2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year

Ever since I first started contacting the Celtics front office on players that I felt they should draft (Jalen Rose with the C's 1st round pick and Lawrence Funderburke with their 2nd round pick back in '94) I have remained committed (and probably should be) to reading scouting reports for guys that I felt would be a good fit for the Celtics. Sorry guys, Kobe Bryant was one of them. Other notables: Zach Randolph and Tony Parker in '01, Rudy Gay in '06, Lee Humphrey(FL) '08 (Ainge had me beat here with Erden), Chris Daniels (Texas A&M-Corpus Christi), Garrett Siler. Obviously they haven't all panned out. Most recently I have wanted Boston to draft Deandre Jordan, I first wanted Serge Ibaka or Nathan Jawai until I saw Jordan drop, last year I thought for sure that Boston would select James Anderson or Damion James. This year my pick is...Keith Benson. I would be thrilled if Boston could pick up Bismack Biyombo and Keith Benson but I don't believe that will happen. I'd select Benson over Biyombo if both players are available.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekNfbYNNswU

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year

Marshon Brooks 6' 5'' guard-forward out of Providence scores with easy ability, dropped 52 against Notre Dame and 44 against Georgetown

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year:
    In Response to Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year : It would be great if Chris Kaman becomes our starting Center next season. If the Celts can get Kaman for Davis and Krstic then I'm all for it. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Or Kaman in Sign & Trade for Baby, Sheed and a second/first round draft pick?  I remembered reading somewhere that Sheed could not have un-retired and got traded for 1-year.  The Clips get some pieces and save big on money.  Should appeal to Donald Sterling.  The Celts get a center whose contract expires in 2012.

The Celts have to trade approx $9.8M in contract to get Kaman under the current rules.  That means Baby gets $3+M contract.  The numbers match.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year : I'd even throw in a pick. I just started a thread on that. The best part is his 1 year deal, we can offer Howard the max still, or just fall back to Kaman w/ maybe a lil cap room left. I think Danny has to decide asap if howard is a possibility.... b/c I personally think we have 1 more run... I wonder what KG and/or Ray could bring back in **wink wink** expiring contract tpo save someone money type move... where they are immediately bought out and return her efor the vet minimum. such a move would of course kill our 2012 cap space
    Posted by rameakap

Yes, **wink wink**.  Depends upon how much the Celts want to spend this year.  Also, other than 2012 cap space, this may also not work if the season is cut short.  There may not be enough time to wait 30 days and then gel as a team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Avery will get some PT,Kaman is as in good as knee shape as JO. As for bigs in order 1 TYson Chandler above and beyond. 2 Sam Delembert Would thrive in our system not as young but he could be very effective with us.3 Give Murph a real shot,or maybe Chris Wilcox or Krstic  As far as the list I got off ESPN Kaman isn't a FA until next year. Benson is a valid idea maybe even in the second round the kid from Richmond Harper? is a possibility.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Jeremy Tyler for the short and long-term C/PF. 19 yo with significantly more upside than DeAndre Jordan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

They haven't hired you yet;-) Benson will get tossed around like a rag doll for 1-2 years but could eventually be like JaVale McGee. By the time he is (after 20lbs of muscle) the window to win is over. Guys like Biyombo are so hit and miss. For every Ibaka there is a Thabeet. If we can sign and trade Baby and (even if not part of that move) score an upgrade at PF for the last gasp title run... then you can stick Benson or Biyombo in the D-league w/ Avery next year. Like we should have done with DeAndre. I'dpersonally like Ainge to trade the pick as part of his grand scheme to upgrade the roster w/ solid winning vets (that still have gas in the tank) to help us win a title...
    Posted by rameakap

If Benson were to gain 15-20 lbs he would make a solid Center but I believe that he is a natural PF. The great thing is that there will be a few good players available for Boston. The bad thing is that Ainge has a bad habit of not picking them! He'll probably select a guy who will never see the light of day like Giddens (over Deandre Jordan) and Bradley (over James Anderson and Damion James).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Jeremy Tyler for the short and long-term C/PF. 19 yo with significantly more upside than DeAndre Jordan.
    Posted by arodrambone

I forgot about this kid. Interesting story: skipped his last year in high school to become a pro overseas. So far he has done horribly. Incredible talent but no discipline, poor work ethic, and poor fundamentals. You would think that he was a kid straight out of High School. Oh yeah, he is.  He could be a steal for Boston. Working with three future Hall of Famers could get his *ss in gear. It's a tough one with this kid. Could take several years to get to his potential but he would still be better than what Boston had after the trade of Perkins and Erden. I would still go with either Biyombo or Benson. I really like Benson who could be used as a replacement for KG but that gaping hole in Boston's interior makes a guy like Biyombo a necessity. If Ainge were to pick up Dwight Howard or Deandre Jordan I would select Benson over Biyombo as Boston really needs to shore up their entire front court. Heck I would even sign Stephane Lasme to relieve Paul Pierce and bring back that skinny Center that played for Boston after the Perkins trade. I can't remember his name but he provided a lot of hustle and athleticism and he came from the D-league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/705027-2011-nba-mock-draft-what-will-the-first-round-look-like-after-lottery-surprises/entry/84539-2011-nba-mock-draft-lottery-and-entire-first-round-who-will-celtics-select
    Boston has a chance to get a steal out of this draft. Jeremy Tyler could be a huge steal as he was once projected to be the 1st player picked in this draft. Obviously I like Biyombo and Benson. I don't believe that Biyombo will be available but Trey Thompkins, Keith Benson, Jeremy Tyler, Jordan Williams, Jajuan Johnson,and Justin Harper should be. The most difficult thing for Boston is that it's not just the center position that needs to be filled as KG and Pierce are not getting any younger. We have seen both players become inconsistent which is normal for aging players. Given Boston's huge weakness in the front court I fully expect for Danny Ainge to select a guard perhaps Josh Selby, Shelvin Mack, or Marshon Brooks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Greg Smith looks like a monster. He too would be a great pick. It would be great if Ainge were to buy somebody's number 2 pick to get him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I'm not as impressed by kaman as some are.  He's had a history of injuries, doesn't possess the shooting percentage you'd like from a center, and I think isn't worth the cost of Davis, Krstic, plus.  Krstic has a better shot and statistically isn't far away from Kaman, and he's already here.  Trading Davis with whomever should answer a need/deficiency not just be lateral move that actually removes a player that has some potential game value.  A two-fer in this case isn't that attractive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I'm not as impressed by kaman as some are.  He's had a history of injuries, doesn't possess the shooting percentage you'd like from a center, and I think isn't worth the cost of Davis, Krstic, plus.  Krstic has a better shot and statistically isn't far away from Kaman, and he's already here.  Trading Davis with whomever should answer a need/deficiency not just be lateral move that actually removes a player that has some potential game value.  A two-fer in this case isn't that attractive.
    Posted by painter

Defense is nothing but an unconfirmed rumor to Krstic, Baby is um... a Baby.

Kaman on the other hand was an all-star 2 years ago......

as was explored in several threads yesterday....

people tend to vastly overvalue players in Green and undervalue those not wearing Green..... yet another case - thanks for confirming it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I also wish that Ainge would bring Stephane Lasme on board. Having Keith Benson (PF), Trey Thompkins/Greg Smith (C), and Stephane Lasme(SF) would give Boston a solid front court. Since this is going to be a bridge year to when Danny Ainge will have tons of money to offer for guys like Dwight Howard these young guys (including Avery Bradley) will have the opportunity to gain experience under KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I also wish that Ainge would bring Stephane Lasme on board. Having Keith Benson (PF), Trey Thompkins/Greg Smith (C), and Stephane Lasme(SF) would give Boston a solid front court. Since this is going to be a bridge year to when Danny Ainge will have tons of money to offer for guys like Dwight Howard these young guys (including Avery Bradley) will have the opportunity to gain experience under KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen. 
    Posted by guyfromtex

Is crack expensive in Texas?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Don't know buddy. You're asking the wrong person. I suggest that you get off the stuff and get some help. Asking someone online for drugs is not a smart thing to do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Don't know buddy. You're asking the wrong person. I suggest that you get off the stuff and get some help. Asking someone online for drugs is not a smart thing to do.
    Posted by guyfromtex

I didn't ask you for drugs..... I was wondering how much of it you need to be smoking to suggest that 3 no name guys one of which didn't even get drafted could be mentioned in the same sentence that includes the words "solid front court", one can only assume by solid front court you mean that absolutely worst front court in the league....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year : I didn't ask you for drugs..... I was wondering how much of it you need to be smoking to suggest that 3 no name guys one of which didn't even get drafted could be mentioned in the same sentence that includes the words "solid front court", one can only assume by solid front court you mean that absolutely worst front court in the league....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

That really means a lot to me coming from a guy who thinks that Westbrook is the second coming of Christ! I think that crack has really done a number on you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'll take this opportunity to keep campaigning for my guys:
    Biyombo
    Noguiera
    maybe Jordan Williams
    Mamadou Diarra

All big, defensive, athletic rebounders and shot blockers (except Williams, who I hear isn't all that athletic)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I want bebe nogueira an Carlitos Delfino.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 NBA Draft-my pick for this year : That really means a lot to me coming from a guy who thinks that Westbrook is the second coming of Christ! I think that crack has really done a number on you.
    Posted by guyfromtex

There is a big difference between thinking someone is the second coming of Christ and stating something that I think most objective people are also saying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Ok, texas guy, you've told us all the guys who succeeded that you predicted.  Can you be honest and tell us of some guys that you requested who bombed out of the nba?  Surely you're honest enough to do that.

The skinny guy was chris johnson, and I saw him getting minutes for another team (was it NO?) after the c's dropped him.

Sections
Shortcuts