2015 Draft Ideal for the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

2015 Draft Ideal for the Celtics

The 2015 draft looks like it is deep in the two weakest positions of need for the Celtics.

There will be an unprecedented number of quality Centers and at least 5 outstanding SFs at 5-17.  I see Danny adding another pick through trade and taking a Center with our first pick and a SF with our second and if applicable the BPA with the third or moving up the board by packaging two of the three picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Re: 2015 Draft Ideal for the Celtics

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 2015 draft looks like it is deep in the two weakest positions of need for the Celtics.

There will be an unprecedented number of quality Centers and at least 5 outstanding SFs at 5-17.  I see Danny adding another pick through trade and taking a Center with our first pick and a SF with our second and if applicable the BPA with the third or moving up the board by packaging two of the three picks.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome to me! Hopefully our pick falls within the top 7 or 8 so we can get one of the top flight prospects. I would be ecstatic to get one of Towns, Okafor, Johnson, Oubre, and slightly less-so Alexander. If we end up with none of these guys this whole year will be a monumental waste IMO. 

My ideal Draft would be Johnson, Myles Turner, and maybe Wayne Seldon. That would be an amazing draft. Porzingis will also be in there, it actually should be a decent draft class.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

PHI will get two top 10 picks, and take 2 Okafor and Towns.  That would give them Noel, Embiid, Okafor and Towns............they will play all Centers, the anti-Celtics (who will play all PGS's)......lol

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Don't we have Nets #1, what draft choice do you think it will be?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I hope Turner will gear us and become a good small forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not next year. 2016 and 2018. We have the Clippers and the Cavs firsts which will be in the 20's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not next year. 2016 and 2018. We have the Clippers and the Cavs firsts which will be in the 20's.

[/QUOTE]

Sixers protected with Clips 1st rounders ... the Cavs is a 2nd rd protected pick.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Celtics.htm

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

Mployee, you referenced a site that states the Celtics have the Cavs 1st rd pick. The conditional 2nd rd pick was what we gave up. I was under the impression it was in 2015 but I guess that pick is also in 2016.

Traded Jarrett Jack, Sergey Karasev, Tyler Zeller, first round pick (protected top 10 in 2016-18, unprotected in 2019) (?-?) in a 3-team trade with Celtics, Nets for rights to Ilkan Karaman, rights to Edin Bavcic, 2015 conditional second round pick (from Celtics, protected top 55 in 2015, else extinguished) (?-?) on 2014-07-10

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sixers protected with Clips 1st rounders ... the Cavs is a 2nd rd protected pick.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Celtics.htm

Mployee, you referenced a site that states the Celtics have the Cavs 1st rd pick. The conditional 2nd rd pick was what we gave up. I was under the impression it was in 2015 but I guess that pick is also in 2016.

Traded Jarrett Jack, Sergey Karasev, Tyler Zeller, first round pick (protected top 10 in 2016-18, unprotected in 2019) (?-?) in a 3-team trade with Celtics, Nets for rights to Ilkan Karaman, rights to Edin Bavcic, 2015 conditional second round pick (from Celtics, protected top 55 in 2015, else extinguished) (?-?) on 2014-07-10

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that Cavs 1st rd pick is for 2016 thru 2018 top 10 protected then unprotected in 2019.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics need more 2017 1st rd picks.

We have two in 2015, three in 2016 and two in 2018.

C'mon Danny.

Disappointing;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Saw Okafot and Townes and one other big at McDs HS All American game and they looked good , really good. If we could snag one of  them that would be good

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Saw Okafot and Townes and one other big at McDs HS All American game and they looked good , really good. If we could snag one of  them that would be good

[/QUOTE]

good

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Celts get Cavs' 2015 1st round pick?

HAHAHA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hard to do if the Celts are "awesome 8th seed", like what some here are saying, this coming season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hard to do if the Celts are "awesome 8th seed", like what some here are saying, this coming season.

[/QUOTE]

8th seed?! That, sir, is a pipe dream - a pipe full of hasish!

We'll be in the bottom 5 of the NBA...AGAIN!

Bank on it.....another bad year full of games lost late in the 4th Qtr, Green sucking wind 3 games out of 4 and trades not made because nobody wants our drek even at cut rate prices...

We is Doomed!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Lots of quality bigs in this draft class. Karl Towns might be the gem of this entire class, but I haven't watched much of him yet. Buddy of mine LOVES him. The tape I have seen is impressive. He looks a little like Al Horford out there. Good face up game, can move in the low post. Has very good range. Runs the floor. I'm big on Okafor. He has A LOT of skill in the low post, and I'm a sucker for those type of guys. They help a ton with floor spacing. 

Freshman wings will be interesting to watch too. Oubre and Johnson are fantastic. Stanley Johnson is another U19 Team USA guy. 

And I'll just mention Wayne Selden. You guys know.

Sections
Shortcuts