2nd and 3rd still a possibility

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: 2nd and 3rd still a possibility

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Do you really think I have anything to do with it?  I didn't start this thread that started at second or third seed possible,  to we can't get 4th seed now.  I have just commented on what can happen and the way I would play.  I have found thru experience in golf and basketball that is you don't play your best and try to get in a certain position it usually comes back and bites you in the but.  Thats why you play to win and whatever happens, happens.  If NY does lose all 5 games and we take care of business we still have a chance I didn't think we had. Of course I didn't and dn't expect the Knicks to lose all 5 game either.  Every team in our conference can lose any nite.  Kings blow out Bulls, etc.  Again all I am saying is play our best and let the chips fall.  Remember we played the Cavs after they won 66 games in the regular season and then we broke a foot off in their behinds.

Here's the thing, right now the 2nd seed is very unlikely because of that loss to the Bobcats. But the 3rd seed is still possible if the Knicks lose 5 road games and the Celts beat the Knicks twice this month.

I'm not saying play to lose. Of course the Celts won't do that. But if the Celts rest KG and Pierce in some of the games in April, the Celts won't be able to win many games. That means 6th or 7th. 

Again, it must be 3rd, 6th, or 7th. It's just strategy. 

And we never faced the Cavs when they won 66 games. That was in 2009. When the Celts faced the Cavs in 2010, the Cavs only won 61 games.

Anyway, why make it difficult? If the Celts can avoid the Heat in the first 2 rounds then the Celts will have a bigger chance of making it to the Finals.

OK the point on the Cavs is we knocked off a team that no one give us a shot at.  So I missed a year.  Point still made.  I  personally am not making anything difficult.  I doubt very seriously Doc is using your strategy.   First you explain to me how we can get 2nd or 3rd seed, then you explain how we can't get the 4th seed,  then you say 3rd seed is doable.  You don't have to explain to me who has to win and what happens if another team loses.  I know all this very well as I have looked at everyones schedule probably just as much as you have.  I understand how it all works.  You keep flip flopping on whats going to happen like a fish out of water.  I still stand by my original thoughts of what probably will happen.

Why do you feel the need to keep explaining all this to me?  Trust me I understand how this all works.

I think you're missing the point.

If the 3rd seed is doable then the Celts will go for it. But if the Celts fall to #4 I think they will let Pierce and KG rest and make the Celts fall back to #6. That's why I don't think #4 is possible!

But you said the 4th seed wasn't doable didn't you?  If the 4th seed isn't doable then the 3rd seed isn't either.  I have discussed this enough.  We will find out what happens.  I dont' the the Celtics have a plan like that to get where they want in the standing though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

From Doc Rivers.  Sounds like he agrees with what I said.

Rivers knows there are pros and cons to playing the Heat in the second round or the championship round. Just like the Heat could be more  wear and tear later in the postseason, so could the C's. Trying to pick and choose wins and losses in order to avoid them won't be the reason his team gets to where they ultimately want to get. 

"It doesn't work. If you want to go somewhere you're going to have to beat somebody or someone," Rivers said. "So you just have to focus on being better and ready when the playoffs start."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

From Doc Rivers.  Sounds like he agrees with what I said.

Rivers knows there are pros and cons to playing the Heat in the second round or the championship round. Just like the Heat could be more  wear and tear later in the postseason, so could the C's. Trying to pick and choose wins and losses in order to avoid them won't be the reason his team gets to where they ultimately want to get. 

"It doesn't work. If you want to go somewhere you're going to have to beat somebody or someone," Rivers said. "So you just have to focus on being better and ready when the playoffs start."

Doc is right.  If we are hot is the real question that will dictate our success or failure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Docs head is wrapped around the idea that veteran health is the most important thing going into the play offs. Wins and placement seem to come second.

With that being said, home court for the first round seems to fit into the concept of veteran rest more than other senarios. The Celts have shown that they can beat anyone in the East, and anyone in the West except San Antonio. With that in mind, I think that Doc might prefer facing the Heat in the second round, when the Celtics have more in the tank.

At this time, there is a three way tie for 5th place. "Anything is possible".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Docs head is wrapped around the idea that veteran health is the most important thing going into the play offs. Wins and placement seem to come second.

With that being said, home court for the first round seems to fit into the concept of veteran rest more than other senarios. The Celts have shown that they can beat anyone in the East, and anyone in the West except San Antonio. With that in mind, I think that Doc might prefer facing the Heat in the second round, when the Celtics have more in the tank.

At this time, there is a three way tie for 5th place. "Anything is possible".

I agree that Doc thinks health is the number one concern and rightly so. Depending on where the C's are at each given game could determine whether to rest PP and KG. If the C's look like they could get third  I believe he would try to move there.  If we are just flopping around in the 4-7 seed then they probably will get more rest.

All the explanations in the world from any of us is not going to be the set in stone. Who knows what Doc will do.  Like I said earlier,  it may come down to game to game and just trying to limit minutes there.  We are by not stretch out of the 3rd place race, which surprise d me.  With NY continuing to lose, us playing them 2 more times, anything could happen.  The Nets can lose any given nite as well.  It could be a crazy last month with lots of changes in the seedings daily.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If the Celts can get 3rd then go for it. But other than that, 6th or 7th is what's best for the Celts.

so you want the Celtics to get 7th seed and play the Heat in the second round?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If the Celts can get 3rd then go for it. But other than that, 6th or 7th is what's best for the Celts.

so you want the Celtics to get 7th seed and play the Heat in the second round?

3rd, 6th, and 7th will not play the Heat in the 2nd round.

The 4th, 5th, and 8th will play the Heat in the 2nd round.

Winner of 2 vs. 7 will play the winner of 3 vs. 6 in the 2nd round.

1 vs. 8 will play the winner of 4 vs. 5 in the 2nd round.

Your are right,  not sure what I was thinking about.   I was wrong,  made a mistake without thinking about it much.  That was really easy to say I was wrong about something instead of changing the subject matter.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We can definately make the 3rd,2nd will take some help but doable. I said starting with Utah the next 10 games would go a long way in determining where we will finish. With 2 of the 10 left we are 6-2 we beat Char and the cheat we go 8-2 and will be in a 2-3 way tie for 4th and about 2-3 games behind 3 and 2 respectively. We play 6 games,2 vs knicks, against teams tied or ahead of us in the last 16. Our destiny is in our own hands,which is always the best thing this time of year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

We can definately make the 3rd,2nd will take some help but doable. I said starting with Utah the next 10 games would go a long way in determining where we will finish. With 2 of the 10 left we are 6-2 we beat Char and the cheat we go 8-2 and will be in a 2-3 way tie for 4th and about 2-3 games behind 3 and 2 respectively. We play 6 games,2 vs knicks, against teams tied or ahead of us in the last 16. Our destiny is in our own hands,which is always the best thing this time of year.

Bingo!

Regardless we have to play the heat sometme. If we are HOT anything is possibile!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

8th seed is a possibility also. :) 

I think we should land somewhere around 5. Facing the Heat in the conference finals is ideal. Then we have to get there but I think that can be done...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

8th seed is a possibility also. :) 

I think we should land somewhere around 5. Facing the Heat in the conference finals is ideal. Then we have to get there but I think that can be done...

If the Celts are on the verge of getting the #5 seed, I think Doc will let KG and Pierce rest so that the Celts will go back to #6.

I think Doc has made it clear he doesn't pay attention to the standings or anything other than game to game and trying to continue to prove.  He may let them rest some but not to manuever his way in the standings.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Sixers also beat the Pacers tonight. Pacers now have 26 losses.

I was surprised that the Pacers lost to the Sixers.  They don't appear to be playing good basketball right now.  Not sure what happened to them.  Although, losing streaks can happen to anyone during the long NBA season. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anyone see that Darko thread?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to realdfury13's comment:

NY and Indy have a tougher schedule than the Celts.

If the Celts just lose 3 games in March then even the 2nd seed is possible.

And in case some of you didn't know, Amare is out 6 weeks and Carmelo needs offseason surgery on his knee also.

2nd or 3rd seed isn't looking too good.

you created a new name and waited until the end of the Knicks game to go out on a limb and post this? lol classy

ROTFLMAO

25. This post has been removed.