Re: 2014 Spurs vs 2014 Celtics
posted at 6/15/2014 6:38 PM EDT
Man DaCeltics is HORRIBLE at these:
- Rondo is a Parker who can't shoot as good
- A healthy Bradley does for the SG position what Leonard can do for the SF position, just not as impactful on the overall game.
- A focused/motivated Jeff Green does for the SF position what a healthy Ginobli does for the SG position
- Olynyk is our Diaw? Try Splitter, they are both close to 7' and Splitter has just been a 22 minute, 9 point, 6 rebound guy ages 27-29. Olynyk practically put up those #'s with better assist/3 point potential.
- Sullinger is a Diaw who doesn't pass as well and rebounds better. Per 36 mins Sully is a 17p/10r/2a player. Per 36 minutes Diaw is a 13p/6r/4a guy.
- Bass is Bonner I guess, but better, and Pressey is Patty Mills and Bayless is Belinelli.
So the Celtics are left with turning Faverani and Gerald Wallace into Tim Duncan and Danny Green... if they want to emulate the Spurs next season.
So unless we trade for LaMarcus Aldridge or Kevin Lovin and also wind up with Gordon Hayward or Kevin Martin, there is ZERO chance of us putting together a team like the Spurs next year.
Rondo would also have to greatly improve his shooting. Green's inconsistency equals out Manu's age and injuries. Green and Bradley truly are or can be as good a duo as Ginobli and Leonard. We've been waiting for Rondo to improve his shooting for 5 years now, if he were just a 46/36/77 he could be Tony Parker.