2015 Unrestricted Free Agents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

2015 Unrestricted Free Agents

Point Guards
    J.J. Barea (31)
    Will Bynum (32)
    Diante Garrett (27) (N
    Jeremy Lin (27)
    Ray McCallum (24) (N)
    Kendall Marshall (24) (N)
    Steve Nash (41)
    Pablo Prigioni (38) (N)
    Luke Ridnour (34) (N)
    Nate Robinson (31)
    Rajon Rondo (29)
    Sebastian Telfair (30)
    Beno Udrih (33) (N)
    C.J. Watson (31)
    Nate Wolters (21)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Re: 2015 Unrestricted Free Agents

Shooting Guards
    Marco Belinelli (29)
    Allen Crabbe (23) (N)
    Mike Dunleavy Jr. (35)
    Wayne Ellington (28)
    Carrick Felix (25) (N)
    Jamaal Franklin (24) (N)
    Manu Ginobili (38)
    Danny Green (28)
    Ricky Ledo (23) (N)
    Wesley Matthews (29)
    Gary Neal (31)
    Jason Richardson (34)
    Alexey Schved (23)
    Rodney Stuckey (29)
    Jason Terry (38)
    Marcus Thornton (28)
    Elliot Williams (26) (N)
    Louis Williams (29)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Small Forwards
    Matt Barnes (35) (N)
    Wilson Chandler (28) (N)
    Carlos Delfino (33) (N)
    Jeremy Evans (28)
    Landry Fields (27)
    Rudy Gay (29)
    Gerald Green (29)
    Richard Jefferson (35)
    Wesley Johnson (28)
    James Jones (35)
    Andrei Kirilenko (34)
    Luc Mbah a Moute (29)
    Travis Outlaw (31)
    Tayshaun Prince (35)
    John Salmons (35)
    Dorell Wright (30)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Power Forwards
    Jeff Adrien (29)
    LaMarcus Aldridge (30)
    Lavoy Allen (26)
    Darrell Arthur (27)
    Andrea Bargnani (30)
    Brandon Bass (30)
    Trevor Booker (28) (N)
    Matt Bonner (35)
    Carlos Boozer (34)
    DeMarre Carroll (29)
    Nick Collison (35)
    Glen Davis (29)
    Tim Duncan (39)
    Reggie Evans (35)
    Kevin Garnett (39)
    Drew Gooden (34)
    Chuck Hayes (32)
    Jonas Jerebko (28)
    Rashard Lewis (36)
    Paul Millsap (30)
    Tony Mitchell (23) (N)
    Jeff Pendergraph (28)
    Anthony Randolph (26)
    Luis Scola (35)
    Amar’e Stoudemire (33)
    Anthony Tolliver (30) (N)
    Brandan Wright (29)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Centers
    Alexis Ajinca (27)
    Cole Aldrich (27)
    Joel Anthony (33)
    Omer Asik (29)
    Tyson Chandler (33)
    Vitor Faverani (27) (N)
    Marc Gasol (30)
    Brendan Haywood (36) (N)
    DeAndre Jordan (27)
    Chris Kaman (33) (N)
    Robin Lopez (27)
    Kendrick Perkins (31)
    Miroslav Raduljica (27) (N)
    Greg Smith (24)
    Jason Smith (29)
    Ronny Turiaf (32)
    Jeremy Tyler (24) (N)

Considering the Celtics biggest asset in the 2015 offseason will be the amount of capspace available many are now suggesting that will be when the Celtics plan to unleash their Fireworks.  There are other players who may be avail with team and player options (Love, Big Al ect.) and some that are restricted, but these guys are definitely going to be up for grabs.

Who do you guys think, if any, would be worth throwing money at, and/or who do you think is realistic to come to Boston?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

not a lot of elite players in that list.  i think marc gasol is a heck of a player and robin lopez has some chance of being generally under-valued for his defense/rebounding and he's becoming a better scorer.   the rest of the positions i have a hard time getting excited throwing money at anyone on the list.  nate robinson would be a nice complementary piece on a good team.  other than that the PG's read like fingernails on a chalkboard.  not a lot better for the 2s and 3s

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

for us to get good without overpaying on ridiculous contracts, danny is going to have to roll up his sleeves and find some international players.  they're out there.  we don't seem to be anywhere close when they are being dug up and signed into the NBA though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

I don't think Aldridge, Big Al, and Marc Gasol will leave their respective teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

If Kevin Love opts out then there's a big chance he signs with Boston.

Another possible scenario is the Celts absorb another bad contract for a VERY HIGH lottery pick.

I mean if Celts can't get any big name free-agents, Ainge might explore allowing a team to dump their bad contract for a top 3 or top 5 pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Another possible scenario is the Celts absorb another bad contract for a VERY HIGH lottery pick.

I mean if Celts can't get any big name free-agents, Ainge might explore allowing a team to dump their bad contract for a top 3 or top 5 pick.

I don't think love is a smart option for us to go after next year. he might stunt the growth of oly or even sully's game. Why not we just build through the draft instead?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The NBA is in the process of changing their tanking rules, which will help the C's as this roster as it stands struggles to win 24 games.

next years draft most likely is loaded with big man talent

the C's should hoard their cash, use their draft picks to improve their talent, and once the talent is upgraded (2-3 years?) augment the assembled talent with an over the top free agent

why spend now or next year, when the talent around that player is middle of the road/ 1 and done purgatory? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The NBA is in the process of changing their tanking rules, which will help the C's as this roster as it stands struggles to win 24 games.

next years draft most likely is loaded with big man talent

the C's should hoard their cash, use their draft picks to improve their talent, and once the talent is upgraded (2-3 years?) augment the assembled talent with an over the top free agent

why spend now or next year, when the talent around that player is middle of the road/ 1 and done purgatory? 

[/QUOTE]

Good point. I highly doubt the lottery rules change by next year though, considering changing it is just an idea in the works at this point.

Yeah, there is not much very exciting about this list.  Gasol seems to be the best and most likely option as a guy who could come in and make them a playoff team. Danny could sign him, and resign Rondo but that most likely isn't enough to get you out of the second round and Gasol is already 30.

I would love to get Gerald Green back and have him replace Jeff Green just because I like Gerald much more, but he's not really an upgrade.

It's pretty evident that the Celtics picked the wrong year to have an absorbanent amount of capspace, because its looking like a dud.  Really reinforces the fact that the draft will be thier best option to add a future star or two. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting idea. It would have to be a perfect storm situation though. A team with a top pick also must have a Wallace/Amare type albatross. I'm sure the Celtics would have to add some sweetners and it would be a pick swap as well, like the Celtics trade the 7th pick, thier 2nd round pick & Olynyk, for the 3rd pick and Albatross.  Danny would really have to be in love with the guy available at that spot. 

But you are right, if it worked out that way it would be a very smart way to use the excess of capspace.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Mabey we can draft a couple of 19 year olds and play in the 20 and under league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Yeah, looking over those lists (minus PG's and SG's), there isn't anything that appeals to me at all. Keep building through the draft and really invest time into building these young guys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Kevin Love will almost certainly be traded and likely sign an extension or at least pick up his 2015-16 option with his new team.

If Danny doesn't trade Rondo I predict he signs with the Lakers next year, with Marc Gasol joining them. Summer of 2016 the Lakers will have the cap space for Durant with Kobe's deal done and Kobe will sign for the vet min as a means of getting back at all those who attacked his recent salary.

Rondo - Kobe/Nick Young - Durant - Randle - Marc Gasol

Your 2016-17 LA Lakers

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think Durant will either stay with OKC, or go home to WAS.

Rondo going to the lakers is a real possibility, which is why I hope they overpay for Eric Bledsoe.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kevin Love will almost certainly be traded and likely sign an extension or at least pick up his 2015-16 option with his new team.

If Danny doesn't trade Rondo I predict he signs with the Lakers next year, with Marc Gasol joining them. Summer of 2016 the Lakers will have the cap space for Durant with Kobe's deal done and Kobe will sign for the vet min as a means of getting back at all those who attacked his recent salary.

Rondo - Kobe/Nick Young - Durant - Randle - Marc Gasol

Your 2016-17 LA Lakers

[/QUOTE]
    ain't gonna happen. If i were KD i would rather go home to washington and play along side wall and beal than playing with komes and nick youngs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Centers
    Alexis Ajinca (27)
    Cole Aldrich (27)
    Joel Anthony (33)
    Omer Asik (29)
    Tyson Chandler (33)
    Vitor Faverani (27) (N)
    Marc Gasol (30)
    Brendan Haywood (36) (N)
    DeAndre Jordan (27)
    Chris Kaman (33) (N)
    Robin Lopez (27)
    Kendrick Perkins (31)
    Greg Smith (24)
    Jason Smith (29)
    Ronny Turiaf (32)
    Jeremy Tyler (24) (N)

Considering the Celtics biggest asset in the 2015 offseason will be the amount of capspace available many are now suggesting that will be when the Celtics plan to unleash their Fireworks.  There are other players who may be avail with team and player options (Love, Big Al ect.) and some that are restricted, but these guys are definitely going to be up for grabs.

Who do you guys think, if any, would be worth throwing money at, and/or who do you think is realistic to come to Boston?

[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is a little depressing. Similarly, I wonder what all our "assets" can realistically bring back in a trade? Looks like 2007 was a fluke. As for building through the draft - this is also tough because 1) its a crap-shoot, and 2) if you draft a superstar, its not always easy to keep him (especially since your team probably still sucks since you are still building through the draft). Its not easy to get better in the nba....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to shamrock1000's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Centers
    Alexis Ajinca (27)
    Cole Aldrich (27)
    Joel Anthony (33)
    Omer Asik (29)
    Tyson Chandler (33)
    Vitor Faverani (27) (N)
    Marc Gasol (30)
    Brendan Haywood (36) (N)
    DeAndre Jordan (27)
    Chris Kaman (33) (N)
    Robin Lopez (27)
    Kendrick Perkins (31)
    Greg Smith (24)
    Jason Smith (29)
    Ronny Turiaf (32)
    Jeremy Tyler (24) (N)

[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is a little depressing. Similarly, I wonder what all our "assets" can realistically bring back in a trade? Looks like 2007 was a fluke. As for building through the draft - this is also tough because 1) its a crap-shoot, and 2) if you draft a superstar, its not always easy to keep him (especially since your team probably still sucks since you are still building through the draft). Its not easy to get better in the nba....

[/QUOTE]

Well, I really think the Celtics have a great track record of keeping their draft picks. That's why I am on board with rebuilding through the draft. Guys that end up in Boston usually love it and tend to want to stay, but getting guys to come here of their own valition is almost impossible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think love is a smart option for us to go after next year. he might stunt the growth of oly or even sully's game. Why not we just build through the draft instead?

[/QUOTE]

Sully and Oly should get plenty of minutes to show their worth this year. If they don't show growth and promise you wouldn't take Love if he was willing to sign in Boston?   If they do show growth and potential they could be used in trades as well.  Give Danny time to let his plan play out.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sully and Oly should get plenty of minutes to show their worth this year. If they don't show growth and promise you wouldn't take Love if he was willing to sign in Boston?   If they do show growth and potential they could be used in trades as well.  Give Danny time to let his plan play out.  

[/QUOTE]

Lovey Dovey will be in Cleveland..period...he's NEVER coming to the C's.

It's more likely that Santa is real than Love ever plays on the parquet in Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

for us to get good without overpaying on ridiculous contracts, danny is going to have to roll up his sleeves and find some international players.  they're out there.  we don't seem to be anywhere close when they are being dug up and signed into the NBA though

[/QUOTE]

It's amazing that even though San Antonio has drafted roughly equivalent to where the NE Pats draft in the NFL each year for the last decade they still manage to find great talent overseas AND STILL DEVELOP THESE GUYS INTO INTEGRAL PARTS OF CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS. Danny LeStrange GM cannot find talent anywhere overseas. Faux Hawk you say?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! SA picks Tony Parker and the C's pick the immortal Joe Forte as a favor to Thompson at Georgetown. Red's dying act - Thanks Red!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shamrock1000's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Centers
    Alexis Ajinca (27)
    Cole Aldrich (27)
    Joel Anthony (33)
    Omer Asik (29)
    Tyson Chandler (33)
    Vitor Faverani (27) (N)
    Marc Gasol (30)
    Brendan Haywood (36) (N)
    DeAndre Jordan (27)
    Chris Kaman (33) (N)
    Robin Lopez (27)
    Kendrick Perkins (31)
    Greg Smith (24)
    Jason Smith (29)
    Ronny Turiaf (32)
    Jeremy Tyler (24) (N)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I really think the Celtics have a great track record of keeping their draft picks. That's why I am on board with rebuilding through the draft. Guys that end up in Boston usually love it and tend to want to stay, but getting guys to come here of their own valition is almost impossible.

[/QUOTE]

True, quality players appreciate the Boston sports environment, and building through the draft is probably our best bet. Got a feeling Marcus Smart will do well in Boston - he's got the attitude fans will love...

Interesting that Ainge chose a coach with demonstrated ability at coaching and developing young teams and gave him a 6 year deal. No doubt he would make the home run trade/free agent signing if he could, but seems like he has been setting things up to build through the draft. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's amazing that even though San Antonio has drafted roughly equivalent to where the NE Pats draft in the NFL each year for the last decade they still manage to find great talent overseas AND STILL DEVELOP THESE GUYS INTO INTEGRAL PARTS OF CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS. Danny LeStrange GM cannot find talent anywhere overseas. Faux Hawk you say?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! SA picks Tony Parker and the C's pick the immortal Joe Forte as a favor to Thompson at Georgetown. Red's dying act - Thanks Red!

[/QUOTE]

That's because the draft choices are mostly role players.  Leonard is the only budding star.  The rest are great compliments to Duncan, Parker, Gonobli, and of course - Pop!   Our coach is no Popovich and we don't have a Duncan and Parker to build around!

Sections
Shortcuts