2011-2012 without NBA Basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

2011-2012 without NBA Basketball

Given Stern's non compromising and contentious position to bust the union, I believe it is highly likely that we will not have any NBA basketball next season.

If true, I also believe that it will hurt the Celtics more than any other team in the NBA, since it is another year of physical age for the big three and JON...

Injured players, like Bynum, Oden/Roy have more time to heal, Artest more time to commit a felony, and BBD more time to get fat.

On the positive side, maybe Rondo can work relentlessly to improve his jumper and foul shots. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: 2011-2012 without NBA Basketball

I believe it may actually help the C's. As long as they are playing by Jan it may help an older team. Guys can play bball anywhere together unlike football. You know the C's will get together and play to stay in shape.

A shortened season for this team is a good thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We will most likely have a season, could be replacements but I hope not.  The teams have toooooo  much invested to let this thing fall apart.  President of the United States might use his influence and make the right decision to have a season supported by the republicians and the tea party.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

There will be a season. I think the flex cap would work if it is 5 mil higher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I heard "Sir Charles" (love that guy) on the Dan Patrick Show today.....Chuck thinks the season will be lost.....hard to believe.....of course, Chuck isn't right very often but still....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

A lockout favors the Celtics.  It would mean Howard can't be traded and would become a free agant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: 2011-2012 without NBA Basketball:
    I heard "Sir Charles" (love that guy) on the Dan Patrick Show today.....Chuck thinks the season will be lost.....hard to believe.....of course, Chuck isn't right very often but still....
    Posted by Duke4

I didn't hear him, but they mentioned this on ESPN.  He isn't always right, but everything that I have read and heard before the season ended suggests that it is a good possibility that their won't be a season next year.  It would be very disappointing to me and many other NBA fans. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: 2011-2012 without NBA Basketball:
    I believe it may actually help the C's. As long as they are playing by Jan it may help an older team. Guys can play bball anywhere together unlike football. You know the C's will get together and play to stay in shape. A shortened season for this team is a good thing.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I heard Chris Mannix talking about this today. If their was a shortened season, I am not sure how many games they would be playing.  He mentioned that their would be a lot of back to back games and this wouldn't be good for the Celtics or any team with a lot of older players. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I am surprised that their haven't been many responses to this thread.  What thoughts to posters have about the possibility that their is not an NBA season next year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Oh well.  If there is no basketball and football then I will find something else to do.  Many of these player contracts are over bloated anyway for marginal talent.  I feel that you need me and I don't need you. 

Sections
Shortcuts