2013 Celtics = 2004 detroit pistons.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Re: 2013 Celtics = 2004 detroit pistons.

In Response to Re: 2013 Celtics = 2004 detroit pistons.:
    [QUOTE]All I'm saying is give this current Celtics team a chance to succeed.  The Lakers are the biggest team in the NBA the last 2 years and the last 2 years they only won 1 game in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Miami won with Bosh at Center and Lebron at PF. Even Team USA won despite only having 1 true Center. Durant and Lebron had to play PF most of the time. KG is a great Center. The Celts just need one of the 3 PFs, Green, Bass, or Sullinger, to step up. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree with that.  I also agree you guys need a good center if you can get one. (who doesn't)   I also don't see anything wrong with throwing trade ideas out there for later on.  Classic summer blues type thing.  Very good possibility that Sully fits your needs.   You implied that Bass, Melo, and 2 first round picks were not enough for Andy. IMO that is WAY to much.  Depending on need of scoring (Bass) or rebounding (Andy)  they are not that far apart.  I would have to think about Bass and Melo straight up for Andy. (I would probably do that just out of rebounding need)  but I doubt I would give up 2 number ones as well. Lets face it AV is not that big a impact player.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2013 Celtics = 2004 detroit pistons. : True that AV is not that big of an impact player. I'd rather have Josh Smith. Regarding the trade, Bass is not a need for the Cavs. They already have Tristan Thompson, another undersized PF playing Center. Varejao still has 5 good years left in him. I doubt the Cavs would prefer Zeller and Melo over Varejao and Zeller to go along with Tristan Thompson. Let's just put it this way, if the Celts had Varejao and the Cavs had Bass, would you trade Varejao for Bass if you were Danny Ainge?

Again it is based on need.  If I had a good rebounding team and needed scoring from the outside,  yes I would. If I were Cleveland and Boston offered me Bass, (Lee, Sully, Melo) and 2 number ones picks,  I think Cleveland would do that in a nano second.  Impact wise they would be getting about the same player with AV and BB.  Then you throw in Lee, Sully, or Melo, whom all are young players,  not to mention to number one pics?  Cleveland we be a fool to turn that down and the Celtics would be a fool to offer it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2013 Celtics = 2004 detroit pistons. : I don't think Ainge would trade Sully when Sully is a steal with the 21st pick and he hasn't played a single game for the Celts yet. This is EXACTLY what I am saying.As for Lee, if the Cavs wanted Lee all they had to do was offer Lee a contract as Lee was a free-agent. Lee supposedly had many contract offers. How do you know Cleveland wasn't one of them? These are only speculations but if the Celts are #1 in the east by trade deadline, I don't think Ainge will make any major changes. Why fix something that ain't broke, right? The last time Ainge meddled with a Celts team who was #1 in the east, the Celts ended up falling all the way to #3 in the east.

Not sure anyone has said break up the team if they are playing extremely well.  On the other hand if a trade appeals to DA I am pretty sure he would pull the trigger. Trading Sully before he hits the floor  would be stupidity. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

A forgotten player in this mix is C. Wilcox. Per 36-minutes he is a 9.1 rebs and 11.4 pts per game performer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

[QUOTE]A forgotten player in this mix is C. Wilcox. Per 36-minutes he is a 9.1 rebs and 11.4 pts per game performer.
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Thats what I said earlier too:

Obviously we know trade talk is premature. So is everything else, its august. Doesnt mean we cant speculate on how to improve the team. I agree that we should see how they play together (we really dont have a choice till jan/feb) but I dont need to see a game to know the celtics are lacking legit bigs.
    Especially when u consider all the team in the atlantic now have legit centers. Chandler, Lopez, Bynum and Valincuinas, that we have to play 16 games a year against, thats a lot of banging for kg. We need a legit 6-9-6-10 type player to rotate to the 4 and 5. I personally would rather swing for the fences and go for jsmith or horford. (even though jsmith cant play the 5 hes an excellent rebounder and shot blocker).
    One thing I think we are all over looking is chris wilcox, hes a legit 6'10 and athletic, rebounder, who is a decent defender. If he can play like he was right before he got hurt (he was really starting to find his groove) he might be able to provide that length and rebounding that we need. Maybe play him at the 4 with kg at times. Also if melo can really improve that would be HUGE. Personally I think melo is a few years away but maybe with kg in his ear that will help him a ton. The good thing is we will get to evaluate and then decide if we need to make a move. I just think we need 2 things, more rebounding and rim protection. Maybe wilcox can do that for us. If he cant look for the trade to land varajo,jsmith or horford

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2013 Celtics = 2004 detroit pistons. : That's the ideal situation. If Wilcox can provide rebounding and rim protection why break up the team just to get Varejao?  If the Celts don't get enough rebounds and rim protection from the current bigs, that's the time the Celts go after Varejao, Josh Smith, or Horford. What I disagree with is saying it doesn't matter how the Celts play, once Bass can be traded he should be traded. That's what rame is saying. I mean he said even if the Celts are #1 in the east by trade deadline, the Celts still should trade for Varejao.

Well stated! I am guessing this is DA's game plan, as well!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.