiqueman1

umm you made the post. "Rondo haters repent what." this means "why should we rondo haters repent? we were proven right." 

ive said many times that Rondo has flaws..you want him to be this perfect pg in your mind and bc of it youll never be happy with him. you claim he played horrible last night. he had 13, 12, 5 and 5. in what world is this a horrible game?? the problem is you want spectacular triple double Rondo every single game and if he doesnt get it its not playing well. its unfair criticism.

as for last nites end of game play, watching it over and over, you realize Rondo was trying to set up a play he runs allll the time. Garnett sets the pick, Rondo drives to the left and kicks it back. the problem was, Horford saw it and did a good job defending it. Rondo then should have set himself up for a shot but he fumbled the ball and tried to kick it to KG, it got tipped and thats all she wrote. i refuse to put the entire game on Rondo bc he (after coming up with the improbable steal in the first place) couldnt convert for the win. Remember it was 9 who willed us back into the game in the 3rd wen it was getting out of hand in the first place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Half: Rondo haters repent what??? : umm you made the post. "Rondo haters repent what." this means "why should we rondo haters repent? we were proven right."  ive said many times that Rondo has flaws..you want him to be this perfect pg in your mind and bc of it youll never be happy with him. you claim he played horrible last night. he had 13, 12, 5 and 5. in what world is this a horrible game?? the problem is you want spectacular triple double Rondo every single game and if he doesnt get it its not playing well. its unfair criticism. as for last nites end of game play, watching it over and over, you realize Rondo was trying to set up a play he runs allll the time. Garnett sets the pick, Rondo drives to the left and kicks it back. the problem was, Horford saw it and did a good job defending it. Rondo then should have set himself up for a shot but he fumbled the ball and tried to kick it to KG, it got tipped and thats all she wrote. i refuse to put the entire game on Rondo bc he (after coming up with the improbable steal in the first place) couldnt convert for the win. Remember it was 9 who willed us back into the game in the 3rd wen it was getting out of hand in the first place.
    Posted by JamezHill24

My post title was in reference to whomever started the original: Rondo haters repent. Scroll down the list to find it.

Just because Rondo had a spectacular game 3 does not allow him to be removed from Celts discussion boards. That was one game. In game 1 he lost his cool at the worst time. Ejected. Game 2. Suspended. Cs win without him. Game 3. Spectacluar. Game 4. Good. Cs survive. Game 5. Inconsistent. I suspect in game 6 he will be stellar again.

I don't expect him to be perfect. No one is. Never said that. Never implied that. I don't even care about the triple doubles. I leave that to all the stat junkies. However, he was like 6-17shooting. I never said he blew the game. I wish he at least got off a shot. I have always supported Rondo. I just want him to show up to play every night like he is capable of. And he does not do that. He disappears. And I am not the only one who thinks it so maybe there is something to what I am saying.

As for the final play. Rondo had no time to set up a play. With no timeouts and that great steal, you drive to the hoop. Not set up a play. He had Smith backpeddling and with one quick juke he is headed to the middle of the lane, not the sidelines. With all his speed and quickness, that was what I was hoping for.  That is all I am saying. The Celts lost that game. Not Rondo.

Jamez. What happened to that Rondo that ended the 3rd quarter or will the Cs back? He was great. And then he went back to being average or below at times. Rondo could have taken over that 4th. And that is what I was looking for Jamez. He can take over and should have with Pierce being lame on the knee.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Half: Rondo haters repent what??? : My post title was in reference to whomever started the original: Rondo haters repent. Scroll down the list to find it. Just because Rondo had a spectacular game 3 does not allow him to be removed from Celts discussion boards. That was one game. In game 1 he lost his cool at the worst time. Ejected. Game 2. Suspended. Cs win without him. Game 3. Spectacluar. Game 4. Good. Cs survive. Game 5. Inconsistent. I suspect in game 6 he will be stellar again. I don't expect him to be perfect. No one is. Never said that. Never implied that. I don't even care about the triple doubles. I leave that to all the stat junkies. However, he was like 6-17shooting. I never said he blew the game. I wish he at least got off a shot. I have always supported Rondo. I just want him to show up to play every night like he is capable of. And he does not do that. He disappears. And I am not the only one who thinks it so maybe there is something to what I am saying. As for the final play. Rondo had no time to set up a play. With no timeouts and that great steal, you drive to the hoop. Not set up a play. He had Smith backpeddling and with one quick juke he is headed to the middle of the lane, not the sidelines. With all his speed and quickness, that was what I was hoping for.  That is all I am saying. The Celts lost that game. Not Rondo. Jamez. What happened to that Rondo that ended the 3rd quarter or will the Cs back? He was great. And then he went back to being average or below at times. Rondo could have taken over that 4th. And that is what I was looking for Jamez. He can take over and should have with Pierce being lame on the knee.
    Posted by antiqueman1

i can live with that post. that was you being objective, not a hater. however, concerning your inconsistent claim, remember Rondo is leading the playoffs in points, assists, and rebounds contribution. LEADING. meaning noone is contributing to their team as much as him. thats pretty good. and pretty consistent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

There's probably 15 point guards in the league, that know if they steal the ball with 9 seconds on the clock and no time outs left, to take the ball to the hole, you can't set up a play, you don't get forced to the corner by a 6' 10 " guy, you take the ball to the rim as fast as you can. You either get a lay up, or you get fouled, or you dish to a team mate for a shot when they double team you.Rondo has been good enough to do that since the 10th grade. He probably couldn't even tell you what he was trying to do!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Half: Rondo haters repent what??? : i can live with that post. that was you being objective, not a hater. however, concerning your inconsistent claim, remember Rondo is leading the playoffs in points, assists, and rebounds contribution. LEADING. meaning noone is contributing to their team as much as him. thats pretty good. and pretty consistent.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Thanks. I don't hate. I dislike the word entirely. Again, you are missing my point: Rondo's number are great and I am not disputing them. He is just inconsistent. Almost inconsistenly consistent, if that makes sense. In other words, you don't know which Rondo is going to show up. But I will bet in game 6, it will be the Rondo from game 3. Enjoy Jamez.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

There's probably 15 point guards in the league, that know if they steal the ball with 9 seconds on the clock and no time outs left, to take the ball to the hole, you can't set up a play, you don't get forced to the corner by a 6' 10 " guy, you take the ball to the rim as fast as you can. You either get a lay up, or you get fouled, or you dish to a team mate for a shot when they double team you.Rondo has been good enough to do that since the 10th grade. He probably couldn't even tell you what he was trying to do!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Exactly. Take it to the hole, you are the point guard. But again, I don't and never did blame Rondo for this loss. The Cs failed to close out this series during game 5. But I feel they will in game 6.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Half: Rondo haters repent what??? : Exactly. Take it to the hole, you are the point guard. But again, I don't and never did blame Rondo for this loss. The Cs failed to close out this series during game 5. But I feel they will in game 6.
    Posted by antiqueman1

They better treat game 6, like it's a game 7, i wouldn't want to play a game 7 in Atlanta with Horford getting better with every game played!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Well, the game was lost was that Boston never had all five players playing on the same page for defensively and offensively.  Altanta just had way too many wide open shots for the whole nite. What is wrong with Bradley for the whole nite?  He looked lost on the offense part.  He is the one need to step up offensively for game 6.  Same with Pietrus. If these two step up along with Allen/Pierce/KG/Rondo all shoot well, they will win easily in game 6!
    Posted by GoUconn13

Al Horford really made a difference in game 5.  Bradley, Ray and Pierce aren't even close to 100%.  The Celtics are going to have a difficult time winning  tomorroe  if all 3 of these players are still having injury problems.

Sections
Shortcuts