2nd unit needs a scorer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

2nd unit needs a scorer?

Just as I said earlier this week the 2nd unit doesn't have a low post threat or anyone who can command a double team and score points. Stackhouse may be needed, yea I know he's old but one on one he can score. Quis just doesn't have enough offense from the SF position.

Morrow is impressive. I would be willing to give up a bench player for him. He can flat out shoot/score.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: 2nd unit needs a scorer?

That was suppose to be Von Wafer, the scorer on the 2nd unit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to 2nd unit needs a scorer?:
    Just as I said earlier this week the 2nd unit doesn't have a low post threat or anyone who can command a double team and score points. Stackhouse may be needed, yea I know he's old but one on one he can score. Quis just doesn't have enough offense from the SF position. Morrow is impressive. I would be willing to give up a bench player for him. He can flat out shoot/score.
    Posted by BiasLewis

The only bench player that is of equal value to Morrow would be Big Baby. I like MOrrow, but I doubt if Ainge would make that trade.
        The C's have good bench scoring when healthy. Big Baby, Nate and J.O. All 3 are proven players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Can't believe Raja Bell didn't want to be a part of the main event and sign with either Celtics or Lakers....

Why did he sign with Utah ?

I hope Avery is really heathy because we could use him even if it's only 10 minutes a game.

I think the biggest trade assets we have are Jermaine's $6M contract, Perks $4.5 contract , and Nate's favorable $4M 2yr deal

I say with half the teams not making money , Danny should be able shake a major player loose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: 2nd unit needs a scorer?:
    Can't believe Raja Bell didn't want to be a part of the main event and sign with either Celtics or Lakers.... Why did he sign with Utah ? I hope Avery is really heathy because we could use him even if it's only 10 minutes a game. I think the biggest trade assets we have are Jermaine's $6M contract, Perks $4.5 contract , and Nate's favorable $4M 2yr deal I say with half the teams not making money , Danny should be able shake a major player loose.
    Posted by PHX85014

Even if Ainge could get a major player I don't think that major player would be happy with a backup role with the Celtics. Even Grant Hill turned the Celtics down because he didn't want to be a backup.

Why trade Nate and Perk when those two have proven that they can get it done in the playoffs. And nobody wants JO right now, he's damaged goods. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Ainge isn't going to do anything. Don't you Celtic fans read the latest? He said he likes his team the way it is and it's time for Bradley and Wafer to step up. Damn I know more about your team tnen you do! Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Grant Hill would have been the right guy for last and this season. Sadly he turned off the offer. But if Nash ever gets traded (and there are rumors ) he might be just available ...

However right now I would definitly give Wafer the ball(and so more minutes), that guy can really shoot. He just needs opurtunities.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We have plenty of firepower on the 2nd unit.. Nate is huge threat and BBD has been doing it all season.  Even Quis adds some points ...thats plenty.  IF Wafer can get it together, he's money from deep..

Would have been sweet having DWest there, really made us solid but we're still strong. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Can't believe Raja Bell didn't want to be a part of the main event and sign with either Celtics or Lakers.... Why did he sign with Utah ? I hope Avery is really heathy because we could use him even if it's only 10 minutes a game. I think the biggest trade assets we have are Jermaine's $6M contract, Perks $4.5 contract , and Nate's favorable $4M 2yr deal I say with half the teams not making money , Danny should be able shake a major player loose.
    Posted by PHX85014

He took the money rather than try to win a ring. He would've had a chance with either the Lakers or Celtics...with the Jazz, he's getting paid well, minutes and NO SHOT at a ring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Give Big Baby a chance to get back into his scoring mode.  He has been taking a rest offensively.  I don't look for it to last that long.  Morrow would have been a great signing but BBD brings so much more to the table.  Von Wafer should get a lot of open looks if he plays hard and he can flat out shoot. Let's see what happens.  Looking for a key addition now would most likely require overpaying. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

shaq is suppossed to be 2nd team when perk gets back right? there ya go. have some patience. there are plenty of scorers on the 2nd unit (davis, Marquis, nate, west when he gets back, von wafer if he ever plays). even though they go dry sometimes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

shaq is suppossed to be 2nd team when perk gets back right? there ya go. have some patience. there are plenty of scorers on the 2nd unit (davis, Marquis, nate, west when he gets back, von wafer if he ever plays). even though they go dry sometimes.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

I dont think Shaq will be 2nd team at all.  He has proven he is the man at center still. 

Sections
Shortcuts