2013-2014 Celticsseason projections (early i know)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

2013-2014 Celticsseason projections (early i know)

I know i've never been invovled with the C's forum but since the season is starting i think its time to get on this cuz i love my C's.

Season Outlook: First off, I love the signing of Stevens, he will bring energy to a young team.

• The Celtics may get off to a very slow  start being a young team that is probably going to be missing their best player until December. My thought on that is the team needs to weather the storm until Rajon comes back. Avery Bradley is key to this team. If he can become a leader early on and keeep the ship afloat we could be going places. Once we get Rajon back this team has enough talent to beat 8-9 teams in the east consistently. I think Rondo and Green will be a great combo together running up and down on the break.
    • I really like the frontcourt we have built with Sullinger, Bass, Faverali (sorry on spelling) and Olynyk goinng forward. I see Bass being a very good board banger and our heart on D. Sully will be a great sixth man for this team.
    • I like Gerald Wallace as a talent, but not his contract. ANd i feel come Feb. some contender will need a solid all-around player like Wallace. In the end i doubt we see Humphries or Wallace make it the whole year on the roster.
    • I want the Celtics to keep Rondo, unlike what many say, because i believe in Do. He can carry a young team if his relationship w Stevens stays good and he matures well. Rondo has All-NBA talent and Green to me is a great complement along w the frontcourt. Rondo can be the rock of the C's for 7 more years. We just need to get a good Center (possibly Olynyk?!?) and a very good scorer at the 2 and this team could easily become legit again. so i say keep rondo and add some good solid pieces.
    • I see this year as a Celtics team that will surprise a lot of people. Eveyone expects us to tank which isnt happening according to Danny. This team has talent. A lot of it. Its all about the guys maturing and coming together as a team w an "Us vs. the World" attitude and harnessing that talent.
    • I see Green becoming a star scorer. Avg: 21 pts, 6 rebs. I think Sully can give us a consistent 8 and 9 off the bench. I see Bass going easy 14 - 9 a night as well. I hope hope hope Bradley plays up to what they expect this year and i think he will. I think Brooks will struggle along with Humphries. i dont see them buying into this for a reason.

Season Projection: 36-44, 8th seed in the East, swept first round vs. Heat.

Season MVP: Team: Rondo

Offense: Jeff Green

Defense: Brandon Bass.

I think we will learn that we have a lot of talent on the team this year and the future is very bright with all of talent we have and the future draft picks. So, i say stay positive even if it gets rough we're only "supposed" to win 20 games according to experts. lets show them up and play some BBall!

GO CELTICS! (Also, love Paul and KG and miss them dearly already. I know on Jan. 23 i will shed tears for sure! I hope they upset the Heat in the playoffs! PP my favorite player always and forever!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: 2013-2014 Celticsseason projections (early i know)

You know, as much as I want to avoid mediocrity so that we can get a franchise altering talent in this draft, the idea of these young gunners making it to the playoffs and facing the Heat led by Green (who tore them up last year), Rondo (who tore them up in '12) and Bradley (who tore up Wade in 11-12 season) makes me kind of happy.

IMO, an 8th seed with a shot at battling the Heat would be a good season, especially if we found a way to take it to 6 or 7 (or at least not get swept)!

Edit: what wouldn't be a good season is to go through all that to miss the playoffs and end up the 9th or 10th seed with the 15th pick in the draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

You know, as much as I want to avoid mediocrity so that we can get a franchise altering talent in this draft, the idea of these young gunners making it to the playoffs and facing the Heat led by Green (who tore them up last year), Rondo (who tore them up in '12) and Bradley (who tore up Wade in 11-12 season) makes me kind of happy.

IMO, an 8th seed with a shot at battling the Heat would be a good season, especially if we found a way to take it to 6 or 7 (or at least not get swept)!

Edit: what wouldn't be a good season is to go through all that to miss the playoffs and end up the 9th or 10th seed with the 15th pick in the draft.

exactly how i view it! if we get to the playoffs and win a game, i call that a huge win for our season! but just like u said, either 8-seed or play for the lotto

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

exactly how i view it! if we get to the playoffs and win a game, i call that a huge win for our season! but just like u said, either 8-seed or play for the lotto

Agree.  I don't expect the Celtics to be a very good team and would be surprised if they ended up as 6th or 7th seed in the Eastern conference.  If they don't make the playoffs the best scenario is to be 13th or 14th seed with a chance for a high lottery pick.  This team may surprise us all.  Whatever happens I will still attend games just like I have done in the past when Pierce first started with the Celtics. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I admire your optimism but can't share it.  First off, Rondo is missing at least a month, and then will have to be eased in.  It is very possible he misses more.  I like KO but he can't be an nba center.  In my opinion, Bass has really regressed and him averaging 14-9 is not realistic.  My other big concern would be AB staying healthy, he has really had trouble with this.  However, the big thing you are forgetting is how much better the east has become.  Detroit is a lot more talented than we are.  Cleveland has the best point guard in the east, and if Bynum can play they also have the east's best center.  Washington, Milwaukee, and Atlanta also have more talent than we do.  On paper, we are on par with Charlotte or Toronto talent wise.  Really, we should only expect to beat orlando and philly on a regular basis.  Who knows how chemistry and injury will affect the division this season, and I look forward to watching our team to see who develops, but an 8 seed in my opinion is not a realistic expectation.  And you should be glad of this, because the middle of the pack is the worst possible place to be if you want to improve in the NBA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

They gonna stink, then we gonna get cheated out of the #1 by the rigged lottery.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

They gonna stink, then we gonna get cheated out of the #1 by the rigged lottery.

There's always a first time.

Who knows, maybe 2014 will be the first time the Celts will be getting the #1 pick in June. 

I hope you are right.  Although, I agree with Dfury that it probably won't happen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

28 wins, lottery bound!

The Celts will NOT make the playoffs. If they show any sign of coming close to that, the players who are making that happen (Rondo, etc) will be traded. 

Ainge knows we need to get into the lottery, not get humiliated by the Lebrons in the first round.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: 2013-2014 Celtics season projections (early i know)

Be honest - maybe, MAYBE - there are a handful of guys on this current roster who should be here long term as part of the rebuild.  Olynyk, Bradley, Green and Sullinger.  I exclude Rondo because I don't think he's a max player and I believe if DA can get value for him, he's gone.  Green is a complementary piece on a good team, but if he's your 1st-2nd best player, you're in trouble.  Ditto Wallace.     

The rest of the roster is a collection of mediocre talent.  Guys like Wallace, Humphries, Bogans, Lee and Bass are role players who do more for a contender than a rebuilding team. I don't know what to make of guys like Crawford and Brooks.  Do you keep them, or are they part of a trade package?  They can both score, and this team will need scorers, but I don't see them as rebuilding pieces and I don't think either play D.  

This roster we have now will not be the roster at the end of the year.  Pieces will move.  I cannot see this team winning more than 25-27 games.  They will not contend in the east for the playoffs.  And if by some miracle they do, it contradicts DA's philosophy of building for the future.  They need good, high lottery picks and talent to develop or trade.     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i finally got see to see some of this Faverali guy and I'm pretty intrigued so far hopefully he can continue to pan out and take over the role of center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Start off slow, finish fast 42-41. Roster will change and we will both mkae the playoffs and get a top 10 pick. Laugh now but, you won't be laughing in May.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Start off slow, finish fast 42-41. Roster will change and we will both mkae the playoffs and get a top 10 pick. Laugh now but, you won't be laughing in May.

[/QUOTE]

i agree. im on the complete optimism train this season. for some reason i see alot of potential on this team!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

8 or 10 wins unless Rondo returns, soon.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is that possible?

That's not laughable, that's hilarious!

You can't be a playoff team and have a top 10 pick.

All playoff teams are picking 15th or higher.

[/QUOTE]

We have the Clippers and the Nets first round picks.

So yes, you can be a playoff team and have a top 10 pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i agree. im on the complete optimism train this season. for some reason i see alot of potential on this team!

[/QUOTE]

I usually agree with you on the football board but not here...they are heded FAST for ignomy this year..and it's a good thing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We'll see.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to RicosUncle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I usually agree with you on the football board but not here...they are heded FAST for ignomy this year..and it's a good thing

[/QUOTE]

yeah i know its hard to agree with me in bball talks. honestly im just so shellshocked that my idol PP is gone and just want the best for the C's so bad. i always feel for some reason they will be better than they actually are. aka last year i was same way. i'm reallllly optimistic in bball like way too much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both the Clips and the Nets will win 50 games this season.

And the Clips pick is for 2015.

Are you saying the Clips pick and the Nets pick can be traded for a top 10 pick?

2 words - PIPE DREAM!!!

[/QUOTE]

The Clips pick is for 2015?  I thought that it was 2014.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both the Clips and the Nets will win 50 games this season.

And the Clips pick is for 2015.

Are you saying the Clips pick and the Nets pick can be traded for a top 10 pick?

2 words - PIPE DREAM!!!

[/QUOTE]

Never mind, just checked.  The pick is for 2015.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Only thing I'm going to be wrong about is I meant to say 42-40, there are only 82 games in season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Only thing I'm going to be wrong about is I meant to say 42-40, there are only 82 games in season. 

[/QUOTE]

if we go 42-40 i will lose my mind. i would be estatic.

Sections
Shortcuts