2011 Draft: What About Jeremy Tyler?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

2011 Draft: What About Jeremy Tyler?

Jeremy Tyler, 6-10, 255, PF-C, Tokyo Apache (Japan)

The top prospect in the class of 2010 at the end of his junior year became a mystery after forgoing his senior year in high school for a struggling pro stint in Israel. He ended up playing in the lesser Japan league. Turns 20 on Tuesday and has a lot of size, athleticism and upside.

An NBA scout’s take: “The kid is much bigger and athletic than I expected.”

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: 2011 Draft: What About Jeremy Tyler?

Heard he was the next Chris Webber, but also heard he's a head case.  A year with Doc and KG may straighten him out...........but it may not.

I think Vucevic fills a role.  And if they don't like anyone, they should take Miritoc, who can't play this year, but they say has lottery-level talent!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Vucevic and Jordan williams look like stiffs though..but, I thought the same of UNC Hansbrough and he is a hard worker...who knows.. I hope whoever we pick, defeats Ainge 6% odds and at least contributes!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Kwame brown prob isn't the worst comparison, but if Tyler doesn't turn into an alcoholic, that's not such a bad thing for a low 1st rounder. Plus Tyler has 2 more years of pro experience than Brown did when he was picked 1st overall. We passed on DeAndre Jordan for JR Giddens. Jordan might have helped us to two more championships already. Tyler could develop into a great bench player at the least.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

like you said, he has pro ball experience.meaning the learning curve is short. .like that kid in Milwaulke.Jennings???...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Bleacher report mock draft has the C's taking Tyler at 25!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Kansas City Star has the C's taking Tyler in the 1st round!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Had DA not traded Erden, we wouldn't have to be scrambling for a back-up center to JON. Well, it's all water under the bridge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Turn the draft choice with a player into a trade for a good vet, doc will breath beter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Tyler would be a good pick.  It satisfies our biggest need right now.  He would not be pressed to start right away but he would get considerable time when you factor in JON's health.

He has tremendouse upside and if he was able to show some maturity learning from our veterans, I think he could turn into a serviceable center.

Folks speak of Kwame Brown but when you look at centers in the NBA, there just aren't that many out there.  And you just can't underestimate the experience of playing 2 years of professional ball overseas.

He still has alot to learn and with the right mindset, he could help us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Jeremy Tyler You Tube:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/jeremy-tyler-mix-1-player-of-class-of-2010/e272e18464c22a664119e272e18464c22a664119-990839505914?q=jeremy+tyler+you+tube&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR9

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

SI is also stating the C's will select J. Tyler at 25!

"You can't teach size, as they say, and Tyler fits that bill. He has measured well, comported himself well and is believed to be a project that the Celtics are hoping to take on. Tyler, to review, skipped his final year at San Diego High School and had a disastrous experience playing in Israel before doing moderately better in a subpar league in Japan. He was billed as a lottery-type talent not too long ago."

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

I didn't realize NESN was part of the public housing package

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Based on what I am reading, it is likely to be Tyler, at # 25!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I just hope that Danny Ainge doesn't blow another draft. Outside of drafting Erden, He hasn't had any success since the C's won the title in '08. During the lean years I would share my frustrations of the Celtics draft picks and player movements with my friends. I would tell them that the C's were so bad at picking players that one day they were going to draft Bette Midler just to sell tickets. While this would never happen, I would really like it if Ainge were to draft based on the consensus of Celtics fans (who are the most knowledgeable fans in the NBA). If he had done that Boston would have drafted Deandre Jordan and James Anderson. We definitely don't need another JR Giddens...