2:55 in the fourth- Bass becomes invisible man on D and allows Josh Smith DUNK for Hawks lead!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: 2:55 in the fourth- Bass becomes invisible man on D and allows Josh Smith DUNK for Hawks lead!

In Response to Re: 2:55 in the fourth- Bass becomes invisible man on D and allows Josh Smith DUNK for Hawks lead!:
    Bass's defense hasn't been that good, obviously, but to enrage someone this much and have them single him out as the lightning rod of everything that can and will go wrong these playoffs is pathetic. Bass should have an easier time with Brand than with Smith and Marvin Williams, guys who are both the same height as Brand (like 1' taller than Bass) but faster athletic types. Now if he was on Thaddeus Young you could see the same issues as with Smith. Pietrus will be needed to play great D on Young. Philly has a short rotation, Brand plays the backup 5 and Young the backup 4, so really in my mind it will come down to KG and Bass having to outplay Hawes and Brand... not a bunch of mix and match D maybe like we saw with Atlanta.
    Posted by rameakap

Bass does not enrage me.  But hypocrisy does.  People rode Davis like sea biscuit for being a "terrible" rebounder last year and then not a word this year when Bass goes out and does the same thing.  In fact it wasn't just "not a word" but it was praise that Bass was "so much better" than Davis.

Nobody to this day has logically explained to me how this is possible given that we lost a valuable back up 5 who could also play 4, with better inside post moves, who was the lynch pin of our help defense for a much more limited scope player in bass.....  with the same rebounding numbers.

Tonight Bass was more of the same- blah defense, sub marginal rebounding, the usual that he has become in the playoffs to his more passable reg. season.  I am in the 3rd quarter on the DVR and I believe a 6-9 nobody named LAVOY WHO? ends up this game on 5-6 shooting, 13 or 14 pts, 5 or 6 rebs in short minutes?  Who let this guy out of the bag?  he's on the floor right now but I have not seen him do anything yet.  Maybe he's the next celtic killer.

The Celts were terrible throughout in the first half with the exception of KG.  It's really worrisome to see KG be the only one who really shows up (AGAIN) to play.  I know we have injury issues with Bradley, Pierce, Ray but they just did nothing the first half of Game 1 vs. Phi.  It certainly was not the Bass Solo Blunder show and I have NEVER said that it was at any point- in my own words I have said that Avery, Ray and Rondo have all had bad games too v. ATL. 

Realistically, since I'm not walking in Avery's Ray's or Paul's shoes, I don't know what to say about it when they stink.  Do you?  so I don't say a lot other than acknowledging it.  Supposedly Avery needs surgery, Ray needs surgery and Paul has a strained MCL, right?  So how ticked off can you get at them?  When Avery and Ray come up bricks from the outside, I'd sure love to see them adopt a slashing game and try some runouts to try to pick up the slack of what they aren't bringing.  Besides that what else can you do?

All I know is that we need to stop leaning on KG for 40 minutes of intensive performance, he will not last long.  Given that KG, Brandon and Rajon are the only healthy starters, it's high time that Bass gets some things done on offense and defense to relieve the burden of KG being the only significant 4/5 contributor.  Is that crazy talk or being enraged or "hating"?

Elton Brand obliged us nicely by playing dead, but how Does Lavoy WHO end up putting up those kinds of numbers against us in the playoffs, and WHO was guarding him?  Honest to God I can't figure out how he scored that many points and when?  He's on the floor now and is doing very little. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: 2:55 in the fourth- Bass becomes invisible man on D and allows Josh Smith DUNK for Hawks lead!

So far Bass is shrinking in the spotlight of the playoffs.. A complete non factor except for the opposing team... his PT is valuable to them

He still has a chance to redeem himself offensively... because hes not gonna learn to play defense on the fly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: 2:55 in the fourth- Bass becomes invisible man on D and allows Josh Smith DUNK for Hawks lead!:
    In Response to Re: 2:55 in the fourth- Bass becomes invisible man on D and allows Josh Smith DUNK for Hawks lead! : Big Baby was ridden hard for being fat immature and fighting with his own teammates... Bass is a classy professional Overall Bass had a slightly better season this year than BBD did last year... and currently is stinking up the postseason the same way Baby did. Not much difference. For all the reasons I'd listed on why a swap made sense it is still a good trade. Yet I never said Bass was 'much better' or anything like that. Fans enjoy a hardworking player maxing out his talents while keeping his mouth shut and being praised by his team over a slacker who shows up overweight, doesn't max out his talented, acts like a clown and whose teammates can barely hide their disdain of him. Maybe that also had something to do with it?
    Posted by rameakap

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: 2:55 in the fourth- Bass becomes invisible man on D and allows Josh Smith DUNK for Hawks lead! : Big Baby was ridden hard for being fat immature and fighting with his own teammates... Bass is a classy professional Overall Bass had a slightly better season this year than BBD did last year... and currently is stinking up the postseason the same way Baby did. Not much difference. For all the reasons I'd listed on why a swap made sense it is still a good trade. Yet I never said Bass was 'much better' or anything like that. Fans enjoy a hardworking player maxing out his talents while keeping his mouth shut and being praised by his team over a slacker who shows up overweight, doesn't max out his talented, acts like a clown and whose teammates can barely hide their disdain of him. Maybe that also had something to do with it?
    Posted by rameakap
    Bingo!
    Lets just hope bass finds his groove. We'll need all the help we can get. He did make a tough jumper last night.....

Sections
Shortcuts