22 back-to-backs!? WTH!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

22 back-to-backs!? WTH!?

Anyone seen the 2012-13 schedule? How can we have 44 out of 82 games be back-to-backs? As a point of reference, the Heat have 11 and the Lackers 16. Both games against the Lackers are the back end of a back-to-back. Nice way to ruin a marquee match-up Stern. Omg!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: 22 back-to-backs!? WTH!?

In Response to 22 back-to-backs!? WTH!?:
    [QUOTE]Anyone seen the 2012-13 schedule? How can we have 44 out of 82 games be back-to-backs? As a point of reference, the Heat have 11 and the Lackers 16. Both games against the Lackers are the back end of a back-to-back. Nice way to ruin a marquee match-up Stern. Omg!
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the schedule but that sounds unreasonable.  All of the teams should play a similar number of back to back games.  It is unreasonable to expect some teams to play a much larger percentage of back to back games. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Relax....! I just checked out the schedule and we play a 2nd game of back to backs 18 times....

Nov - 4
    Dec - 4
    Jan - 2
    Feb - 4
    Mar - 4

That sounds about right.....82 games with 18 on a 2nd consecutive night....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Duke, 15-18 is what I'd expect. ESPN Boston reported that we have 22 B2b's. I haven't double checked the numbers myself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK....I just checked out the schedule (and updated this post)......after a quick look which I think I got right, the actual number of game #2's on back to back nights...

Celtics 18

Lakers 14

Heat     8

if this is correct, I don't get it.....is Stern setting things for a Heat repeat...?  ....what are the schedule makers thinking.....?  ......I can see it coming already.....conspiracy theorists are gearing up....

watch out....!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It makes no sense that the Heat would get off that easy. It would be appealed by other teams if that is the case.  Something like that would not be allowed unless there is a scheduling problem in an arena or something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

There are 20 back to backs and the original article has been changed from one 1st posted.  But this schedule is not as bad as the shortened season we just had.  Plus we have much more team depth and practice and healing time in between.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

ESPN has every team's schedule on the site.....I may have miscounted but I don't think so....

Boston  http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/bos/boston-celtics

Lakers http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers

Heat   http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/mia/miami-heat

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

I just counted myself and I counted 18 (plus/minus 1). I'm not sure why Chris Forsberg reported 22. Whew!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: 22 back-to-backs!? WTH!?:
    [QUOTE]OK....I just checked out the schedule (and updated this post)......after a quick look which I think I got right, the actual number of game #2's on back to back games... Celtics 18 Lakers 14 Heat     8 if this is correct, I don't get it.....is Stern setting things for a Heat repeat...?  ....what are the schedule makers thinking.....?  ......I can see it coming already.....conspiracy theorists are gearing up.... watch out....!!!!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

As I already posted I still believe that all teams should have approximately the same number of back to back games.  It is unfair for some teams to play many more back to back games than other teams. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yes, it is extremely unfair when records have so much to do with the seeding....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Wow, 18 B2B's...thanks Dougebag Stern.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

how do we get to Start andend the season in Miami?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]OK....I just checked out the schedule (and updated this post)......after a quick look which I think I got right, the actual number of game #2's on back to back nights... Celtics 18 Lakers 14 Heat     8 if this is correct, I don't get it.....is Stern setting things for a Heat repeat...?  ....what are the schedule makers thinking.....?  ......I can see it coming already.....conspiracy theorists are gearing up.... watch out....!!!!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

It does make Herr Stern look like the crooked s@ck of sh!t we all know him to be when you give old teams like Boston and LA twice as many (on avg) back to backs as the younger champs

and I'm going to bet Boston has been given the most back to back of ANY team since the '08 title. Anyone want to research that? What a fixed league...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

isn't the game schedule partly determined by arena availability?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

yeah, does Miami have a hockey team that owns the arena? I know the bruins are in there, the rugby team and concerts. Might just be the luck of the draw. plus we have nyc and brooklyn in our division too. just lots of big busy markets... it sucks though

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]how do we get to Start andend the season in Miami?
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

Miami probably not happy with that either

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 22 back-to-backs!? WTH!? : It does make Herr Stern look like the crooked s@ck of sh!t we all know him to be when you give old teams like Boston and LA twice as many (on avg) back to backs as the younger champs and I'm going to bet Boston has been given the most back to back of ANY team since the '08 title. Anyone want to research that? What a fixed league...
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You may be right.  It definitely seems like the celtics have played a lot of back to back games the past few years. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Atleast we are deep and young enough to handle the back 2 backs. If its against lower tier teams on the NBA, Garnett and Pierce can take days off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

celtics, along w/ 7 other teams, have the most B2Bs at 22. the bulls have 20, the knicks and SA each have 18, lakers have 16, detroit has 15 and denver 14. heat appear to have a mere 13. waaaay too much discrepancy there, davey. i wonder if any team has less than miami. bet we'll be hearing more about this. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

In Response to 22 back-to-backs!? WTH!?:
    [QUOTE]Anyone seen the 2012-13 schedule? How can we have 44 out of 82 games be back-to-backs? As a point of reference, the Heat have 11 and the Lackers 16. Both games against the Lackers are the back end of a back-to-back. Nice way to ruin a marquee match-up Stern. Omg!
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Already making EXCUSES.  Cool

Typical Celtic fan.

Good job!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Atleast we are deep and young enough to handle the back 2 backs. If its against lower tier teams on the NBA, Garnett and Pierce can take days off.
    Posted by Patsdateam[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have been advocating this for 2 years now.  Like the Spurs do.  Let's get off to a really good start, be vying for the best record in the East, and rest KG and PP on occcasion.  The good news is we only have two to rest this year, not 3...lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 22 back-to-backs!? WTH!? : Yes, I have been advocating this for 2 years now.  Like the Spurs do.  Let's get off to a really good start, be vying for the best record in the East, and rest KG and PP on occcasion.  The good news is we only have two to rest this year, not 3...lol
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Maybe Doc wil finally "get it" this year, as far as what can be  the long  term result of simultanelously resting starters and developing a bench during the regular season.

Sections
Shortcuts