2015 Free Agents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

2015 Free Agents

Interesting looking at this.    I realized the Heat were high in the payroll department but didn't realize they will have 3 guys making 20 million each.  How can they afford anyone else.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2015-nba-free-agents/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: 2015 Free Agents

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Interesting looking at this.    I realized the Heat were high in the payroll department but didn't realize they will have 3 guys making 20 million each.  How can they afford anyone else.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2015-nba-free-agents/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1532847-nba-teams-with-worst-salary-cap-problems-heading-into-2013-nba-trade-deadline  The Celtics are also listed as one of the teams with salary cap issues.  I can't imagine that it will be easy for Miami to resign all of these players in the future.  Unless they don't mind paying an excessive amount of penalties.  It definitely is going to be more difficult for many teams to remain competitive or salaries will be lower in the future. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Brooklyn tops the group as the most hosed organization.

I hope we can get some love from K Love in 2015. He'd be great with Rondo, Bradley, Green & Sullinger!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I hope we can get some love from K Love in 2015. He'd be great with Rondo, Bradley, Green & Sullinger!

Love is made of glass..fragile..there are a bunch of other guys that can be better for Boston

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Love is made of glass..fragile..there are a bunch of other guys that can be better for Boston

Thank you,  in the end Love will be a player of no consequence.  He is a good player who rarely wins a game for his team.  We don't need that kind of piece.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

Thank you,  in the end Love will be a player of no consequence.  He is a good player who rarely wins a game for his team.  We don't need that kind of piece.

He makes a great radio station though.

For your listening pleasure

http://iloveklove.net/home.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

That crop of free agents doesn't look that great... Carmelo is the only superstar and he will be 31-32 and will likely never leave NY.

The C's will have PP and KG retire after 2015 (maybe earlier) and will have TONS of cap space so they can basically get anyone they want.

If Green picks up his option of 9.2m, Lee is still on the team (5.6) and Sully (2.3) Melo (2.2) and say another 2 rookie contracts (1.4 and 1.8) then the team is looking at 23.5 million. Factor in Avery likely getting a big extension, say like 5/45 at the least, and they are around 30.

Rondo is a free agent so it will be up to him if he goes for max money, gives a little back to stay here and what kind of players he recruits. I could see the C's getting Rudy Gay and and Rondo to split that 25m in cap space (like RR taking 5/55 again and Gay getting 4/60) then maybe Perk comes back for the MLE since he and Rondo are buds and he is still loved by fans and will only be around 30.

something like:

C - Perk, Melo

PF - Sully, Green

SF - Gay, Green

SG - Avery, Lee

PG -Rondo

Then two yet undrafted players, Crawford or Lee could stick, who knows

That would look like two borderline all-star sidekick to a superstar types (Gay, Rondo), 3 guys who would be #3-4 best players on a contender (Green, Avery and Sully) and finally a couple 6th-7th men in Perk and Lee. Hopefully Danny drafts well. No superstar on the horizon but that is a deep fun team that could emerge from the East if the Heat get old or break apart and the Bulls/Knicks can't upgrade their current cores very much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

LaMarcus Aldridge would also be a great grab

If he is still in green by then we shall see just how desperate Rondo is to win. He is one of the smartest players in the league and has no doubt done things with the millions he's already made that fools like Antoine and Iverson only wished they'd done.

If he takes a 5 year 50 million deal so the C's can add Aldridge and boast this lineup:

C - Aldridge

PF - Sully

SF - Green

SG - Avery

PG - Rondo

Then I'd think pretty highly of him.

If he rushes to get a max deal and leaves the c's only 6-7 million, or basically just enough to like get Perk back, then I'd be dissapointed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

If he is still in green by then we shall see just how desperate Rondo is to win. He is one of the smartest players in the league and has no doubt done things with the millions he's already made that fools like Antoine and Iverson only wished they'd done.

If he takes a 5 year 50 million deal so the C's can add Aldridge and boast this lineup:

C - Aldridge

PF - Sully

SF - Green

SG - Avery

PG - Rondo

If he rushes to get a max deal and leaves the c's only 6-7 million, or basically just enough to like get Perk back, then I'd be dissapointed

Rondo seems to be a guy whose ego demands the type of respect you get from a max contract.  As seen with Josh Smith a player who is not worth a max contract either they will go probably anywhere to get one.   People change though but Rondo based on the way the Celtics play this season may not be back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

C - Aldridge

PF - Sully

SF - Green

SG - Avery

PG - Rondo

Rondo seems to be a guy whose ego demands the type of respect you get from a max contract.  As seen with Josh Smith a player who is not worth a max contract either they will go probably anywhere to get one.   People change though but Rondo based on the way the Celtics play this season may not be back.

On draft day, depending on if 3-4 specific players were on the board at the time, I would def still trade Rondo (and toss in Crawford if they want him) for Sean Marion, Vince Carter, Darren Collison (QO made by Dallas) and the Mavs lotto pick between 8-12. 

Let the Mavs try to get Dwight or Smith to play with their buddy Rondo and the last 2 years of Dirk's prime

13. This post has been removed.