2013 Celtics: Full Court Press for Dwight Howard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

2013 Celtics: Full Court Press for Dwight Howard

Paul Peirce, Rondo will be the only players with contracts.

Thoughts

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Re: 2013 Celtics: Full Court Press for Dwight Howard

I would like to see Dwight Howard in the Celtics uniform.  He and Rondo make excellent combo.  I think Danny Ainge made short term contracts in preparation for the chance to land Howard.  Trading Perkins is one.  Next year is the last hurray for the current big 3.  Unless Howard gets traded before his contract expired, I think the Celtics is the big player to land Howard.  I really like him.  He and Rondo can make the Celtics an elite team for a long time.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

How great would Rondo or D-Will or CP + Howard be?  No sentiments, Danny Boy, you get rid of who you think you need to to rebuild the team - if that means PP has to be shown the door, so be it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

while many whined and boo-hooed over the perk trade, the bottom line is that he wasn't going to make a difference for us this year. we needed to be able to score and couldn't do it when we needed to. we need to get younger and faster. rondo, for all his weaknesses, may be the fastest PG in the league, or certainly one of the fastest. imagine him running the break with guys like jeff green on both wings! i'm sure danny has a plan. i'm not sure if it involves howard, or if we can keep him from going to LA, but i'm sure he's got a plan. the fact that doc was so fast to say he'd be back tells me there's a plan. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

foolish idea. If Orlando feels that Dwight will not resign, they will work a sign and trade with someone (Lakers?) in order to get something in return (Bynum?) as well as lump in Arenas contract. Celtics have nothing to offer that would make Orlando interested.
    would have been smarter to sign Perk, and then try and trade Perk along with other assets (Rondo?) to land Howard.
    Lets be real however, Howard is never coming to Boston if LA and Orlando (who can offer him the most money) are the options.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

In Response to Re: 2013 Celtics: Full Court Press for Dwight Howard:
    In Response to Re: 2013 Celtics: Full Court Press for Dwight Howard : It's not a good idea to pair Rondo with Dwight. The FT shooting will be a disaster!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I can see past the FT, Shaq was successful although he's suck at the FT line.  I'm looking at how Rondo would feed the ball to Howard.  If the opposition team fouls them so be it.  It makes more burden on them to manage the fouls.  Rondo needs to learn to shoot jumper; he needs to draw a defender or two on him.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

For that to happen Boston has to be a contender next season...after watching Lebron, I am sure HOward wants to "make a decision" for himself and pair up with a few stars...so...2011 still...lots of time between 2011 and 2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Who wants Arenas - lakers can't even afford Howard.

Would YOU trade Howard for Bynum??

Please, Dwight, sign your extension and put an end to this foolishness.  I say Otis Smith would rather let him walk than trade him to the lakers, but that's just me!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

How can Dwight be a Celtic in 2013 when he will be a Laker in 2 months?
    Silly dreamers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

How can Dwight be a Celtic in 2013 when he will be a Laker in 2 months? Silly dreamers.
    Posted by mtrax

1.. NO WAY that happens

2.  HOW does that even help you?  Does Howard play PG?  You're just swapping centers, and not really getting any better

think about it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

LA will have the mid-level exception to sign a new point guard.
    Or, they can trade for a pg.
    If they are willing to take on another players bad contractin addition to the pg, they can get a pg that they need. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

LA will have the mid-level exception to sign a new point guard. Or, they can trade for a pg. If they are willing to take on another players bad contractin addition to the pg, they can get a pg that they need. 
    Posted by mtrax

Can't take on any more salary, strike one
    can't trade for a PG, strike two
    MLE - yes, like you used last year on Steve Blake, about the only kind of "good" PG you can get for that $$.......strike 3!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: 2013 Celtics: Full Court Press for Dwight Howard : Not 2013, the Celts go after Dwight in July of 2012.
    Posted by Fiercest34

2012, still a year in between.. C's just need to add someone this off season to make it attractive for him..They cant go on unchanged thinking that that will be enough for him to be a C...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/144284/20110511/dwight-howard-magic-lakers-bynum.htm

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

We need Doc, Russell and Danny to go on a recruiting trip...

www.ballpimp.com/images/dwight-howard.jpg" alt="dwight-howard.jpg" width="283" height="425" />

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: 2013 Celtics: Full Court Press for Dwight Howard : You're missing the point. If Dwight goes to the Lakers he would be playing alongside a washed up Kobe and old players like Fisher, Artest, Odom, Blake, and Gasol. In other words going to the Lakers is like going to a rebuilding team.  Kobe will be earning 25.2m next season, 27.85m in 2013, and 30.45m in 2014. Gasol will be getting 18.7m in next season, 19m in 2013, and 19.29m in 2014. So it's pretty clear it would be very hard for the Lakers to squeeze in Dwight's new deal. If Dwight comes to Boston with CP3 or D-Will then it would be like what the Heat did this season. It would be a fresh start for Dwight and CP3 or D-Will. The Celts will certainly have more cap room than the Lakers, so they can surround Dwight with more talent. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

If Dwight was only interested in money he would have already signed with Orlando. Dwight is looking to brand himself, and LA is the best place possible.
    Bynum and Odom, along with salary dumps of Walton and Blake to even out the money is just about the best option Orlando will have for Dwight and Arenas.
    Lakers have Kobe, Dwight and Pau for the next 3 years as a pretty strong core I would say.
    From where I stand this is already a done deal, as if Orlando had a shot, Dwight would have already signed.
    I don't see a stronger deal for Orlando than Bynum and Odom. Perhaps Noah and Deng, but I question if Dwight signs a contract with Chicago 
    To think Dwight has even a 1% interest in Boston is foolish. Why would he want to play here? He will go where the opportunity is greatest, i.e. LA or NY

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Who wants Arenas - lakers can't even afford Howard. Would YOU trade Howard for Bynum?? Please, Dwight, sign your extension and put an end to this foolishness.  I say Otis Smith would rather let him walk than trade him to the lakers, but that's just me!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Miss Lemarr! Why would Otis allow him to walk when talented players are there for his taking?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: 2013 Celtics: Full Court Press for Dwight Howard : 1.. NO WAY that happens 2.  HOW does that even help you?  Does Howard play PG?  You're just swapping centers, and not really getting any better think about it!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

Dwight=Center
    Pau=Power forward
    Kobe=Shooting guard
    Wow, that took a lot of thought!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Okay, the world revolves around LA. 

Sections
Shortcuts