2012 free agent watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

2012 free agent watch

I like :

Kevin Love ( max contract ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-syAsJFAw&feature=fvst

Kosta Koufos - quality back-up center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUZZJy3JFmE

Omer Asik - quality back-up center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo5hPhUqKow&feature=fvst

Jason Terry - 2-3 year contract ( he's like Reggie Miller )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMY6cqd8al0&feature=related

Roy Hibbert - max contract guy IMO and unlikely to break away from Indy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBiZe9Nwm4I

K.G. - 8 mil for 2 years

Ray Allen - 7 mil for 2 years

Pietrus- 6 mil

Bass- 4-6 mil

Chauncey Billups

Reggie Evans

Carlos Delfino

DeShawn Stevenson

Marco Belinelli

Jared Jeffries

Nick Young

Jamal Crawford

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: 2012 free agent watch

We can't have them all so Terry is an alternative to Ray Allen. Same ages!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 free agent watch:
    [QUOTE]Koufos rhymes with dufus. Jason Terry is old, very old! If we don't get Dwight Howard we should build through the draft. The other 2012 free-agents are not worth it.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

KEVIN LOVE NOT WORTH A MAX CONTRACT?!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2012 free agent watch : KEVIN LOVE NOT WORTH A MAX CONTRACT?!!
    Posted by spewey[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I chose to ignore that statement. DUMB!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Good points, you just included all 2012 free agents in your earlier comments.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Omer Asik would be a very good guy to have at center. Unless by some miracle we get Dwight.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Dwight Howard..lol i wish.

need a young athletic center like him or DeAndre Jordans build.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/david_aldridge/01/16/few-extensions-for-players/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1 Don't miss the "Dribbles" section on Jeff Green in the above link. A Sample: The Wizards, according to sources, have long coveted Green, who played locally at Georgetown and who would provide some desperately needed maturity and young experience next season for one of the league's most callow teams. Assuming the Wizards use their amnesty provision next summer to free themselves from the final season of Rashard Lewis's contract -- $22.69 million -- they'd be in prime position to give Green a big payday, assuming everything checks out post-operation. And if the Nets, say, lose out in the Dwight Howard-Deron Williams sweepstakes, they'll have a lot of flexibility, too. JaVale McGee, Wizards (18th) The Wizards would like to lock up McGee, who is second in the league in blocks at 3.2 per game, 10th in rebounds (10.1 per game) and has shown improvement at the offensive end. But at 1-11, Washington is not anxious to put big money into any of its players. The Wizards have learned from extending underachieving Andray Blatche a couple of years ago that paying for potential is not the way to go for a team that has so much rebuilding yet to do. That means while McGee and his agent, B.J. Armstrong, are surely looking at the four-year, $43 million that the Clippers gave DeAndre Jordan by matching the Warriors' offer sheet in December as a reference point, the Wizards aren't inclined to go anywhere near that kind of yearly outlay ; witness their unwillingness to offer restricted free agent Nick Young anything more than a one-year, $3.7 million qualifying offer , which he wound up signing. Barring an 11th-hour compromise from one side or the other, the Wizards will let McGee and Armstrong find a market this summer and then decide whether to match any offers he receives.   Nicolas Batum, Blazers (25th) Batum's agent, Bouna Ndaiye, met with the Blazers in San Antonio this weekend. Both sides have expressed interest in getting a deal done, but the Blazers have a problem : Gerald Wallace indicated last week that he would probably play out his option and become a free agent this summer. That means Portland will have two small forwards to sign. How much can Portland put into one position? "I have an idea of what I want, but I want to see what they come up with," Ndaiye said before the meeting. "There's another factor -- Gerald. I don't know if you can pay both." Paul Allen won’t throw around big money, not after taking a hard-line stance in the labor talks. Wallace is the better player, but he’ll also command a higher salary. With Crawford all but certain to opt-out and Felton an unrestricted free agent this summer, Portland will either open the checkbook or watch a few players walk.   All potential sihnees for the C's ... McGee, Wallace & Crawford
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    I have liked McGee for awhile and hope the C's go hard after him. Green and his agent are saying all the right things but if Delonte bailed on his 2 biggest supporters in the NBA after Doc & DA gave him a second chance and he was either injured or suspeneded for most of the year, then I don't expect Green to feel obligated or be loyal and resign with the Celts next year either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/david_aldridge/01/16/few-extensions-for-players/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1 Don't miss the "Dribbles" section on Jeff Green in the above link. A Sample: The Wizards, according to sources, have long coveted Green, who played locally at Georgetown and who would provide some desperately needed maturity and young experience next season for one of the league's most callow teams. Assuming the Wizards use their amnesty provision next summer to free themselves from the final season of Rashard Lewis's contract -- $22.69 million -- they'd be in prime position to give Green a big payday, assuming everything checks out post-operation. And if the Nets, say, lose out in the Dwight Howard-Deron Williams sweepstakes, they'll have a lot of flexibility, too. JaVale McGee, Wizards (18th) The Wizards would like to lock up McGee, who is second in the league in blocks at 3.2 per game, 10th in rebounds (10.1 per game) and has shown improvement at the offensive end. But at 1-11, Washington is not anxious to put big money into any of its players. The Wizards have learned from extending underachieving Andray Blatche a couple of years ago that paying for potential is not the way to go for a team that has so much rebuilding yet to do. That means while McGee and his agent, B.J. Armstrong, are surely looking at the four-year, $43 million that the Clippers gave DeAndre Jordan by matching the Warriors' offer sheet in December as a reference point, the Wizards aren't inclined to go anywhere near that kind of yearly outlay ; witness their unwillingness to offer restricted free agent Nick Young anything more than a one-year, $3.7 million qualifying offer , which he wound up signing. Barring an 11th-hour compromise from one side or the other, the Wizards will let McGee and Armstrong find a market this summer and then decide whether to match any offers he receives.   Nicolas Batum, Blazers (25th) Batum's agent, Bouna Ndaiye, met with the Blazers in San Antonio this weekend. Both sides have expressed interest in getting a deal done, but the Blazers have a problem : Gerald Wallace indicated last week that he would probably play out his option and become a free agent this summer. That means Portland will have two small forwards to sign. How much can Portland put into one position? "I have an idea of what I want, but I want to see what they come up with," Ndaiye said before the meeting. "There's another factor -- Gerald. I don't know if you can pay both." Paul Allen won’t throw around big money, not after taking a hard-line stance in the labor talks. Wallace is the better player, but he’ll also command a higher salary. With Crawford all but certain to opt-out and Felton an unrestricted free agent this summer, Portland will either open the checkbook or watch a few players walk.   All potential sihnees for the C's ... McGee, Wallace & Crawford
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Shades of 2010. McGee, Wallace, and Crawford, just like your Rudy Fernandez, Josh Childress, and Brendan Haywood fantasy, no?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Am I the only one that likes Mahinmi?  Rebounds, rebounds and rebounds  - we can get the scorers later!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In addition,  last week I also listed FA's I think we should go after:
    Asik
    Foye
    DWill
    G Wallace
    Mahinmi
    RFA's
    Brandon Rush
    Nick Young
    OJ Mayo
    Love
    Batum
    Jason Thompson

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2012 free agent watch : I have liked McGee for awhile and hope the C's go hard after him. Green and his agent are saying all the right things but if Delonte bailed on his 2 biggest supporters in the NBA after Doc & DA gave him a second chance and he was either injured or suspeneded for most of the year, then I don't expect Green to feel obligated or be loyal and resign with the Celts next year either.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

Comparing Delonte to Jeff is an insult to Mr. Green. If ther Celtics had done for you what they've done for JG, wouldn't you honor their effort? Or, are you and Delonte more alike than you'd care to admit?

Sections
Shortcuts