1st Rounders in 2015 and 2016

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

1st Rounders in 2015 and 2016

Jeff Goodman ✔ @GoodmanESPN
    2015 class fairly mediocre - but 2016 class looks really strong at top: Jayson Tatum, Malik Monk, Thon Maker, Harry Giles, Josh Jackson, etc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: 1st Rounders in 2015 and 2016

Good to have two 1st rounders in 2015 and three 1st rounders in 2016.

Celts don't have to get the #1 pick, just draft wisely.

Sooner or later the Celts will end up with another Paul Pierce or star player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

From what I saw from the McDs all American game, there were 4 top prospects 3 of them 5s and 4s. Okafor , Towns Jr. and Alexander(who already looks like the Mailman in his prime physically). I do agree with the drafting wisely over hoping for position you mentioned in an earlier post. Remember SA has been in the playoffs 17 straight years but have only been in the lottery once since 1997-98. They have won 5 titles in those 17 years so avoiding the playoffs to get better doesn't fly. Drafting wisely and knowing value from hype in dealings with other team has surpassed the modus operendi of teams that seem to perpetually in the lottery. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

DA should waste no time dealing rondo to sacramento for mclemore and picks or might just find a 3rd team to facilitate this trade

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

From what I saw from the McDs all American game, there were 4 top prospects 3 of them 5s and 4s. Okafor , Towns Jr. and Alexander(who already looks like the Mailman in his prime physically). I do agree with the drafting wisely over hoping for position you mentioned in an earlier post. Remember SA has been in the playoffs 17 straight years but have only been in the lottery once since 1997-98. They have won 5 titles in those 17 years so avoiding the playoffs to get better doesn't fly. Drafting wisely and knowing value from hype in dealings with other team has surpassed the modus operendi of teams that seem to perpetually in the lottery. 

[/QUOTE]

Celts must also be smart and not try to be a middle of the pack team.

If the Celts end up with 30 wins or more, Okafor and Towns will not be available.

The only reason why the Celts won 25 games last season is because of Bass and Hump.

Bass and Hump contributed at least 5 wins for the Celts last season.

This season, the Celts should focus on playing and developing the young guys.

I don't believe in intentionally losing games.

That's not the tanking we want.

What I want to see is more of Oly, Sully, Smaht, and Zeller.

Let Bass, Thornton, and Wallace come off the bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DA should waste no time dealing rondo to sacramento for mclemore and picks or might just find a 3rd team to facilitate this trade

[/QUOTE]

Right now I think the Celts must wait until the trade deadline to trade Rondo.

I mean if McLemore and picks is the best offer then I'd rather pass and wait until the season to trade Rondo.

There will be teams out there who will offer more once they see Rondo playing at a high level this coming season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Celts must also be smart and not try to be a middle of the pack team.

If the Celts end up with 30 wins or more, Okafor and Towns will not be available.

The only reason why the Celts won 25 games last season is because of Bass and Hump.

Bass and Hump contributed at least 5 wins for the Celts last season.

This season, the Celts should focus on playing and developing the young guys.

I don't believe in intentionally losing games.

That's not the tanking we want.

What I want to see is more of Oly, Sully, Smaht, and Zeller.

Let Bass, Thornton, and Wallace come off the bench.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, develop the youngsters play them win or loss not only for high draft picks but to improve their game for the future, once their confidence are up consistency will follow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to bangkoker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree, develop the youngsters play them win or loss not only for high draft picks but to improve their game for the future, once their confidence are up consistency will follow.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

[/QUOTE]

and brad stevens is the man to do it...i just love the guy...he cares about everybody on the roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

[/QUOTE]

and brad stevens is the man to do it...i just love the guy...he cares about everybody on the roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Right now I think the Celts must wait until the trade deadline to trade Rondo.

I mean if McLemore and picks is the best offer then I'd rather pass and wait until the season to trade Rondo.

There will be teams out there who will offer more once they see Rondo playing at a high level this coming season.

the scariest part is the more we wait the lesser value we might get in return for rondo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

the scariest part is the more we wait the lesser value we might get in return for rondo.

[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, if Rondo plays well in November, December, and January, his value would go up, way up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, if Rondo plays well in November, December, and January, his value would go up, way up!

[/QUOTE]

+1.  Trading Rondo during or after the season will net us a better deal, if that is the route we go.  There is always a shot that he will watch FA/draft next year to see who we add to the team before he would sign elsewhere.  At that point, he may stay and sign with Boston if we have a nice player or two to add around him.

Started watching the Celtics in the 80's when I was a kid, and have been a fan ever since...have watched them hoist four banners into the rafters in my life time, and always cheering for more...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

What if he doesn't? I mean i get your point but what i'm trying to say is... what if smart outplays rondo? I think his value would go down if smart pans out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In 2015 Id be looking at Stanley Johnson SF  6'7" (and still growing) 7' wingspan. High IQ, Skilled scorer, excellent passer, very good athlete. Ranked in the top 6 for this draft.  He could be the Celtics future SF and go-to scorer.  Similar skill set to Jabari Parker but a better defender, and not an ounce of pudge on him, slightly worse 3 pt shooter.

In 2016 go after the big man, Thon Maker!  He is the next franchise altering player available. Not Okafor or Towns.  They are very good, but closer to...Demarcus Cousins level players.  Maker is the next Duncan/Shaq/A. Davis type generational talent. A true game changer. 

A young core of Smart, Young, Stanley Johnson, Sully/Olynyk, Thon Maker is a perfectly balanced team with inside scoring, shooting, passing, speed, size, rebounding, defense, and length.  Brad Stevens can put it all together and get the most out of these guys. That is a true future championship contending team. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    What if he doesn't? I mean i get your point what i'm trying to say is what if smart outplays rondo. I think his value would go down if smart pans out.

[/QUOTE]I could easily see this happening... that Smart outplays Rondo, the team reacts more positively to his leadership and Rondo begins to unwind, unhappy with contract talks and the competition at starting PG position.

Maybe management handles this by keeping tight reigns on Smart while trying to arrange an amicable divorce.

Not easy considering Rondo's distrust of DA.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this goes well with your saying that we should also not be a middle of the pack or better.

Maybe the draft system will change so that worse record would not matter so much soon and having many picks is what you want to have and/or Lebron jumps chip after one year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this goes well with your saying that we should also not be a middle of the pack or better.

Maybe the draft system will change so that worse record would not matter so much soon and having many picks is what you want to have and/or Lebron jumps chip after one year.

[/QUOTE]

Even if they change the Lottery it won't happen for a year or two. Hopefully they don't change it in the next two years that we will be in the lottery.  As soon as they make it so every team in the bottom 14 has the same chances, you just know the Celtics will NEVER AGAIN get a top 10 pick.  In the current system at least they can position themselves to be in the top 5 or 6 and the NBA can't do much about it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What if he doesn't? I mean i get your point what i'm trying to say is what if smart outplays rondo. I think his value would go down if smart pans out.

[/QUOTE]I could easily see this happening... that Smart outplays Rondo, the team reacts more positively to his leadership and Rondo begins to unwind, unhappy with contract talks and the competition at starting PG position.

Maybe management handles this by keeping tight reigns on Smart while trying to arrange an amicable divorce.

Not easy considering Rondo's distrust of DA.

Pud

[/QUOTE]
    that's exactly my point. Da will be forced to take lesser value in return for rondo if that happens. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would trade Rondo as soon as possible.  If we're gonna be bad, let's at least do it right this time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would trade Rondo as soon as possible.  If we're gonna be bad, let's at least do it right this time.

[/QUOTE]

^ agree with this a hundred percent. Right now this looks like a 30 win team if everyone is healthy. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even if they change the Lottery it won't happen for a year or two. Hopefully they don't change it in the next two years that we will be in the lottery.  As soon as they make it so every team in the bottom 14 has the same chances, you just know the Celtics will NEVER AGAIN get a top 10 pick.  In the current system at least they can position themselves to be in the top 5 or 6 and the NBA can't do much about it. 

[/QUOTE]

I want them to change.  We have 9-10 picks in 4 years, unless we are tanking for top 3 picks, having many picks give us better chance than anyone else if they are all equally likely.  The Nets hopefully won't make the playoffs for many of the picks we got from them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

It's all about Rondo @!

Should he stay or should he go now, if he goes there will be trouble, and if he stays there will be double, but ya gotta let us know, will Rondo stay or will he go........Joe Strummer R.I.P.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Looking at 2015 lottery picks is presumptuous w/o the balls to back you up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Building through the draft will we hard because of where we select, during the building time we will develop a loser mentality, and we most likely will lose a good coach back to the college ranks.