2nd and 3rd still a possibility

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: 2nd and 3rd still a possibility

Lets just coast into the 6th spot ... give our guys some rest ... and then face NYK, IND, MIA.

I'd rather forfeit home court advantage than kill ourselves just to fall short and get a 4 spot which would mean Miami in the 2nd round ...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would rather us play as well as we can and get as high as possible in the standings.  Winning builds confidence.  Not worried about who we play when,  just let the chips fall where they may.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I would rather us play as well as we can and get as high as possible in the standings.  Winning builds confidence.  Not worried about who we play when,  just let the chips fall where they may.

Not necessarily.

The Celts are clearly better off staying away from the Heat. And since NY is hurting with injuries to Melo and Amare, the Celts can stay the 7th or 6th seed by resting KG and Pierce in April.

By doing that the Celts don't have to intentionally lose. Just play the guys from China!

I simply said I would rather be playing well going into the playoffs.  Doesn't really matter what I want,  Doc will do it his way.  What do you mean "not necessarily".  You don't believe winning builds confidence?  I do and all the teams I have played on and coached, the more we win the more confidence we had.  I am sure most coaches would agree with me.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I simply said I would rather be playing well going into the playoffs.  Doesn't really matter what I want,  Doc will do it his way.  What do you mean "not necessarily".  You don't believe winning builds confidence?  I do and all the teams I have played on and coached, the more we win the more confidence we had.  I am sure most coaches would agree with me.

I'm not disagreeing with you. But like what the Celts did, resting Pierce against the Bobcats, I'm sure will see more of that in April.

Come on, why force the issue becoming the 5th seed?

4th is out of our reach because we still have to play NOH, Dallas, and Memphis on the road. 

Not forcing anything,  just allways give your all is my mindset.  We got plenty of rest for PP and KG tonight.  24 and 20 minutes.  We may not get 4th but its definitely not out of reach.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Not forcing anything,  just allways give your all is my mindset.  We got plenty of rest for PP and KG tonight.  24 and 20 minutes.  We may not get 4th but its definitely not out of reach.

It's out of reach. 

Nets have 17 games remaining, Celts have 18 games remaining, and the Nets have the easier schedule.

So let Brooklyn and Chicago slug it out. The winner gets Miami in the 2nd round.

I agree that the Celts should always give their best. Just without Pierce and KG for the majority of April.

If we don't stay ahead of the Bucks we could end up playing the Heat in the first round.  They won the season series against us.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It's out of reach. 

Nets have 17 games remaining, Celts have 18 games remaining, and the Nets have the easier schedule.

So let Brooklyn and Chicago slug it out. The winner gets Miami in the 2nd round.

I agree that the Celts should always give their best. Just without Pierce and KG for the majority of April.

If we don't stay ahead of the Bucks we could end up playing the Heat in the first round.  They won the season series against us.

The Bucks won't catch us.

Don't worry, the Celts will play to win all their games in March. It's in April that strategy comes into play.

The Heat are so hot right now. But sooner or later they will cool off. No team can sustain that kind of play the rest of the season.

If they do the Heat could be eliminated.  Remember 2008 the Celtics won 66 games and looked unbeatable and then struggled in each series until the finals.

Fierce I was thinking the same thing about the second and third seeds.  The Knicks appear to be collapsing and the Pacers could struggle. It is very hard to see where we end up, but everything but the one seed is possible.  I hope the Heat keep winning, they will end up worse off for it come playoff time.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Again I will say the 2nd and 3rd seed are very unlikely.  I keep getting different explanations of whey they can get that high, then lose a couple game and get explanations of whey they can't get 4th.  Seems like after every game the target is moved and I get another explanation.  I will just stick with the one I have stayed with,  4th is about as high as they get to. The only reason there is a possibility of catching NY is I think I heard not only Melo, and Amare were hurt and no Chandler?   Chandler does change my thinking a little on catching them.  That is if we keep winning.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Again I will say the 2nd and 3rd seed are very unlikely.  I keep getting different explanations of whey they can get that high, then lose a couple game and get explanations of whey they can't get 4th.  Seems like after every game the target is moved and I get another explanation.  I will just stick with the one I have stayed with,  4th is about as high as they get to. The only reason there is a possibility of catching NY is I think I heard not only Melo, and Amare were hurt and no Chandler?   Chandler does change my thinking a little on catching them.  That is if we keep winning.

If NY goes 0-5 in their west coast trip and the Celts beat NY twice this month then the Celts have a shot at #3.

But if NY falls to #4 then that means Brooklyn will go up to #3. When that happens then I think the Celts would avoid the 4th spot.

Come on, man, why commit suicide against the Heat in round 2? 

Do you really think I have anything to do with it?  I didn't start this thread that started at second or third seed possible,  to we can't get 4th seed now.  I have just commented on what can happen and the way I would play.  I have found thru experience in golf and basketball that is you don't play your best and try to get in a certain position it usually comes back and bites you in the but.  Thats why you play to win and whatever happens, happens.  If NY does lose all 5 games and we take care of business we still have a chance I didn't think we had. Of course I didn't and dn't expect the Knicks to lose all 5 game either.  Every team in our conference can lose any nite.  Kings blow out Bulls, etc.  Again all I am saying is play our best and let the chips fall.  Remember we played the Cavs after they won 66 games in the regular season and then we broke a foot off in their behinds.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Do you really think I have anything to do with it?  I didn't start this thread that started at second or third seed possible,  to we can't get 4th seed now.  I have just commented on what can happen and the way I would play.  I have found thru experience in golf and basketball that is you don't play your best and try to get in a certain position it usually comes back and bites you in the but.  Thats why you play to win and whatever happens, happens.  If NY does lose all 5 games and we take care of business we still have a chance I didn't think we had. Of course I didn't and dn't expect the Knicks to lose all 5 game either.  Every team in our conference can lose any nite.  Kings blow out Bulls, etc.  Again all I am saying is play our best and let the chips fall.  Remember we played the Cavs after they won 66 games in the regular season and then we broke a foot off in their behinds.

Here's the thing, right now the 2nd seed is very unlikely because of that loss to the Bobcats. But the 3rd seed is still possible if the Knicks lose 5 road games and the Celts beat the Knicks twice this month.

I'm not saying play to lose. Of course the Celts won't do that. But if the Celts rest KG and Pierce in some of the games in April, the Celts won't be able to win many games. That means 6th or 7th. 

Again, it must be 3rd, 6th, or 7th. It's just strategy. 

And we never faced the Cavs when they won 66 games. That was in 2009. When the Celts faced the Cavs in 2010, the Cavs only won 61 games.

Anyway, why make it difficult? If the Celts can avoid the Heat in the first 2 rounds then the Celts will have a bigger chance of making it to the Finals.

OK the point on the Cavs is we knocked off a team that no one give us a shot at.  So I missed a year.  Point still made.  I  personally am not making anything difficult.  I doubt very seriously Doc is using your strategy.   First you explain to me how we can get 2nd or 3rd seed, then you explain how we can't get the 4th seed,  then you say 3rd seed is doable.  You don't have to explain to me who has to win and what happens if another team loses.  I know all this very well as I have looked at everyones schedule probably just as much as you have.  I understand how it all works.  You keep flip flopping on whats going to happen like a fish out of water.  I still stand by my original thoughts of what probably will happen.

Why do you feel the need to keep explaining all this to me?  Trust me I understand how this all works.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

It's out of reach. 

Don't worry, the Celts will play to win all their games in March. It's in April that strategy comes into play.

The Heat are so hot right now. But sooner or later they will cool off. No team can sustain that kind of play the rest of the season.

If they do the Heat could be eliminated.  Remember 2008 the Celtics won 66 games and looked unbeatable and then struggled in each series until the finals.

Fierce I was thinking the same thing about the second and third seeds.  The Knicks appear to be collapsing and the Pacers could struggle. It is very hard to see where we end up, but everything but the one seed is possible.  I hope the Heat keep winning, they will end up worse off for it come playoff time.

I am still not sure that anyone in the Eastern Conference could win a series against Miami.  I hope that you are right about Miami cooling off.  Not sure that I agree with it, but you may be right.  I don't want to see Miami win another championship this year but don't believe that anyone can beat them.  When thinking about the top Western conference teams I still believe that Miami is superior to them. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

It's out of reach. 

I am still not sure that anyone in the Eastern Conference could win a series against Miami.  I hope that you are right about Miami cooling off.  Not sure that I agree with it, but you may be right.  I don't want to see Miami win another championship this year but don't believe that anyone can beat them.  When thinking about the top Western conference teams I still believe that Miami is superior to them. 

The Heat can definitely crash and burn playing a hot team.  The Celtics if rested and getting big contributions from Bradley, Green and Crawford will be a nightmare for the Heat in the playoffs.

With Bradley on Wade and Green on Lebron the Heat will have all they can handle.  Underdogs yes but a team with a real shot if they can get there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

IMO. If somehow the Celts can go 7-2 the rest of March the have a real chance at the 3rd seed because the month of April looks to be a reasonably easy schedule. So to me its all about how they finish March if they finish strong go for the 3rd seed, if not rest KG and Pierce the month of April.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Lets just coast into the 6th spot ... give our guys some rest ... and then face NYK, IND, MIA.

I'd rather forfeit home court advantage than kill ourselves just to fall short and get a 4 spot which would mean Miami in the 2nd round ...

Agree!

Thats the way i see it going down...Doc will have no choice but to save PP and Kg for the play offs..unless they are rested and healed, we cannot even get past the first round, no matter who we play...best case scenario is make it to finals, but can't see us having enough to take Miami..

but I hope they prove me wrong..I can see us going out in the second round after a tough series...unless the new young guns come through for us...

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OneOnOne

Here's what another poster said, on another thread, about being 6th or 7th.

Re: Lakers Improving, we are not !!!

posted at 3/14/2013 11:00 PM EDT

• Mchampion
    • First: 5/31/2008
    • Last: 3/14/2013

You guys don't get it. The C's want the 6 or 7 seed.  They will be resting some players and postioning for a run at the heat in the Eastern Conference Finals.   That way they can see the Knicls and Pacers.  Teams they can beat, without having to go to Miami in the second round.

thats fine with me if anyone wants to think differently, I don't have a problem with it.  I just happen to have a different view.

Sections
Shortcuts