1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

5 random numbers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: 29,18,13,2,1

Is there a pattern here, or are you posting lottery numbers?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Numbers Celtic fans shouldn't forget!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Nice post.  I'm still working on it...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I was right Celtic fans for get the relevance of these 5 numbers. How quickly they forget game 4 of the eastern conference semifinals.
    They forget being down 2 to 1,and looking like the last home game of the year for the Celtics.
    They forgot the biggest game of last year for the Celtics.
     They forgot 1 guy putting up numbers even Larry Bird never put up,or Magic or Jordan did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

of course they forget the brilliant play of rondo in the postseason. it hurts their arguments.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

That was Rondo's best game of his career.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: 29,18,13,2,1:
    [QUOTE]That was Rondo's best game of his career.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

oh so thats just a normal throwaway game. and he didnt have great games all the way thru the playoffs the last 2 years?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]of course they forget the brilliant play of rondo in the postseason. it hurts their arguments.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

The Big O and The Big Dipper had numbers like that and there is only one other player to have a similar game.
    Must be
    D Wills  nope
    J Rose Nope
    Parker Nope
    Mr Big Shot No
    J Kid  Nope    hmm wonder who it was?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]But therein lies the frustration with Rondo.  Who can forget those numbers or the play on JWill in game 3.  We are not talking about a stiff, but rather someone who brings a unique skill set to this game. However, when one sees him not fighting through picks or trotting after he gets picked off, then anyone has the right to be displeased.  He has simply set the bar high for himself; those less than inspired performances are a big let down. Injuries?...Cool, no problem....but if it's effort related then he deserves every bit of critisism he gets.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

and id be ok if ppl said that on boards. i as much as anyone get FRUSTRATED with the lack of energy he shows at times. i rlly think he is coasting to the playoffs. when young players win rings, it really dwnplys the significance of regular seasons. they are just beggin to get back to the dance. i will admit that Rondo probly doesnt give his all every single night, and thats not ok. the problem is ppl act like he sucks, he cant do anything, and he needs to be traded, and thats where ppl greatly exaggerate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 29,18,13,2,1 : oh so thats just a normal throwaway game. and he didnt have great games all the way thru the playoffs the last 2 years?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Jamez, what's the deal?  So you're critical of me saying it was the "best game of Rondo's career"?  Saying what the numbers represent isn't enough for you?

Sorry if I did not comment on the other games of the playoffs.  The thread, I thought, was a question about FIVE numbers (a players stat line).

What do you mean when you ask is that just a "normal throwaway game"?  I responded to the thread headline.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think people would rather the Celtics loose and hate Rondo then see #18

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

How many guys get up for a game in Jan. ,against a bad team.  1 player in 50 gets up for every game. Boston fans were spoiled by Larry Bird, but most players are like Cornbread Maxwell. 

I would rather a player play awesome in the playoffs,instead of looking like a regular season player,who is average in the playoffs. 

Rondo is a great team player,and doesn't care about his numbers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 29,18,13,2,1 : Jamez, what's the deal?  So you're critical of me saying it was the " best game of Rondo's career "?  Saying what the numbers represent isn't enough for you? Sorry if I did not comment on the other games of the playoffs.  The thread, I thought, was a question about FIVE numbers (a players stat line). What do you mean when you ask is that just a " normal throwaway game "?  I responded to the thread headline.

naw, i guess i interpreted ur words wrong, thought you were saying "that was the best game of his career, dont expect nething like it again bc hes not capable, that was a once in a lifetime performance." its hard sometimes to determine tone while reading words, but sry i read ya wrong lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Jamez, wow, you took all that from my post?  You totally misinterpreted my post.  Apology accepted.

I believe Rondo IS capable of doing this again and I'd very much like to see him duplicate that effort, if not an effort somewhat close to that kind of production.  However, it really doesn't matter as long as he helps us win ball games and eventually banner #18.

I honestly think Rondo is capable of a line of 16 pts, 10 rebs, 12 asts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]Jamez, wow, you took all that from my post?  You totally misinterpreted my post.  Apology accepted. I believe Rondo IS capable of doing this again and I'd very much like to see him duplicate that effort, if not an effort somewhat close to that kind of production.  However, it really doesn't matter as long as he helps us win ball games and eventually banner #18. I honestly think Rondo is capable of a line of 16 pts, 10 rebs, 12 asts.
    This is the healthiest PP Ray and KG been togather at same time since 08

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

yes, what's with all of these rim jarring slam dunks that PP has been showing  us lately?.....man, he has a spring in his step and I love it!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 29,18,13,2,1 : The Big O and The Big Dipper had numbers like that and there is only one other player to have a similar game. Must be D Wills  nope J Rose Nope Parker Nope Mr Big Shot No J Kid  Nope    hmm wonder who it was?
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

In his last 14 games he has 8 where he scored less than his season average including last night when he dropped 2 on the Bucks (to go along with 3 assists).

In the same 14 games he has had 9 where he had fewer assists than his season average which for all intents and purposes goes just about every game lately.

When team's have injuries and the other guys have tough covers, stars step up.  Rondo has regressed and dramatically.

Give anyone of those 5 guys 4 hall of famers and those numbers are bettered.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Same as I would rather Brady had an awful regular season, but he had to go and be perfect all year and then when it counted, he stunk Very Bad!

Soooo, I too would rather Rondo perform when it counts.  Half of the clowns people point to as dominating Rondo will be home playing 2k11 while Rondo is putting on another show for the ages!  Yep!   Cant Wait! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 29,18,13,2,1 : In his last 14 games he has 8 where he scored less than his season average including last night when he dropped 2 on the Bucks (to go along with 3 assists). In the same 14 games he has had 9 where he had fewer assists than his season average which for all intents and purposes goes just about every game lately. When team's have injuries and the other guys have tough covers, stars step up.  Rondo has regressed and dramatically. Give anyone of those 5 guys 4 hall of famers and those numbers are bettered.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

dudder, it may surprise you that 50% of the time players score less than their season average. same goes for assists.

as for your argument that any of those players could've put up a similar stat line: could they have got as many assists from playing with 3 hall of famers? sure. are they better scorers? of course. could they have grabbed 18 rebounds? NO CHANCE. and as for doing it all at once, in a playoff game, trailing 2-1 against the best team and best player in the league?

forget point guard. no other player in the league plays that sort of game

Sections
Shortcuts