22 pts - 14 ast - 5 rbs - 0 turn overs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

22 pts - 14 ast - 5 rbs - 0 turn overs

Who dat, you say?

Rajon Rondo.

End of story.  Nuff said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Re: 22 pts - 14 ast - 5 rbs - 0 turn overs

I gotta admit, I didn't expect that kind of night from Rondo or that he could still be capable of a night like this for this season.  If we can get this type of effort (not even these results, just the effort) from him, it's easy to see how this team can roll. 

Is this what we've been waiting for?  To play a good team, before everyone decides to step up to the competition?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

zero to's---priceless

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Tony 37 Rondo 41  Rondo wins but not by much, he has been a lot better since West started, got his attention.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: 22 pts - 14 ast - 5 rbs - 0 turn overs:
    [QUOTE]

Tony 37 Rondo 41  Rondo wins but not by much, he has been a lot better since West started, got his attention.

Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

-

Congratulations, you are a certified buzz killa.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

right Rondowski? its bc maryngary was one of the posters bashing rondo, and they refuse to admit that they were and ARE wrong about him. its pathetic, really.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo was spectacular Tony Parker played well but Rondo was the difference tonight. There is no comparison.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

right

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]right

i know :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    right Rondowski? its bc maryngary was one of the posters bashing rondo, and they refuse to admit that they were and ARE wrong about him. its pathetic, really.

Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

-

It would be laughable if they weren't so serious, but them being serious (and passing themselves off as knowledgable basketball fans) I have to agree with youse, dats jus pathetic.

You & Me, I & U, wese?  We got the truth on our side, it's what we and anyone with eyes can see.

LoL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo was spectacular Tony Parker played well but Rondo was the difference tonight. There is no comparison.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Parker did well early.Rondo totally dominated when the game was on the line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

rondowski, was about to start this thread but glad you beat me to it. ZERO turnovers was the key! this is rondo being the best pg in the game! this was a warning to d-rose! we win in 6 with ease if rr brings this intensity to this series!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    rondowski, was about to start this thread but glad you beat me to it. ZERO turnovers was the key! this is rondo being the best pg in the game! this was a warning to d-rose! we win in 6 with ease if rr brings this intensity to this series!

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

-

From one contrarian to another, youse mostly right.  Almost absolutely.  Beyond almost all but da tiniest shadow of a dout.

What dese pea-brains hav halv forgot, wit da half brain deyz gots werkin', is dat da playoffs is da layoffs fer da bull-shiters::: da playoffs is an-udder animal all-together, ain't it?

How many playoffs D-rosey-butt got unner hiz belt?  anywho? 

We mos def goin again da grain with dese no nuttin mudder-foolers.

Contrarians unite.

Go Celts!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]Tony 37 Rondo 41  Rondo wins but not by much, he has been a lot better since West started, got his attention.

I'm confused. what are you measuring here?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

That must have been some practice yesterday...since the haters claim that he doe;nt work hard or practice on his shot...right?? The truth is, its obvious he worked hard all summer on his shot, but it takes time for the new habits to take over automatically.  He looked like a litttle Rayout there. A beautifullsight to see..just in time, too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

If Rondo stays healthy enough he will eventually be in the basketball Hall of Fame.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo had a great game and was a huge reason for this win (as was Pierce and KG and Baby).  KG hit some extremely clutch shots, too.  Rondo hit some clutch shots with confidence and did not turn the ball over once.  He played spectacularly.

However, and I hate to be a "buzz killa", from this one performance let's not start these "I told you Rondo was the best PG in the league" nonsense.  Honestly, he has not played well lately as has several other players.  The team played a great game last night.  Let's leave it at that and hope "everyone" is finding their groove just in time for the playoffs.

But let's not pronounce Rondo as "back" and "shooting like Ray" as I've seen on some threads.  Everybody knows he's "capable" of playing like this!  He had a great game and I wish he plays like this for the rest of the season and into the playoffs.  I also wish KG plays this well and Baby and Pierce.

Now, if he has an off night tonight are we back to bashing him?  Or are we content knowing that Rondo (and the Celtics) "CAN" play like they did last night when they choose to and "THAT" is enough for playoff optimism?

Great performance nonetheless!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

One game guys..I will withold judgement on Rondo until the playoffs are said and done.  His shooting was great tonight, but like I said before I can live with his ups and downs shooting wise.  We need the dude to D up and shut his man down!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

i remember all ofd you wanted to gave up on rondo (smh)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo had a great game and was a huge reason for this win (as was Pierce and KG and Baby).  KG hit some extremely clutch shots, too.  Rondo hit some clutch shots with confidence and did not turn the ball over once.  He played spectacularly. However, and I hate to be a "buzz killa", from this one performance let's not start these " I told you Rondo was the best PG in the league " nonsense.  Honestly, he has not played well lately as has several other players.  The team played a great game last night.  Let's leave it at that and hope "everyone" is finding their groove just in time for the playoffs. But let's not pronounce Rondo as " back " and " shooting like Ray " as I've seen on some threads.  Everybody knows he's "capable" of playing like this!  He had a great game and I wish he plays like this for the rest of the season and into the playoffs.  I also wish KG plays this well and Baby and Pierce. Now, if he has an off night tonight are we back to bashing him?  Or are we content knowing that Rondo (and the Celtics) "CAN" play like they did last night when they choose to and "THAT" is enough for playoff optimism? Great performance nonetheless!
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone said best point guard in the league. In fact no one on the Celtics is the best in the league at their position. Rondo belongs in the discussion though.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to 22 pts - 14 ast - 5 rbs - 0 turn overs:
    [QUOTE]Who dat, you say? Rajon Rondo. End of story.  Nuff said.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

So 1 good game negates all the other bad games?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

First off, let me point out that I personally want the Celtics to turn things around because I would like the Lakers to play them in the finals. It doesn't get any better than that.

But I can't help but notice how so many Celtics fans are falling in line behind a guy that just a few months ago spent all of his energies on this board passionately arguing that the NBA secretly got together and conspired to prevent the Celtics from winning the 2010 title. I am astonished he has any credibility left.

That is all. Carry on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

Just curious, how are the Celtics Bigs looking these days?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 22 pts - 14 ast - 5 rbs - 0 turn overs : So 1 good game negates all the other bad games?
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Here is the problem - by most last night is viewed as a great night, the pinnacle of what a point guard should do only his absolutely best nights....

all other games Rondo plays in are simply great games.... this one last night however was the absolute best game ever....

or one like you can read about in the box scores from point guards all over the league.... so like when Jrue Holiday has 24 points, 12 assists, 24 points on 12 shots, made all 7 from the line, etc. on Wed night it is not Rondo and therefore not a great game - he is in his 2nd year and likely will be as good if not better than Rondo by the time he finishes his 5th year as Rondo is now but somehow when Rondo does something that guys do almost night in and night out it is irrelevant after all those other guys play for the Washington Generals - nameless, faceless, guys that don't wear green......

Last night a message to Rose..... I have to stop reading here... the price of depends has skyrockted and I just laugh so hard I lose control....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 22 pts - 14 ast - 5 rbs - 0 turn overs : Here is the problem - by most last night is viewed as a great night, the pinnacle of what a point guard should do only his absolutely best nights.... all other games Rondo plays in are simply great games.... this one last night however was the absolute best game ever.... or one like you can read about in the box scores from point guards all over the league.... so like when Jrue Holiday has 24 points, 12 assists, 24 points on 12 shots, made all 7 from the line, etc. on Wed night it is not Rondo and therefore not a great game - he is in his 2nd year and likely will be as good if not better than Rondo by the time he finishes his 5th year as Rondo is now but somehow when Rondo does something that guys do almost night in and night out it is irrelevant after all those other guys play for the Washington Generals - nameless, faceless, guys that don't wear green...... Last night a message to Rose..... I have to stop reading here... the price of depends has skyrockted and I just laugh so hard I lose control....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

p.s. on the same night as Holiday had his pitiful game Stuckey came off the bench and had 24 on 10 of 20 and all 4 of his freebies, 9 assists, 7 boards, 2 steals.......  bot oh boy he really must have been sending a message to Derick Rose.......

Sections
Shortcuts